• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Starfield: FSR 2.2

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
If you actually played the game you'd laugh at anyone saying 5 year old games look better, but it doesn't seem like you have. You stared at a bunch of ultra zoomed in screenshots in SDR and watched a bunch of low bit rate youtube videos, of course it's gonna look underwhelming.

I found the game boring and empty, but you are biased and utterly dishonest about this.
I've preordered the game and already have 10+ H in it. That's why my complaint. And yes, there are dozen other older games that look way better than this.
Don't have time to write them all, but Hellblade, Horizon ZD, Gears 4, Witcher 3, latest Deus Ex or Tomb Rider, etc, etc

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I've preordered the game and already have 10+ H in it. That's why my complaint. And yes, there are dozen other older games that look way better than this.
Don't have time to write them all, but Hellblade, Horizon ZD, Gears 4, Witcher 3, latest Deus Ex or Tomb Rider, etc, etc
Even Baldur's Gate 3 looks better honestly, while running on the Divinity OS engine, if I lower my camera I have more detail, better draw distance and about twice the FPS in 3440x1440 native.

And that's an isometric-based game... not even first person where you have assets in your face. Its like the world upside down. And its similarly a world where every single item can be manipulated and maps are filled with many thousands of such objects :D

I'm leaving Starfield in the oven for a bit longer. Waste of time to play it now, I'll take it modded and cleaned up... It quickly identified to me as yet another Bethesda open world, reskinned and with more loading screens than ever to cater to transitions between zones.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
In the time it took you to make this you could have downloaded the reshade before early access even began and fixed your own problem.
You didn't read my post? I've already downloaded and tried the Neutral LUT mod, confirmed it fixes the issue, and said I'm waiting to see if Bethesda patch it themselves. My complaint is not that it's unfixable, but that Bethesda launched it like that, thinking it was acceptable in the first place.

I don't really have any free time to play Starfield until the weekend of the 16th, so it's patched by then, great - and if it's still a mess, I'll keep going with the mods.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Pretty lousy IQ for a title that wants to be so advanced...
The Creation Engine is just ancient and not suitable for what they're trying to achieve in Starfield. Not being able to fly to planets in real time is one of those drawbacks of this game engine. They completely missed the point, they should have gone with 5 hand crafted planets instead of 1000 AI generated ones.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
The Creation Engine is just ancient and not suitable for what they're trying to achieve in Starfield. Not being able to fly to planets in real time is one of those drawbacks of this game engine. They completely missed the point, they should have gone with 5 hand crafted planets instead of 1000 AI generated ones.
There have been game engines that aged well. But yes, they're the exception, not the rule.

The real bad part is that up until now, nobody said "hey, it doesn't look that great, but the gameplay is awesome". Dated as they may be, graphics seem to trump gameplay in this title :(

Processor AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.825ghz 1.36v
Motherboard ASRock x370 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-C14s
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb 3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti
Display(s) LG 4k IPS
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 + more fans
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA P2 750w
Mouse G900
Keyboard G810
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm going to try the xess injector even though I use a rx 6800 XT. When I played Remnant 2, xess seemed to be better so I want to try it out.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
There have been game engines that aged well. But yes, they're the exception, not the rule.

The real bad part is that up until now, nobody said "hey, it doesn't look that great, but the gameplay is awesome". Dated as they may be, graphics seem to trump gameplay in this title :(
But the gameplay isn't awesome. Its what we've been doing since we took an arrow to the knee and prior. You walk around, you see enemies, you get ultra clunky combat, you hoard everything they drop and move on for more discovery and adventure.

They added some ME Andromeda styled combat tricks and they similarly don't really work because the game's a numbers RPG at its core, surrounded by an FPS with poor gunplay. You can 'play make believe' with all of it, and if you're immersed, it'll work. But great gameplay? I beg to differ... Its still a piss poor shooter that for most will run 30-50 FPS combat scenes, and less if you're on console.

Having played a few hours now I can definitively say it fulfills my expectations completely, its a Bethesda open world title front to back, with all the old niggles and issues present. Todd knows it, Bethesda knows it, and that's all it will be. I also get a distinct NMS vibe here, but then without promises we get a half dozen content updates to add those missing features. No space travel transitions 'this is fine'..... a loading screen for the most immersive part of space traversal, I can't even think of a bigger immersion breaker, because now effectively there is no tangible difference to 'entering a new area' that warrants a loading screen. 'OH I'm in space now yay', and in practice the next step is you select some waypoint and the game presents you ANOTHER loading screen to 'land'. What the actual fuck. Seriously. Its the future and fast travel became twice as annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: bug