• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

salan

I Can Confirm DifSliAuto Ver 1.7 Works on Windows 10 Pro with Nvidia 382.33, After combining different methods. Thank You To JameszZzz , Veiker, Pinkpanther and Many Others. Posted Below is the Complete method Combined all in one place for anyone who would like to try.

Download Version 1.7 And Veikers install file

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/differentsliauto1-7-zip.88372/

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/install-rar.83099/

1. Disable UAC
2. Disable Virus software
3. Delete old Differentsli folder.
3. Open "run" certmgr.msc, delete all differentsliauto certs.
4. Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
5. After reboot run reg cleaner and ccleaner.
6. Install NVIDIA drivers clean install. reboot
7.Run cmd.exe as admin and enter:
bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe /set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS ON
bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

8.Delete install in difsli folder, replace with Veikers install file located above.

9. Go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository sort by date and you'll find a recently created folder named nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4. Or whatever yours is named, Look for the newest 1.
Copy that text into your clipboard and in Veiker's install script replace the three instances of nv_dispi.inf_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Still in that folder (nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4), copy nvlddmkm.sys and paste it into your DifferentSLIauto 1.7 directory

10. DISABLE graphics cards indevice manager
11. Run the patch (DifferentSLIAuto.exe)

12. <shift>-Restart into Safe Mode
Run the Install.cmd as admin. You should get a certificate installed and 1 file successfully copied. Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ "TO" C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and Paste it Here.

13.Reboot Normally, Enable Graphics Cards in Device Manager. Then Reboot again. Upon Restart the Enable Sli Option Should Now Be available. Enable SLi, Turn UAC back up and Turn Antivirus back on and Reboot.

Thank you very much for the compilation of information and downloads. I just purchased a second GTX 780 the other day and came to find out my motherboard doesnt "support" sli, even though it has 2 x16 PCIe lanes and 2 x8 PCIe lanes. I had been trying to find a way around it ever since and was just about to give up when I found this, all previous versions I found(up to v1.4 of DifferentSliAuto) just gave errors. Found this post yesterday and its been working ever since. This should probably be pulled out of here being buried on the 90th page of this thread and stickied somewhere, very helpful.

382.53 working?

Yes, I just set my GTX 780's up last night with the latest drivers on Windows 10.

I had a couple questions though, could this cause damage at all to my motherboard and/or cards because sli not being officially supported by the motherboard and if not why the hell is sli disabled in the drivers from the start?

Other question, I dont know if its related to SLI in general or just having to use hacked driver, but Assassins Creed Unity now Crashes my PC and forces auto restart ONLY when SLI is enabled. Is that a usual SLI issue, or something that could be a symptom of having to use the hacked drivers?

System Name https://valid.x86.fr/6t2pb7
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-Gaming 3
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LED DDR4-3000 16GB
Video Card(s) https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b4362/msi-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-x
Storage Western Digital - Black PCIe 256GB SSD + 3x HDD
Display(s) 42" TV @1080p (main) + 32" TV (side)
Case Cooler Master HAF X NV-942
Audio Device(s) Line 6 KB37
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W
Mouse Roccat Kova / Logitech G27 Steering Wheel
Keyboard Roccat Ryos TKL Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803
Unless you tell us which MoBo you have, it's difficult to say why it does not support SLI out of the box. You might as well fill out your system specs in the profile section of this forum.

Just using this hack itself will not damage any of your hardware. Not included however are consequences from the usage of SLI itself, e.g. if your power supply is too weak to fully power two or more cards, there might be crashes and even worse.

Crashing / auto-rebooting is not an SLI issue. I run different SLI systems since almost 8 years and have never experienced crashes due to the usage of SLI.

salan

Im using a dell precision t7500 workstation with the stock motherboard and power supply.

The board itself has 2 x16 pcie 2.0 lanes. And 2 x8 pcie 2.0 lanes and i have tested all four pcie slots with both of my gtx 780s and they all work fine. Shows 2 gpus in bios. Device manager and nvidia control panel. Just sli option is blocked out without this driver hack.

Psu is more than capable. 1100w 80plus silver.

What i meant by possible damage was is it possible that using sli on this board since it is supposedly not sli compatible(even though all evidence suggests otherwise) would potentially damage the board.

Assassins creed unity is the only game i have had issues with so far using sli. Was crashing the entire system. Got it loaded last night finally but in game i am getting like 15fps with sli enabled.

One last question though. Do you think i would get more performance benefit out of this sli setup with a motherboard thats actually built to support sli?

Anyways again much thanks for this program and all the information. Was greatly disappointed when I finally got myself a second gtx 780 and sli option was missing. Without the post above i never would have gotten this working either since the only version of diffsliauto with a working download was v1.4 on github witch was not working

Probably comes down to lack of certification (which is written into BIOS) of that MoBo. No surprise here, since Dell mostly caters to business customers, which won't pay extra for that.
Technically the MoBo has everything needed for SLI (min. two PCIe x8 slots).
Assassins creed unity is the only game i have had issues with so far using sli. Was crashing the entire system. Got it loaded last night finally but in game i am getting like 15fps with sli enabled.
Crashes which lead to blue screens/auto-reboots actually would worry me a lot. I'd at least disable that game from using SLI by nVidia control panel (set that game to single-GPU). If that does not suffice, you need to disable SLI manually before launching that game.
One last question though. Do you think i would get more performance benefit out of this sli setup with a motherboard thats actually built to support sli?
Maybe a tiny bit. But probably not significant.
Getting just another MoBo would probably be a waste given the age of your CPU.
So in my opinion it's either keeping what you got (if you're more or less happy with it) or replacing the entire CPU/MoBo/RAM combo.
But the twin 780s will still do it for a while I think.

salan

alright well thanks for the information. Ill be keeping the cpu for a while, currently using a E5645 Xeon 6core witch is getting the job done pretty well, all the comparisons i have read online put it pretty close if not same performance as a FX 8350.

Only thing about the motherboard is getting to run sli from the start without having to do a whole process every time I install a new driver and not having to run in test mode indefinitely, but this driver hack is great, I sit on this for a while until/if ever I can actually replace the motherboard.

I am still curious though if using this method to hack the drivers to allow sli on a "non" sli motherboard may cause more issues than using normal sli, such as more installibility problems, crashes ect. ect. ect., is it just a simple patch in the driver that enables the setting for sli to turned on whereas they just disabled it in the drivers just because the motherboard doesn't technically have sli certification?

System Name Desktop
Processor i7-3770
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Memory Transcend DDR3-1333 4*4G
Video Card(s) GTX750Ti*2 (DiffSLI)
More technically, this patch removes the BIOS SLI Cert check AND the Graphics Card Model Check only, other parameters inside the driver isn't touched
The best solution about instability problems is to build your PC as close as a normal SLI environment is, including using SLI Bridges when you can and giving sufficent power via the 6/8pin auxilary supply input

I am still curious though if using this method to hack the drivers to allow sli on a "non" sli motherboard may cause more issues than using normal sli, such as more installibility problems, crashes ect. ect. ect., is it just a simple patch in the driver that enables the setting for sli to turned on whereas they just disabled it in the drivers just because the motherboard doesn't technically have sli certification?

salan

Ok thanks for that clarification.

Has anybody found a free way to sign the modified driver so it doesn't require TestSigning mode to be enabled? I had to reinstall the driver and re-patch it today and ran into an issue with the install script where it wasn't signing the driver so I had to go through the process of figuring out how to sign it manually witch I did, but now that I went though that I have looking into trying to figure a way to do it so test mode doesn't need to be enabled.

I found this here: https://andrewpeng.net/computing/enabling-sli-on-a-dell-precision-690-with-geforce-video-cards

But this method requires paying 60$ for the code signing certificate and a linux server setup. Would it be possible to do something like this with a "free" service such as at this link?: http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

The method I followed to TestSign the driver manually I found here: http://woshub.com/how-to-sign-an-unsigned-driver-for-windows-7-x64/

Anybody think there would be a way to combine the above resources to Sign the modified driver with a service such as CACert so that it does not require Test mode to be enabled?

How many certificates does this install that have to be deleted every time you reinstall a driver?

Last edited by a moderator:

base1

Hi guys,

So after two whole days of searching and trying different things it seems I'm stuck...

The only thing I'm looking for is to use a 3 displays setup (not for gaming, I just need more space for my work).
I currently have two monitors on my GeForce GT 730 128bit (yes the one model from that series which doesn't support 3 monitors, only two)
I also have a Nvidia NVS 300 which I was hoping to use to be able to get an additional display working.

My motherboard is the one from a HP z200 workstation (506285-001) and I use windows 10.

Given the hardware that I have available is there any way I can get it to work together for a 3 monitor setup ?

Thank you very much should you decide to give some insight on this.

...Has anybody found a free way to sign the modified driver so it doesn't require TestSigning mode to be enabled? .
The certification needs to be cross-signed by Microsoft. As long as noone pays them to do so, the TestSigning has to be enabled.
The method I followed to TestSign the driver manually I found here: http://woshub.com/how-to-sign-an-unsigned-driver-for-windows-7-x64/
That's basically what the install script of DifferentSLIauto already does. Still lacking the cross-signing.

The only thing I'm looking for is to use a 3 displays setup (not for gaming, I just need more space for my work).
I currently have two monitors on my GeForce GT 730 128bit (yes the one model from that series which doesn't support 3 monitors, only two)
I also have a Nvidia NVS 300 which I was hoping to use to be able to get an additional display working.
My motherboard is the one from a HP z200 workstation (506285-001) and I use windows 10.
This is the wrong forum thread to ask, since it has nothing to do with SLI or DifferentSLIauto. So short answer:
I don't see why you couldn't use these two cards in your MoBo, resulting in 3 video outputs total, which then can be organized in nVidia control panel.

Amblin

More technically, this patch removes the BIOS SLI Cert check AND the Graphics Card Model Check only, other parameters inside the driver isn't touched
The best solution about instability problems is to build your PC as close as a normal SLI environment is, including using SLI Bridges when you can and giving sufficent power via the 6/8pin auxilary supply input

First of all, thank you very very much to you and everyone else who contributed to this project.

I did have a question...I have read elsewhere that DifferentSLi bypasses or doesn't even use the SLi bridge when connected, though given what you have said here I would assume that it is false and that the bridge is utilized when connected. I am using DifferentSLi to use SLi on a board that only has CF certification and has 1x 16x PCIE and 1x 4x PCIE. Now I would expect that if I buy a bridge and connect the two cards that I would see a bit of a performance boost, no matter how meager, given that one slot is 4x. Is this a reasonable assumption? Thank you!

System Name Desktop
Processor i7-3770
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Memory Transcend DDR3-1333 4*4G
Video Card(s) GTX750Ti*2 (DiffSLI)
Please refer to This post
The bridge definitely has it's use in both official and unofficial SLI Setups, so installing a bridge can likely help in-game performance.
But sadly I can only answer this based on the code I had inspected, because my 750Tis don't have SLI connectors I can test with.

Amblin

Please refer to This post
The bridge definitely has it's use in both official and unofficial SLI Setups, so installing a bridge can likely help in-game performance.
But sadly I can only answer this based on the code I had inspected, because my 750Tis don't have SLI connectors I can test with.

Just put in an order for one. Thanks!

salan

Can anybody help me with this?

I am running into this problem now, if I have to reinstall my drivers or new drivers when I do it keeps replicating the Certificate and the signtool fails because its finding more and more of the Cert. I have deleted it in CertMgr, deleted the DifferentSliAuto.cer in C:\\Windows and deleted the registry entry. That should be every trace of the certificate I think, but yet the signtool in the script still keeps finding multiple of the certificate and failing.

I have bypassed the issue temporarily by renaming the certificate created in the script, but these things are just going to keep on stacking up. Witch parts am I missing when I delete the old Cert that is leaving it on my system>?

Is it possible to make a 2x1050ti SLI using this tool?
Yes. But the lack of an SLI bridge requires a very high PCIe bandwidth, otherwise SLI scaling will be suboptimal.
Also remember that you are at the mercy of someone updating this project for future driver versions.
... the signtool fails because its finding more and more of the Cert. I have deleted it in CertMgr, deleted the DifferentSliAuto.cer in C:\\Windows and deleted the registry entry.
There are two entries in certmgr and a multitude of them in the registry; you sure you caught them all?

Last edited:

salan

Yes. But the lack of an SLI bridge requires a very high PCIe bandwidth, otherwise SLI scaling will be suboptimal.
Also remember that you are at the mercy of someone updating this project for future driver versions.

There are two entries in certmgr and a multitude of them in the registry; you sure you caught them all?

I am only seeing one in Trusted Root Certification Authorities. I am using CCleaner to clean the Registry. What other cert is created?

I am only seeing one in Trusted Root Certification Authorities. I am using CCleaner to clean the Registry. What other cert is created?
There's another one in a store called 'DifferentSLIAuto'
You can also run a search for 'SLI' in certmgr.

No, not hidden, see pictures...
Zwischenablage01.png

Zwischenablage02.png

salan

Yea I don't have the DifferentSLIAuto store showing up, just the cert in Trusted Root

gast24

Tried the latest manual and got after activating the graphics card and rebooting the error "This device was stopped, because it reported an error (Code 43) " (translation)
Any Ideas?

Tried the latest manual and got after activating the graphics card and rebooting the error "This device was stopped, because it reported an error (Code 43) " (translation)
Any Ideas?
Basically means the driver could not be loaded.
One of the many steps in the installation procedure failed.
Check for script errors in the command window during install.

System Name Dominator 2016
Processor intel core i7 6800K
Motherboard MAXIMUS VIII HERO
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Vengeance LPX 32GB
Video Card(s) 2x GTX 750ti
Storage Samsung EVO 980
I have 2 gtx 750ti and a GA-B150M-D3H can I use this hack?

Basically means the driver could not be loaded.
One of the many steps in the installation procedure failed.
Check for script errors in the command window during install.
is this compatible on me?

I have 2 gtx 750ti and a GA-B150M-D3H can I use this hack?
I don't see anything standing in the way.
Not being able to use an SLI bridge will put more load on the PCIe bus, but at least your x4 slot has PCIe v3, so the SLI scaling will not be too bad.
Still be prepared to disable SLI for some odd games, which put high load on the bus (worst offenders are some racing simulators I use, like RaceRoom, rfactor2, which send insane numbers of primitive draw commands over the bus)

Last edited: