• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Post your Cinebench 2024 score

System Name Untitled Machine #4
Processor Intel i7-14700K
Motherboard MSI Z790 Gaming Plus WiFi
Cooling DeepCool LT720 3x360mm
Memory Kingston Fury 2x 32GB DDR5 6000 Mhz
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB, Maxtor M3 Portable 4TB
Display(s) Xiaomi 34" Curved Ultra-wide 21:9 3440x1440 144Hz
Case Asus GT501 4x120mm
Audio Device(s) Logitech Pro X
Power Supply NZXT 1200W
Mouse Trust GXT930 Jacx
Keyboard Trust GXT865 Asta
VR HMD PICO 4 128GB
Software Lots of software :) Including Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores Testing testing...
Well, you kinda answered the question yourself :) Before you were getting 90-100c because you were not power-limited (especially true on Asus motherboards, but on other ones too). And now on default BIOS settings (assuming Intel Default Settings too) you're limited to 253W, hence less performance you get. Set those power limits higher temporarily if you want to confirm this. I'm with 14700K and I'm also around 5.0 on P-cores, but I'm also temp-limited so it often goes into the 4.8 range. So, your CPU is not "broken", it's just.. safer (temp-wise and voltage-wise).

Ah i see, that explains stuff then, i just always thought, if you never reach like 100c, and not temp wise throttled, you would always get max performance out of your cpu regardless ?

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite Ax DDR5
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 + P12 Max Fans
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury Beast
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf 4090 24GB
Storage 4TB sn850x, 2TB sn850x, 2TB Netac Nv7000 + 2TB p5 plus, 4TB MX500 * 2 = 18TB. Plus dvd burner.
Display(s) Dell 23.5" 1440P IPS panel
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH Performance Mid-Tower
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply Gigabyte 850w
was getting before bios update like 2200, now like 1800, 20% drop, seems alot, just watched a youtube video of someone using cinebench 2024, and his cores going to like 5500 5700 all the time and his temps 90 to 100, mine like 4800/5000, and temp never over 70/80, was as before was going in 90's to 100c, seems like something is holding the cpu back, surely the new intel bios would not be causing this ? thx
Yeah thats too low. Thats 170 lower than my 14700kf and even my scores are already on the lower end because of the limits I've intentionally put on it, and you have more cores than me. CEP is probably being triggered.

What kind of mobo do you have? You should fill out your system specs so we know these things. I really only know gigabyte intimately. But can you choose between different intel profiles? I cant, I get performance and thats it, gotta manually tweak from there. If you can, choose the extreme one. Next I would check the AC/DC loadline settings. For now the easiest thing would be set them both to 110/110 and we can optimize it later. If there was originally a factory undervolt and then intel came in and enforced CEP, that would significantly degrade performance. Alternatively, you could try turning cep off, but on gigabyte boards at least, you cant do that without unselecting the intel profile which... dont do that ( dont worry, it can be worked around if you do have a gigabyte board- but later, we are just troubleshooting now) but asfaik thats not the case on all boards so simply turning CEP off (might also be called undervolt protection) might do the trick. Not a bad idea to keep this on long term and optimize heat in different ways but again, we can do that later.

I imagine thats probably the problem, but if it doesn't work.... I suppose its possible the bios manufacturer set tjmax to 80, though I'm not sure if that would even get your score that low. In that case, change it to 90 or 100 for now and see if that helps.

Well, you kinda answered the question yourself :) Before you were getting 90-100c because you were not power-limited (especially true on Asus motherboards, but on other ones too). And now on default BIOS settings (assuming Intel Default Settings too) you're limited to 253W, hence less performance you get. Set those power limits higher temporarily if you want to confirm this. I'm with 14700K and I'm also around 5.0 on P-cores, but I'm also temp-limited so it often goes into the 4.8 range. So, your CPU is not "broken", it's just.. safer (temp-wise and voltage-wise).
Yeah its probably not broken, but its probably isn't optimized in a good way.

Last edited:
Have updated my 9950X score, managed to break 2800 points :toast:

Direct die 9950X ES
Watercooled by MO-RA in a big loop
ASUS X6700E GENE @ public 2303 bios
Gskill royal EXPO 8000 @ 8340MT/s CL32-45-39-46 GDM-disable
Clean install Win11 24H2

Cinebench R24 MT = 2810 pts
1726035395626.png

Yeah thats too low. Thats 170 lower than my 14700kf and even my scores are already on the lower end because of the limits I've intentionally put on it, and you have more cores than me. CEP is probably being triggered.

What kind of mobo do you have? You should fill out your system specs so we know these things. I really only know gigabyte intimately. But can you choose between different intel profiles? I cant, I get performance and thats it, gotta manually tweak from there. If you can, choose the extreme one. Next I would check the AC/DC loadline settings. For now the easiest thing would be set them both to 110/110 and we can optimize it later. If there was originally a factory undervolt and then intel came in and enforced CEP, that would significantly degrade performance. Alternatively, you could try turning cep off, but on gigabyte boards at least, you cant do that without unselecting the intel profile which... dont do that ( dont worry, it can be worked around if you do have a gigabyte board- but later, we are just troubleshooting now) but asfaik thats not the case on all boards so simply turning CEP off (might also be called undervolt protection) might do the trick. Not a bad idea to keep this on long term and optimize heat in different ways but again, we can do that later.

I imagine thats probably the problem, but if it doesn't work.... I suppose its possible the bios manufacturer set tjmax to 80, though I'm not sure if that would even get your score that low. In that case, change it to 90 or 100 for now and see if that helps.

Yeah its probably not broken, but its probably isn't optimized in a good way.
Thx for reply, i have a asus strix motherboard, and latest intel fix bios all defaults for the 13900K, that is preset Intel Extreme for the cpu, i know they made the bios on the safe side, but because my temps were ok, i just thought i should be getting 5500/5800 no problem, as that is the spec for the 13900K i thought, i am not great in the bios and would like to just leave bios as intel recommends really, but like i say, that should still give me the default speeds advertised by intel you would think, or is that for people that uses higher power than 253w, thx

Oh, on a side note, i did test a few games, and i noticed the pcores hitting 5500/5800, why would that happen in games and not cinebench, thx

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Storage 4TB sn850x, 2TB sn850x, 2TB Netac Nv7000 + 2TB p5 plus, 4TB MX500 * 2 = 18TB. Plus dvd burner.
Thx for reply, i have a asus strix motherboard, and latest intel fix bios all defaults for the 13900K, that is preset Intel Extreme for the cpu, i know they made the bios on the safe side, but because my temps were ok, i just thought i should be getting 5500/5800 no problem, as that is the spec for the 13900K i thought, i am not great in the bios and would like to just leave bios as intel recommends really, but like i say, that should still give me the default speeds advertised by intel you would think, or is that for people that uses higher power than 253w, thx

The intel profile doesn't fix every setting in the bios, mobo manufacturers still mess around with things like load lines, which is what I'm guessing your issue stems from. But if you're happy with things how they are, then so am I. But a 13900k shouldn't be getting 150 less points than a tightly constrained 14700k on a b board like mine.

Oh, on a side note, i did test a few games, and i noticed the pcores hitting 5500/5800, why would that happen in games and not cinebench, thx

Like I said earlier,

Well its not unusual for boost clocks to fall below max in all core loads, when you're hammering every core there's only so much power to go around so that not necessarily a big issue and varies a lot from chip to chip ( the silicon lottery), you should still be able to reach max boost in most real world tasks.

Gaming is a lighter load than cinebench, so higher boost is easier to maintain.

Last edited:
The intel profile doesn't fix every setting in the bios, mobo manufacturers still mess around with things like load lines, which is what I'm guessing your issue stems from. But if you're happy with things how they are, then so am I. But a 13900k shouldn't be getting 150 less points than a tightly constrained 14700k on a b board like mine.

Like I said earlier,

Gaming is a lighter load than cinebench, so higher boost is easier to maintain.
Not sure this is true, but i am sure i read somewhere, if you mess with any other bios settings, other than the new intel fix bios default settings, in my case Intel Extreme preset, it breaks the fix, and your back with the problems before, is this true.

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Not sure this is true, but i am sure i read somewhere, if you mess with any other bios settings, other than the new intel fix bios default settings, in my case Intel Extreme preset, it breaks the fix, and your back with the problems before, is this true.
Depends on the board and the setting. For example like I was saying before, on gigabyte I can't turn CEP off without turning the intel profile off first, and that also takes away the vid cap, though I can add it back in manually. But thats not the case on all boards, some can turn CEP off while the intel profile is still in place, its very not consistent and still a mess. For me, no, I can still change loadlines and it does not affect the intel profile at all. A lot of board are calibrated pretty badly by default.

Maybe somebody more familiar with asus can answer that for you, but it should be easy to test, just make a small change to a loadline, then using hwmonitor/hwinfo, run a load and see if any vid requests pass 1.55.

Actually better yet, don't do that yet. Just open up hwinfo, go to summary, motherboard, then tell me what it says under 'cpu vcore loadline calibration' 'ia ac loadline' and 'ai dc loadline'. I should be able to tell from that if CEP is the problem.

Last edited:
Depends on the board and the setting. For example like I was saying before, on gigabyte I can't turn CEP off without turning the intel profile off first, and that also takes away the vid cap, though I can add it back in manually. But thats not the case on all boards, some can turn CEP off while the intel profile is still in place, its very not consistent and still a mess. For me, no, I can still change loadlines and it does not affect the intel profile at all. A lot of board are calibrated pretty badly by default.

Maybe somebody more familiar with asus can answer that for you, but it should be easy to test, just make a small change to a loadline, then using hwmonitor/hwinfo, run a load and see if any vid requests pass 1.55.

Actually better yet, don't do that yet. Just open up hwinfo, go to summary, motherboard, then tell me what it says under 'cpu vcore loadline calibration' 'ia ac loadline' and 'ai dc loadline'. I should be able to tell from that if CEP is the problem.
Ok thx, i am here in the Uk, and its about to rain, so i am going to quickly cut the grass, then when i get back to computer i will get that info for you, thx

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Ok thx, i am here in the Uk, and its about to rain, so i am going to quickly cut the grass, then when i get back to computer i will get that info for you, thx
While you're at it, can you run a load like cinebench and tell me your max vid and vcore. You can find those in 'sensors' also in hwinfo. but open up the sensors window before running cinebench.

Last edited:
Good start, im new to this stuff, opened up hwinfo64, then choose summary - motherboard and for the life of me, cant see any of what you ask for, checked all under the tabs below motherboard.

cpu vcore loadline calibration
ia ac loadline
ai dc loadline

Also, under sensors there so many items with vcore and vid, what are there exact names i am looking for, thx

For ia ac loadline and ai dc loadline, are the below what you after ?

IA Domain Loadline (AC/DC): 1.000/1.000 mOhm
GT Domain Loadline (AC/DC): 4.000/4.000 mOhm

Last edited:
System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Should be here:

1726063906738.png

But idk maybe asus doesn't provide the same data.

You can also check here:

1726064033221.png
That gives us part of the puzzle, but if CEP is on, which it should be if you're on an intel profile, and the ac/dc is under 110, there should be some performance loss. If its under 90, there will be pretty significant losses. Unless its compensated for by the vrm loadline, which is what that medium is that you saw in the first picture that makes it work for me. There's a good chance it would have just said auto in your case anyway and who knows what the hell that means.

If it is low, then you can do three things.

1. Turn CEP off, intel recommends keeping it on, and you might have to disable the intel profile to do it, so thats not what I chose.

2. Just move the values back up. 110 for full power. 90 for a small undervolt that doesn't affect performance that much. I did this for a while. The thing is, it was a bit slower and there's still some distance between vcore and vid, which makes putting a lower vid cap on have a more significant impact on your boost clocks. And you want a low vid cap to protect your cpu. Mine is at 1415 (vs intels 1550) With just increasing the ac/dc loadline, that would have completely destroyed my boost clocks.

3. Move ac/dc to 55,55 then move your vcore/vrm loadline up to level 4 or 5, I went with 4 because with 5 vcore was sometimes passing vid and I didn't like that. But every mobo is different so you might have to do some testing to see which works best. Anyway, this should both keep the max vcore a bit lower and give you full performance. At least for me I found it worked the best. Every motherboard does this in a different way, with different names for every stage so idk whats its called on asus, but whatever is forth from the lowest.

Anyway, a big delta betwen vcore and vid is a big indicator that cep is triggering. The numbers you want are here:

1726064965776.png

and here:

1726065082112.png

See how mine are almost the same? Thats what makes cep leave me alone. Actually vcore is slightly higher, that almost never happens. Well anyway not a big deal, gives yours a look.

And again, I would consider getting rid of those single core and two core boosts.. They really drive up the voltage, and for not much gain. And you want to keep that voltage down for longterm stability. You could put all the pcores at 54 or 55. IMO anything above that is pretty far past diminishing returns but of course its up to you.

Then there's the vid offsets, but lets not overload you for now :p

Last edited:
Thx for your time posting all that, yes it dont show asus bios details like it does for you, strange, anyway found it using your second photo, what about cpu vcore loadline calibration ?, i will get back to you on the other two reading when i run cinebench 2024, thx

ADDED:
Right i googled cpu vcore loadline calibration asus, and found a photo to show me where to look in bios, but i only have this below, not sure if there the same, as no mention of vcore ?

CPU Input Voltage Load-line Calabration = Auto

CPU Load-line Calibration = Level 4:Recommended for OC

Synch ACDC Loadline with VRM Loadline = Enabled

Last edited:
System Name Crapostrophic
Processor AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard ASUS Custom PCB
Cooling Stock Asus Fan and Cooler Design
Memory 16GB of LPDDR5 running 6400mhz with tweaked timings
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 780M APU
Storage 2TB Aorus 7300 Gen 4
Display(s) 7 Inch IPS Display @120hz
Case Plastic Shell Case designed by Asus
Audio Device(s) Asus ROG Delta
Power Supply 40WHrs, 4S1P, 4-cell Li-ion with a 65W PD Charger
Mouse Asus ROG Keris Wireless
Keyboard AKKO 3098B hotswapped to speed silver pro switches
Software Windows 11 Home (Debloated and tweaked)
ADDED:
Right i googled cpu vcore loadline calibration asus, and found a photo to show me where to look in bios, but i only have this below, not sure if there the same, as no mention of vcore ?

Digi+ VRM menu on the extreme tweaker tab

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Thx for your time posting all that, yes it dont show asus bios details like it does for you, strange, anyway found it using your second photo, what about cpu vcore loadline calibration ?, i will get back to you on the other two reading when i run cinebench 2024, thx

ADDED:

Synch ACDC Loadline with VRM Loadline = Enabled
Hmmm, maybe its not cep afterall, that all looks right enough to me. Well anyway if you want this problem fixed you should probably start a new a thread and people more familiar with asus boards will probably be more help than me. Good luck.

System Name Crapostrophic
Processor AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard ASUS Custom PCB
Cooling Stock Asus Fan and Cooler Design
Memory 16GB of LPDDR5 running 6400mhz with tweaked timings
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 780M APU
Storage 2TB Aorus 7300 Gen 4
Display(s) 7 Inch IPS Display @120hz
Case Plastic Shell Case designed by Asus
Audio Device(s) Asus ROG Delta
Power Supply 40WHrs, 4S1P, 4-cell Li-ion with a 65W PD Charger
Mouse Asus ROG Keris Wireless
Keyboard AKKO 3098B hotswapped to speed silver pro switches
Software Windows 11 Home (Debloated and tweaked)
Oh and in bios, i have IA Cep and SA CEP both enabled, if thats what you been talking about ?
Internal power management menu if my memory serves me right its been quite a while I went into my BIOS since I calibrated my chip..you'll also find the CEP menu and alot of that intel current and voltage limitation options there.

Hmmm, maybe its not cep afterall, that all looks right enough to me. Well anyway if you want this problem fixed you should probably start a new a thread and people more familiar with asus boards will probably be more help than me. Good luck.
Well thx for all your help, learned a bit also, thought i would add Min and Average also, are these numbers ok ? oh and my score seems better than yesterday, like just a few % lower with the new intel fix bios, maybe i had stuff running in background, Multi Core 2149 , Single Core 131, MP Ratio 16.42 x

Core VIDs Max = 1.492 V Min= 0.753 V Average= 1.244 V

Vcore Max = 1.430 V Min= 0.755 V Average= 1.252 V

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Well thx for all your help, learned a bit also, thought i would add Min and Average also, are these numbers ok ? oh and my score seems better than yesterday, like just a few % lower with the new intel fix bios, maybe i had stuff running in background, Multi Core 2149 , Single Core 131, MP Ratio 16.42 x

Core VIDs Max = 1.492 V Min= 0.753 V Average= 1.244 V

Vcore Max = 1.430 V Min= 0.755 V Average= 1.252 V
Yeah those CB scores are way better and nothing to be concerned about. There is some distance between vid and vcore but doesn't look like its enough to cause any major issues. You could always lower the vid cap from 1550 to 1500 for a little added protection from transients or do a -30 or -50mv vid offset to keep that vcore down. But I mean, you don't have to, just some extra safety precautions you can take if you feel like it.

Makes me wonder what happened the other day. I think if you have the window out of focus it can affect the score depending on your powerplan settings, so maybe that? Idk.

Yeah those CB scores are way better and nothing to be concerned about. There is some distance between vid and vcore but doesn't look like its enough to cause any major issues. You could always lower the vid cap from 1550 to 1500 for a little added protection from transients or do a -30 or -50mv vid offset to keep that vcore down. But I mean, you don't have to, just some extra safety precautions you can take if you feel like it.

Makes me wonder what happened the other day. I think if you have the window out of focus it can affect the score depending on your powerplan settings, so maybe that? Idk.
Thx again for all your help, yeh im happy with scores now, i just built new pc, and been updating stuff and installing programs and downloading, maybe i had other stuff going on, but have done the bench a few times now, and scores roughly the same, i dont really know anything about messing in the bios, so i reckon i will just stick with all default, as my 13900K could be a bad one and get degraded soon, but i guess its ok at the moment, otherwise it would be crashing in these benches, is there any way to tell if my 13900K is one of the bad cpu's ? thx

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Thx again for all your help, yeh im happy with scores now, i just built new pc, and been updating stuff and installing programs and downloading, maybe i had other stuff going on, but have done the bench a few times now, and scores roughly the same, i dont really know anything about messing in the bios, so i reckon i will just stick with all default, as my 13900K could be a bad one and get degraded soon, but i guess its ok at the moment, otherwise it would be crashing in these benches, is there any way to tell if my 13900K is one of the bad cpu's ? thx
Not really, there's the intel diagnostic tool, but you have to be pretty far gone to not pass that. All you can really do is follow intels instructions and keep voltage down. One other thing MIGHT be related, and thats memory speed. We don't know if it causes degredation, we just know that for degraded cpus, turning previously stable speeds down can bring them back to stability. For that reason I lowered my memory speed to 6000. Intel's officially highest supported speed is 5600, so you could go with that.... but 6000 is just such a nice round number.

Not really, there's the intel diagnostic tool, but you have to be pretty far gone to not pass that. All you can really do is follow intels instructions and keep voltage down. One other thing MIGHT be related, and thats memory speed. We don't know if it causes degredation, we just know that for degraded cpus, turning previously stable speeds down can bring them back to stability. For that reason I lowered my memory speed to 6000. Intel's officially highest supported speed is 5600, so you could go with that.... but 6000 is just such a nice round number.
Ah, i use XMP, mine runs at 6400, i might actually lower it, as i think it only gives a little boost to overall performance anyway, especially in games, like when i tested it last time, gave me like 1 or 2 extra fps in games, thx

System Name Personal computers
Processor Ryzen 7000, 8000 & 9000 series
Motherboard X670E & B650 boards
Cooling Deep Cool, Cooler Master, Thermal take & Stock air coolers
Memory 5 kits of DDR5 - G.Skill Flare X5, Corsair Vengeance RGB, Team T-Create, Adata & XPG Lancer
Video Card(s) Asus TUF gaming RX 7900 XTX OC edition / iGPUs
Storage 1 + 2TB T-Force Cardea A440 pro / 2 x Kingston KC3000 1TB / PNY 1TB M.2 / WD 250GB M.2
Display(s) 34 " / 32" / 27" LCDs
Case MSI MPG Sekira 100R / Silverstone Redline mATX / Antec C8
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE 7.1 + Audio Technica -AD500X / Onboard + Creative 2.1 soundbar
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x V2 / Corsair RM750x V2 / Thermaltake 650W GF1
Mouse MSI Clutch GM20 Elite / CM Reaper /
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon / MSI G30 Vigor / Ttesports Challenger Duo
First attempt with my new tower cooler, no CO for PBO, curious to see how it would run with just Vcore offset.
cPBO_6200CL30_2167_TTcooler_a - Copy.jpg

System Name My-Gaming-Rig
Processor 12900K
Motherboard MSI PRO Z790-S WIFI
Memory 32gb (2x16) TCreate @6000
Video Card(s) Gygabyte RTX 4080 Super OC
Storage 2gb nvme and 4gb ssd
Display(s) 45in LG Ultragear
Case Corsair
Audio Device(s) Razer BlackShark V2
Power Supply Corsair RMX1000
Mouse Logitech G303
Keyboard Logitech G710+
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Windows 11 pro x64
System Name PowerSpec 1720 (Clevo PB70EF-G)
Processor i7-8750H (UV)
Motherboard PB70EF-G
Cooling SYY 157
Memory 32GB 3000MHz 15-18-18-36 1T (OC)
Video Card(s) 115W RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (OC/UV)
Storage 500GB WD Black SN700 NVME, 1TB Samsung 980
Display(s) 144Hz G-Sync 17.3" IPS
Case PowerSpec
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Pro-Gaming X
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Redragon K556/DITI K585
Software M$ Windows 10 Pro, Throttle Stop 9.5, MSi Afterburner, ParkControl
Screenshot 2024-09-21 221704.png

12900K still hanging in there.