• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

and 2 1060 ? they have no sli bridge port
Neither does the GTX750 Ti. However, if you search youtube for 750Ti SLI, you'll find videos where people have used this program to enable SLI with them. Anyway, i've confirmed that 2 1060s do work. So, yes, it will work. The PCIE bus will be used instead of the bridge connection. That might impact performance a bit in certain situations but it has been done and will work.

Has anyone gotten 3 way 1060s to work in any benchmarks? How about 4 way

It should work. Just as i said above there are videos on youtube where people have gotten 750Ti SLI working and those cards don't have the bridge connector either. Anyway, there's at least one video where someone did it with 3 750 TI cards and if I recall he did get a performance gain. So, it should work. However, it should be note that 3 and 4 way SLI doesn't always scale very well anyway and the fact that we're using the PCIE bus more might impact that as well. I suspect that it will work and in some situations you see a performance benefit but I wouldn't expect it to scale perfectly. Also, you probably need to be mind full of PCIE bus bandwidth and make sure the cards are in a configuration where they each get the maximum PCIE bandwidth available. That is try to find a configuration where all of the card get full 16x bandwidth if possible or at least 8x. I wouldn't recommend putting one or some of the card in an x4 slot because in this situation your going to be putting more data on the bus. Anyway, if you've got the money to burn, why not go for it and give us your results.

Also if your going 3 or 4 way SLI, a dedicated phsyx card might make sense. The physx card could probably work well in a 4x or perhaps even 1x slot as the operations it will be performing are more compute bound. Something like a 750 or 750Ti makes a good dedicated physx card.

ruvacl

Neither does the GTX750 Ti. However, if you search youtube for 750Ti SLI, you'll find videos where people have used this program to enable SLI with them. Anyway, i've confirmed that 2 1060s do work. So, yes, it will work. The PCIE bus will be used instead of the bridge connection. That might impact performance a bit in certain situations but it has been done and will work.

It should work. Just as i said above there are videos on youtube where people have gotten 750Ti SLI working and those cards don't have the bridge connector either. Anyway, there's at least one video where someone did it with 3 750 TI cards and if I recall he did get a performance gain. So, it should work. However, it should be note that 3 and 4 way SLI doesn't always scale very well anyway and the fact that we're using the PCIE bus more might impact that as well. I suspect that it will work and in some situations you see a performance benefit but I wouldn't expect it to scale perfectly. Also, you probably need to be mind full of PCIE bus bandwidth and make sure the cards are in a configuration where they each get the maximum PCIE bandwidth available. That is try to find a configuration where all of the card get full 16x bandwidth if possible or at least 8x. I wouldn't recommend putting one or some of the card in an x4 slot because in this situation your going to be putting more data on the bus. Anyway, if you've got the money to burn, why not go for it and give us your results.

Also if your going 3 or 4 way SLI, a dedicated phsyx card might make sense. The physx card could probably work well in a 4x or perhaps even 1x slot as the operations it will be performing are more compute bound. Something like a 750 or 750Ti makes a good dedicated physx card.

nvlddmkm.sys i don't have this file to sli 750ti any info how to sli them... thank you

etajv100

hi i'm new to this, hope you have to the time and the will to help me out in this,

i have a gtx 680 from msi and a gtx 770 from gigabyte, i've heard about the bios thing and tried turning my gtx 680 into a 770 for sli after countless tries with multiple bios(s) no luck, the sub vendor changes but the device id didn't so i was unlucky, until i found this tried it once and second and a third time no LUCK even tho i read about the device ID thing wish both of my gpus are incompatible with each other as :

GTX 770 = 1184
GTX 680 = 1180

so it wont work, even tho i knew that i done it anyway, but i knew i'm getting nowhere (but i was dreaming it might work)...

from what i know a gtx 770 is a 680 rebrand and is almost the same card + based on same GPU GK104...

i'm desperate in here nothing has worked if you sir have an idea how you can help me that would be beyond appreciated! even tho i know i'm asking for the impossible, i'm open to any ideas!

god bless!

good day fellas.

evitair

378.49 nvlddmkm.sys file not patching for me... :( nor is 378.66

Last edited:

B3nny89

Hey first time posting
Been following this very closely also thank you for the work and time spent, personally. I had help but finally got this figured out. Running windows 10 x64 ill show my steps.
Single mode 3dmark was poor 1788
Dual mode 3dmark - 7781
Dual 660 GTX 2GB working on Non sli board - Asus z97~C
Used 375.70
Make sure they are the same memory size.
1. Clean uninstall of all display drivers with BOTH cards o n the board and the SLI bridge removed
2. Install the driver's required (375) .30 / .70
(Make.sure. two cards are noticed in device manager first... importance i found before driver install.. dont matter if its error all over nv driver install will take care about that.)
3. I then Copyied the file from \windows\system32\driverstore\nv_xxxx
4. Ran 1.6 patcher as admin account in folder directly from c: root in folder dont run install cmd yet
5. Boot into safemode first and now run cmd install as admin with uac and in test mode enabled copy the file from modded (from a admin account long as admin and uac off) area back to original directory from driverstore
6. Shutdown and install the bridge again and boot
6. You may need to advanced boot again and disable driver verification first
And that should allow control panel to enable sli again the device drivers must see both cards first. And allow the driver to utilizes before enabling sli

I hope recent drivers get an update as well next thing i can try is spoof 375 to play bf1 ? I had a old at6 with i7 920 dual x16 sli but the board i have with thr z97 is trying to force me to get a single 10 series or try the move with crossfire

Last edited:

psp2003

Hello
I have 2 GPUs - 660Ti and 670. And i try a multiple of instructions, version of drivers (375.70/376.33/376.60)... But on stage of enabling SLI, driver falls., and table are freezing (with a small icon of chip) Until such time as it is not reinstall.
what am I doing wrong?
Windows 8.1 , version of software - 1.6, antivirus are offline
Motherbord with SLI support, SLI bus is connected

ptspts

Hi!
I have the same problem as psp2003. Differense only in second gpu (in my case 660Ti and 760)
What are we doing wrong?

psp2003

Well, my broken motherboard didnt supply more than 2 PCI-E devices (WiFi+GPU+GPU=crashes in games)...
660Ti are sold

System Name The Beast
Processor Intel C2Q Xeon X3380 @ 4.275ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-USB3.0
Cooling Corsair H100 with 4x120x120 fans
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2300
Video Card(s) Gainward 2xGTX660ti 3GB OC SLI
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / WD SATAII 1TB / Seagate Barracuda SATAII 320GB / Maxtor SATAI 120GB
Display(s) Dell 27"
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Mobo's built-in chip
Power Supply CORSAIR HX620W MODULAR
Software Windows 8 Pro X64
In mgi we trust. He has always been here for us. Mgi give us some of your magic man!

dalmar72

I am still waiting patiently and hate to ask, but with todays update to BF1 it will not even launch with version 376.60, it requires that it is patched to 378.49. So I have a bit of a conundrum update to 378.78 (current) and get to play the new bf1 maps, but no SLI, or wait for mgi to get the new patch worked out. I hope he was just wating for the 1080ti to come out and the drivers to finalize for that before making a new patch.

Bass3rd

Got two EVGA 670gtx superclocked, a 4gb and a 2gb... no luck on SLI. Been seeing the SLI option in the panel after following instructions on the 1.6 version but as soon as I try to apply it, the driver freezes and crashes never to be loaded again by the PC, even disabling signatures won't bring it back. I Have to DDU and reinstall drivers to be able to get back to NVIDIA control panel... with no SLI option :(

Been trying 376.33 and 376.60. Followed every instructions, patching with success, safe mode to run the win10 Install.cmd edited with the right paths to driverstore...

Had 3 or 4 instances of false joy finally seeing the SLI option in the panel but never got it working. I'm now a bearded under-slept and hungry OCD mess. I can feel the anger mixed with mild autism kicking in.. the kind you get from a blue balls situation. I'm about to give up on society altogether... I need help and/or medication...

System Name The Beast
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / WD SATAII 1TB / Seagate Barracuda SATAII 320GB / Maxtor SATAI 120GB
Display(s) Dell 27"
Any other dev that could step in in mgi's absence?

System Name The Beast
Display(s) Dell 27"
Went back to 376.60. Not the latest but still work like a charm on the latest Hitman game.

Bass3rd

What would you guys think about me flashing the EVGA GTX670 4gb with the same bios as my EVGA GTX670 2gb ? Do you think my 4gb card would:

1 - Even survive the process
2 - Allow me to be able to flash back the original bios in case of misapps or like sell the card
3 - Make it behave like a 2gb card so SLI should be smooth sailing with any drivers.

It's a bit bet and it might brick my card so I'm not too sure about risking it. If the architecture of the card is essentially the same but the cpu being able to address a larger amount of the memory, maybe it could work right? Or am I foolish to even consider trying it...

What's your take on this?

andym07

Hello tech guys,
I am new here - but have already gone through the instructions and successfully SLI'd my two 970's on an old AMD motherboard! Thank you so much to the dev's here who made this happen. I used differentsli v1.6.

I have a couple comments, and questions.

1 - BIG THANKS @Arkanggel10 instructions and video worked great! I can even reboot normally and still have SLI without having to do the option 7 reboot each time. I did get the test mode watermark in bottom/right corner but honestly I don't care to remove it.
2 - the only thing I had to do differently than the video was find the nvlddmkm.sys file (was in whole different folder than anyone on here has had apparently), and edit the differentsli install file to reflect that path.

Now my issue - in benchmark (heaven) - I am getting slightly better scores with SLI. However in games (Crysis 3, Rise of Tomb Raider so far) performance is much worse with SLI than just one card. Thought I had a bad card, since one is new, but swapped them and stress tested individually with no issue. But FPS probably 20% worse and stuttery in the games with SLI. Going to install and test Bioshock Infinite tonight...

How could this be? I've seen online benchmarks that show SLI should really help all 3 of these games. I request your input please...

So I wonder:
- I might have a crappy PSU to run two cards, but in theory 650w should work right? Could this be the culprit? how could I test this?
- When I edited the differentsli Install file, the ONLY thing I did was "find and replace" the incorrect path to nvlddmkm.sys with the correct path. And deleted the two administrator lines per @Arkanggel10's video since I have win10. Do I have to edit anything else?? The driver does seem to be working properly.
- Is there some kind of SLI setting I need to check that I'm missing?
- Final thought - Win10 home would AUTOMATICALLY install the 376.53 drivers on each bootup - I couldn't figure out how to stop this. But, since 376.53 was prior to 376.60 which was tested here, I figure no problem. Could there be a problem with these drivers specifically? They seem to be working fine afaik.

Help! I got to the finish line with the differentsli install, but don't understand why my performance is worse with SLI enabled! Is anyone else having this problem?

SPECS: (bear with me I built this PC in 2009, except for the GPU's and SSD)
Win10 home 1607
mobo - MSI 790FX-GD70
CPU - AMD phenomx4 965 black edition oc'd 3.7ghz (air cooled)
GPU - 2x evga 970gtx sc acx 2.0 in the correct 16x pcie slots (top and 3rd blue ones) on NVidia 376.53 drivers (see note above...)
RAM - 8g Corsair something or other
SSD - Samsung evo 500g
PSU - Azza 650w (this may be a problem - cheap, never even heard of this company, came combo'd with my $30 atx case 9 years ago)

andym07

What would you guys think about me flashing the EVGA GTX670 4gb with the same bios as my EVGA GTX670 2gb ? Do you think my 4gb card would:

1 - Even survive the process
2 - Allow me to be able to flash back the original bios in case of misapps or like sell the card
3 - Make it behave like a 2gb card so SLI should be smooth sailing with any drivers.

It's a bit bet and it might brick my card so I'm not too sure about risking it. If the architecture of the card is essentially the same but the cpu being able to address a larger amount of the memory, maybe it could work right? Or am I foolish to even consider trying it...

What's your take on this?

I did some googling, users on a couple different forums say that SLI does not work with 2 different vram's. Sorry. One was specifically the 670 4g and 2g. So you're not alone...

Personally I wouldn't flash unless you're willing to trash :) Sell and get newer GPU - 970's are around 150 on ebay.

Bass3rd

Ok so I went at it, flashed the 4gb card with the 2gb bios... got lucky as the card survived. But it wouldn't work properly, artifacts everywhere and driver not loading. Garbage in GPUZ also. Still could flash it back to the original bios and made it back to normal after reboot. Still no SLI for me :(

But hey I'll try and sell these cards and proceed to upgrade to twin 970s... Gotta have my SLI candy after all that nonsense.

D

Deleted member 170712

Hello everyone here! So, with nvidia's new driver versions even differentsliauto 1.6 doesn't work at this time.

Solutions?

Can we reuse nvlddmkm patched file from earlier driver versions to make differentsli useful again?

Hi all.
I see that to use different SLI I need Vista or Seven.
Is there a way to obtain a procedure for Windows XP64?
The file that should be patched is not present in the NVIDIA drivers package.

I know is not a common operative system but I need it.

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:

Alex_BY

378.92 is don't patching too. I trying to run two identical GTX970 on the ASUS M5A88V-EVO and have SLI Disabled :-|

@mgi125, really hope you'll have time to fix it :(