• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlock the shaders - AMD Radeon RX 560D

79luca79

@pavle
Thank you so much! It worked fine, i now have 768 Shaders and it didnt crash in CS2 and 3dmark Timespy. :)

(For anyone that might come later: i used amdvbflash gui version)

I upgraded the hp bios on this machine to 2.23. It seems to have unlocked everything, so maybe the old bios i had was messing things up, or im an idiot. I unlocked 1024 cores, went into PBE and set the rx560 power limit to 50w, changed the memory to 1750mhz along with uber timings, and saved. Now im getting about 5900 graphics score (firestrike) compared to 4200 graphics score, which is perfect 42% linear scaling comparing 50w to 35w. I also have the upgraded (from i5 8500t) i7 8700 TPL (turbo power limits) limited to 50w as well using throttlestop and task scheduler. Quite a peppy little 1 liter machine i must say. Temps are still well within range usually hovering around 80c and peaking about 85c for both GPU and CPU. This has to be near the limit though as hwinfo64 shows 135w system power peaks and i dont know how much further would be safe to push the 150w power brick. Try at your own risk.
Sorry for reviving an old thread but with the updated system bios, were you able to undervolt this card to help with power while unlocking the shaders? Any undervolt sticking with latest bios? Even if shaders aren't unlocked undervolting should help with fan noise that I'm curious about.

ell_bnt

hi guys! I was wondering if someone could unlock my bios? would be much appreciated thank you!

Attachments

• 6.rom
    256 KB · Views: 5
hi guys! I was wondering if someone could unlock my bios? would be much appreciated thank you!
You already should have 1024 shaders active, since this is Polaris 21 XT BIOS. I cannot do anything with it. Post GPU-Z screenshot if you can.

ell_bnt

You already should have 1024 shaders active, since this is Polaris 21 XT BIOS. I cannot do anything with it. Post GPU-Z screenshot if you can.
here's a screenshot
Capture.PNG