• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
here is my id:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_104386C7&REV_1003
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_104386C7
also i have windows 10 x64 home edition creator update latest updates if that helps

hi ifpmaximus34.
I did not get a chance to ask you this back then but (out of curiosity) what kind of ASUS motherboard are you using that has that HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_104386C7"? Use either CPU-Z (click on Mainboard tab of that tool) or Speecy (and look at the motherboard section) to gather the model number of that ASUS board.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
I tried everything on w10 on my alc892. I want only DTS but I am sooo confused as to which software to install and how to install. Is it still possible to achieve dts on windows 10 or not? if yes how?

For Optical output (being used by me on ALC892):

Install the High Definition Audio Codec software/drivers from the Realtek website. Then use my DLL file and instructions from here (DLL needs to be extracted from the RAR first of course):
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ve-dts-interactive.228612/page-6#post-3870378

Configure through the old Control Panel (searchable through the Start menu) and old Sound device settings - Advanced tab of your Realtek Optical device (it might list 2 devices, only 1 is the correct one probably.) Note that the test sound will only play 2 channels. Hopefully your audio reciever or whatever indicates what format is being output to it. If not, test the surround in a surround sound game or whatever. (Surround sound movie software tends to be more complicated for Optical/SPDIF nowadays.)

Install the High Definition Audio Codec software/drivers from the Realtek website. Then use my DLL file and instructions from here (DLL needs to be extracted from the RAR first of course):
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ve-dts-interactive.228612/page-6#post-3870378

Configure through the old Control Panel (searchable through the Start menu) and old Sound device settings - Advanced tab of your Realtek Optical device (it might list 2 devices, only 1 is the correct one probably.) Note that the test sound will only play 2 channels. Hopefully your audio reciever or whatever indicates what format is being output to it. If not, test the surround in a surround sound game or whatever. (Surround sound movie software tends to be more complicated for Optical/SPDIF nowadays.)

trying right now. Have tried that before with the latest r2.82 drivers and only saw dolby digital on advanced settings and got no audio just blinking decode light on my logitech z906

installed like you said. DTS shows up but when I test it, no sound. Any solution to that?

Nope, I wouldn't know why, especially with the same Realtek hardware.

It seems like maybe you did if DTS showed up, but did you "Unblock" the DLL in the DLL's properties? (W10 security since it's from somebody else's computer.) Also, you sure you are in the right device settings? As I said, it might display multiple devices for you.

No error message? Are there no Enhancements enabled? (immediate mode should be fine). Did you do the Regedit?

Nope, I wouldn't know why, especially with the same Realtek hardware.

It seems like maybe you did if DTS showed up, but did you "Unblock" the DLL in the DLL's properties? (W10 security since it's from somebody else's computer.) Also, you sure you are in the right device settings? As I said, it might display multiple devices for you.

No error message? Are there no Enhancements enabled? (immediate mode should be fine). Did you do the Regedit?

There is no Unblock option there, I think I am on right device settings bec. when I push test, decode light turns on on my z906 but no sound comes out. REGEDIT is also there. I am even on TEST mode just to be sure everything works. And this point is the point where I am stuck for a year now. It was working perfectly before creators update but afterwards i couldnt get it working

I don't know. I'd assume your Windows 10 is updated to where it should be right now, don't know. Microsoft's problems with it (which went for long periods of time, repeatedly), have been fixed for a while now.

Does anyone know own a ALC1150 Mainboard with all Dolby Digital features enabled by default (Licensed)?

I don't know. I'd assume your Windows 10 is updated to where it should be right now, don't know. Microsoft's problems with it (which went for long periods of time, repeatedly), have been fixed for a while now.
I am lost too, I tried anything and everything possible. The last thing I can think of is that there is a hardware issue. But it works as normal spdif output, it doesnt work when it comes to dts output. Actually msi told me that (mobo is msi) it supports dts. When I use their own driver and try to netflix it doesnt work there either.

Mine is MSI as well. With that, along with other issues, I'm probably not buying MSI next time.

Does anyone know own a ALC1150 Mainboard with all Dolby Digital features enabled by default (Licensed)?
Does anyone know the Hardware- & Subsystem-ID of a ALC1150 with Dolby Digital enabled (licensed) features?
Ex: VEN_XXXX&DEV_YYYY&SUBSYS_ZZZZZZZZ&REV_ZZZZ

Have anyone upgraded to win 10 1809 (RS5) and managed to get digital 5.1 line under the 'advanced' tab ? ( 1809 released TODAY )
previous FX configurator settings that gave me digial 5.1 on win10 1803, simply REFUSES to work for win10 1809.... WTF ?!

UPDATE:
OK, i've uninstall everything releated to audio driver, APO etc... download latest files from PureSoftApps, and installed drivers, APO FRESH.
I got back digital 5.1 DDL and DTSi just as before ( few FXConfigurator tweaks )....
BUT even though I used the SAME "FX Configurator" configuration before on my win10 1803 - NOW SB720 refuses to work on win10 1809 !

I think 1809 require new KGA licence files for SB720 - anyone ?

Last edited:

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW REALTEK DRIVER VERSION 6.0.1.8551 + SOUND BLASTER X 720° APP (NOT UWP)
THIS DRIVER IS SIGNED BY ME, NOT REQUIRING THE DEACTIVATION OF THE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT OF TEST MODE.

ANALOG OUTPUT: SOUND BLASTER X 720°

DIGITAL OUTPUT: DDL AND DTS

DOWNLOAD

WARNING: SOUND BLASTER X 720° REQUIRES NET FRAMEWORK. DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN THIS PACKAGE BY SIZE, BEING NECESSARY TO DOWNLOAD IT FROM MICROSOFT SITE.
FOLLOW THE .NET FRAMEWORK DOWNLOAD LINK:

1 - REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER 6.0.1.8551 (SIGNED BY ME)
2 - CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X 720° APP (NOT UWP) VERSION 3.2.28.0
3 - REALTEK ASIO DRIVERS
4 - BONUS: MY DIGITAL CERTIFICATE FOR INSTALL DRIVER
5 - BONUS: MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ ALL IN ONE PACKAGE

GOOD RESORT TO ALL

THIS DRIVER IS SIGNED BY ME, NOT REQUIRING THE DEACTIVATION OF THE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT OF TEST MODE.

DOWNLOAD

WARNING: SOUND BLASTER X 720° REQUIRES NET FRAMEWORK. DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN THIS PACKAGE BY SIZE, BEING NECESSARY TO DOWNLOAD IT FROM MICROSOFT SITE.

3 - REALTEK ASIO DRIVERS

GOOD RESORT TO ALL

Excellent!!! Works like a charm!

AAF Optimus

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Excellent!!! Works like a charm!
THANK YOU!

FIXING MY REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER:

ADDED DTS TAB IN OPTICAL OUT OPTIONS

FOLLOW IMAGE:

Realtek DTS Tab.JPG

AVAILABLE SOON TO DOWNLOAD...

Osirus

These threads are a lot to take in and it seems the method has changed over the years. Is there a current, preferred way of doing the patching in Windows 10? I have ALC1220.

gaywallet

DOWNLOAD

3 - REALTEK ASIO DRIVERS

GOOD RESORT TO ALL

Hey Alan, thanks so much for this!

The drivers are only giving me the option to output as DDL not DTS as well. While I'll take either over none, any ideas why this might be?

I uninstalled all drivers then used your installer. Do I need to install 8551 first or did your installer include those drivers? I'm on win 10 1809

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Hey Alan, thanks so much for this!

The drivers are only giving me the option to output as DDL not DTS as well. While I'll take either over none, any ideas why this might be?

I uninstalled all drivers then used your installer. Do I need to install 8551 first or did your installer include those drivers? I'm on win 10 1809
All included.

FIXING MY REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER: (FIXED!)

ADDED DTS TAB IN OPTICAL OUT OPTIONS

FOLLOW IMAGE:

View attachment 109750

LINK TO DOWNLOAD:
ONEDRIVE

GOOD RESORT TO ALL

Last edited:

DOWNLOAD

GOOD RESORT TO ALL

Hey Alan,

The driver works great as far as sound goes, however my mic volume seems to be very low, even at max boost, are there any settings I could adjust in the driver files to fix this sort of issue? It only seems to affect my analog headset whether it's connected to the rear mic jack or front panel, now my Rift mic works just fine, so that's a bit odd. But the headset mic works fine on other drivers, so I don't think it's the headset its-self. Any pointers you could give would be a big help!

Osirus

I ran the patcher tool and got DDL and DTS as options in the Windows Sound Default Format menu. They just didn't appear in the Realtek HD Audio Manager as options. Is there a way to get them there as well?

Also, no matter where I install Realtek drivers from I always get the dark themed, Gigabyte skinned Realtek manager. I have a Gigabyte motherboard with ALC1220, will I always get the Gigabyte version no matter what?

SovereignGFC

EDIT: The stock ALC1200 drivers from ASRock do this too. Z5500 speakers with a Monoprice SPDIF cable if that means anything.

EDIT2: This one makes me look slightly stupid--it appears that's just the nature of SPDIF since there's some kind of on-the-fly mixing going on.

I hate to be "that guy" (who signed up just to say something doesn't work quite right) but...something doesn't work quite right.

ALC 1220 on an ASRock X470 Taichi non-Ultimate.

There's a slight audio lag before any sound plays for the first time. For example, if I click on the volume icon and change the volume, about a second will pass, then I might or might not hear a tone. Then, if I change the volume again quickly I hear either half a tone or the full tone from Windows.

This also applies to other audio (MP3s, MKVs etc).

Last edited: