• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I'm puzzled as to why this French Resistance fighter in Sniper Elite 5 is black and Scottish? Woke agenda perhaps?
snper-elite-5-french.jpg

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm puzzled as to why this French Resistance fighter in Sniper Elite 5 is black and Scottish? Woke agenda perhaps?
View attachment 249251

See this is what I was talking about, not bashing or anything but a perfect example.
If it was me I wouldn't even notice this in a playthrough cause it doesn't matter to me at all.

Idk maybe I'm just ignorant but in my gaming time stuff like that is completely irrelevant as long as I have fun with the game. 'Sniper elite is not a history accurrate lesson game either no?'

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
See this is what I was talking about, not bashing or anything but a perfect example.
If it was me I wouldn't even notice this in a playthrough cause it doesn't matter to me at all.

Idk maybe I'm just ignorant but in my gaming time stuff like that is completely irrelevant as long as I have fun with the game. 'Sniper elite is not a history accurrate lesson game either no?'
I get what you're saying and I certainly don't play games for history lessons, but I do know my history and I am not aware of any Scots fighting in the Resistance, black or white.
That's why it stands out, because it grates on my teeth due to its inaccuracy. It doesn't take away from the fun, but at the same time, cannot be ignored.

System Name AlderLake
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
I get what you're saying and I certainly don't play games for history lessons, but I do know my history and I am not aware of any Scots fighting in the Resistance, black or white.
That's why it stands out, because it grates on my teeth due to its inaccuracy. It doesn't take away from the fun, but at the same time, cannot be ignored.

Fantasy man..
Create The Cure GIF by PEEKASSO

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Yeah, jump ship man. If you're even vaugely interested in a game go in blind. Don't read the sites, absolutely stay clear of the forums and junk. You don't even have to quit the internet entirely. All that is rubbish anyway. Gamer elitism is so much BS and I hate it. Don't even go on user reviews, and absolutely ignore Steam reviews. If you like it you like it, and most platforms have solid refund policies. Finding games to like is hard though, but frankly I think there's not much to like out there. Not for me anyway.

Oh and do try to go in blind on movies. If it is a movie you know you'll watch, ignore everything about it. Don't read anything. Ideally I don't even want to know the actors involved, or even the basic plot.
Yeap. This is pretty much me. It's not only about the money though, it's the time and emotional energy. Even going through the refund process is just kinda bleh. I'll spend some decent time trying to make a game work for me, depending on what I think is keeping me from enjoying it. Sometimes it's me, and I need to come in with a different mindset on a different day. It can very well take me too long to just piece together if a game is or isn't going to work for me. Sometimes, I can tell right away that I'm gonna enjoy a game. Other times, it takes over 20 hours of play before something clicks and I end up doing another 100.

I would also add, it's no fun to not be able to go places and talk about games, or see what they're saying at all. That is a part of the appreciation it itself. Totally blocking yourself off isn't a final solution in my mind. It amounts to just giving up on something that probably can and definitely should be better. A big part of all art and entertainment is the culture around it. I think that people generally benefit from talking their experiences with art out - it can bring new understanding, someone may have information or other experiences that when passed onto you via interaction, actually change how you experience that thing. When it comes to games, some also just have a lot of depth and it can pay to learn more about the details - especially if it is a new genre for you. Souls is a great example. While I think you should take on the obtuseness yourself as much as possible, I kind of wonder how many people actually manage to stick those games out as newbies without some serious priming up on information. It can be sort of a project to become a souls player/enjoyer, just a lot of stuff to snub and confuse newcomers. It's not what most are used to in a game. Really, I think that never changes. There are always times when it's worth looking something up with them, regardless of experience level. Humans can do extra-dumb stuff when we put our heads together, but at the end of the day we are still smartest together. You can benefit from the knowledge of thousands of other people's experiences, solve problems that one mind alone can't very quickly.

It's just that it is a double edged sword and when the communities for that are in poor health, it can really poison the experiences, tear things down for everyone involved and cheapen the whole exchange. I don't nessesarily want to cordon off. I think the general toxicity and groupthink has just gotten out of hand.

Geez man... Elden Ring does have one issue that bugs me like crazy. The crouch button apparently just makes you instantly drop off of your horse. Seems alright, I guess it's nice to have a one-button way to dismount. But crouch being L3 by default is a problem. Maybe this controller is getting worn, but over the course of making fast movements it will trigger and pop me off my horse, leaving me standing square on the ground, usually when in the middle of dodging or escaping a boss. I have died quite a few times to that, just wondering what the hell that's about, if there's a timeout, or Torrent has some kind of stamina based limit before running out and needing to be respawned.... maybe something improved by some special item or permabuff. I thought maybe I DID take a hit and it just killed Torrent without touching me somehow.

But no, it's the control scheme! I feel like you should never put something so 'decisive' and drastic on stick buttons. Usually, I'd map-out, but I can't think of a better place to actually put crouch. I'd love to swap it for B and use the left stick button to sprint - that's familiar to me with a lot of games. To me, holding a letter button for sprint makes little sense, it limits what you can do while sprinting. Problem is, the B button is also your dodge... fast tapping is not what you want on L3, your movement stick. I don't know of a single controller I would trust enough that I will hit that with enough precision to roll properly and not go all over the place. Mechanically speaking, I can deal with the sprint being on a letter button and just appreciate that it adds more combat tension - to execute sprint attacks or use it for avoidance comes with its own challenges and compromises. Any other game, I'd happily just call it a bad mapping choice, because it pretty much always just makes traversal a little more clunky and stressful.

To me, the real problem is that you can so easily crouch off of your horse. I have a feeling just adding a split-second of hold before it actually dismounts would prevent accidental dismounts. It's just little presses, whacking the stick. It sucks so much when you know you're gonna be clear of a swing when your horse just vanishes unexpectedly in the middle of a turn just because while holding the stick at a steep angle, the button underneath triggered. And now your fight is over. There were times where my horse vanished and I died so fast that what happened didn't register for me. That's less "Ooooo I'll get you back!" and more "What? Tch... ahhhhhhh! Why?" I felt cheated every time I would just plop off of that horse. Be a second away from winning and lose it all to a bad button scheme.

I swear, that's the real reason the Tree Soldier gave me so much trouble at level 14. I fought him over a dozen times before I started wondering what was happening with Torrent. And then as soon as I swapped out that L3, I beat him with ease on the first try. Probably ~12 hits with a smithed-up twinblade, running in and out for quick hits between attacks, staying out of range of that downswing attack that grabs you into it. Didn't hit me once. I gotta admit, I was not gratified by the fact that the whole challenge in that fight for me was down to that one button. Though I was getting really good at calling Torrent back and dipping out of death-swings at the last second :laugh: It always happens at the worst time though! It's like using Torrent in battle is a big prank on me, like I'm not actually supposed to use the horse in battle because it just trolls me every time.

The only fix I've found is to swap L3 out of crouch for horse fighting. Really annoying though. I think with a different controller it might be okay. I've beaten the crap out of that button hold-sprinting with it in countless other games... which is still fine when all it's used for is sprinting - that already has a lead-in to begin that keeps it from going into sprint when you don't actually want to - and holding still works fine. It's just terrible for anything else because it's getting loosey goosey.

I'm sure this is something you can just learn to deal with, like you can just be quick with the calls I guess. We'll see how much I really use the horse for boss fights. But not even regular Dark Souls had THAT problem. I make no excuses for that mapping choice, or how quickly the dismount triggers. It's like the slightest push on this controller and my horse is just gone. Pretty flow breaking in combat, when there's bound to be stick-knocking for me. Way worse than accidentally crouching. A dodge quickly gets you out of that. The movement drop from horse to foot is far steeper.

See... here's where I think reading about a game comes in handy. Would've saved me a lot of pointless trouble just knowing that about Torrent and the horse controls. Maybe I can swap left and right stick buttons? Actually... yeah. Then I can actually target while sprinting. But I might lose targeting in mid combat.

EDIT: Yeah... swapping the stick buttons actually makes so much more sense to me. Never is your thumb off of the 'look/target' button when it's on the left stick. I do drop out of targeting occasionally, but being able to toggle real slick like makes it worth it. It's nice when in combat if you accidentally tap the left stick, you just lose target for a split second. That can be enough to throw you onto the wrong target but usually it seems to favor the one you were on, if you're already engaging them. Crouch also just makes more sense to me on the right stick. The way it's used in this game, that works fine. You will generally already be on the right stick when you need to crouch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

Mary Helen Young​

Tommy Macpherson the "Kilted Killer"​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Macpherson

There could be more

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC

Mary Helen Young​

Tommy Macpherson the "Kilted Killer"​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Macpherson

There could be more
But they aren't black?

That's just it, this weird mix of historical accuracy and trying to rewrite it with whatever is the current hype. Its an immersion killer. To me at least. It just feels 'out of place', and it oozes commercial points before developer vision or talent. It doesn't add to the 'art' or the 'product' in any way shape or form, it wants to be a popular statement first and foremost, even if the narrative of the game or product has no relation to that statement whatsoever. You can almost hear the sales manager barge into the dev creative meeting saying 'Please, put this in, fuck whatever you think about it, you're not hired to have input, the board says it needs to happen'.

System Name 1.FortySe7en VR rig 2. intel teliscope rig 3.MSI GP72MVR Leopard Pro .E-52699, Xeon play thing
Processor 1.3900x @stock 2. i7 7700k @5. 3. i7 7700hq
Motherboard 1.aorus x570 ultra 2. z270 Maximus IX Hero,4 MR9A PRO ATX X99
Cooling 1.Hard tube loop, cpu and gpu 2. Hard loop cpu and gpu 4 360 AIO
Memory 1.Gskill neo @3600 32gb 2.hyperxfury 32gb @3000 3. 16gb hyperx @2400 4 64GB 2133 in quad channel
Video Card(s) 1.GIGABYTE RTX 3080 WaterForce WB 2. Aorus RTX2080 3. 1060 3gb. 4 Arc 770LE 16 gb
Storage 1 M.2 500gb , 2 3tb HDs 2. 256gb ssd, 3tbHD 3. 256 m.2. 1tb ssd 4. 2gb ssd
Display(s) 1.LG 50" UHD , 2 MSI Optix MAG342C UWHD. 3.17" 120 hz display 4. Acer Preditor 144hz 32inch.z
Case 1. Thermaltake P5 2. Thermaltake P3 4. some cheapo case that should not be named.
Audio Device(s) 1 Onboard 2 Onboard 3 Onboard 4. onboard.
Power Supply 1.seasonic gx 850w 2. seasonic gx 750w. 4 RM850w
Mouse 1 ROG Gladius 2 Corsair m65 pro
Keyboard 1. ROG Strix Flare 2. Corsair F75 RBG 3. steelseries RBG
VR HMD rift and rift S and Quest 2.
Software 1. win11 pro 2. win11 pro 3, win11 home 4 win11 pro
Benchmark Scores 1.7821 cb20 ,cb15 3442 1c 204 cpu-z 1c 539 12c 8847 2. 1106 cb 3.cb 970
the bioshocks was free on Epic so i allready have them on steam but got them all the same for a excuse :) to play again and the Epic ones dont crash like the steam ones and i didnt have to fiddle with the ini to get ultra wide.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
But they aren't black?

That's just it, this weird mix of historical accuracy and trying to rewrite it with whatever is the current hype. Its an immersion killer. To me at least. It just feels 'out of place', and it oozes commercial points before developer vision or talent. It doesn't add to the 'art' or the 'product' in any way shape or form, it wants to be a popular statement first and foremost, even if the narrative of the game or product has no relation to that statement whatsoever. You can almost hear the sales manager barge into the dev creative meeting saying 'Please, put this in, fuck whatever you think about it, you're not hired to have input, the board says it needs to happen'.
Well there's this:
But this guy claimed to be a resistance fighter in Poland during Warsaw Uprising.

There's also this guy:
1653912181287.png

Who served in Polish army during war with Russia in 1920.

They already have a Polish resistance fighter in SE5, why not make it a black guy instead?

But hey, it's only game and in no way it claims any historical accuracy.

System Name Main W10
Processor i7 2700K
Motherboard Gig Z77 HD4
Cooling Xigmatech Tower Cooler
Memory 16 GB G-Skill 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1080ti 11GB
Storage WD Gold 2 TB HD
Display(s) Acer 27" 1440P
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element DAC/AMP
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 650 watt
Mouse MX 518
Keyboard Cherry 3000 with Blues
currently playing Stalker (modded on W7), Halo (windows XP) & Crysis 2 on W10
and to make this thread more serious...

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is probably my favourite racing game because there's no mucking about, no silly characters with cheesy dialogue and the racing is just mental.
I didn't even know there was a film with Aaron Paul and I watched it last night. It was non-stop action and the racing scenes were top notch with cop takedowns and everything in between. Don't read the reviews because they don't reflect the film at all.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Blew a 3 day weekend on Elden Ring. Having a blast. Dex is pretty friggin solid right away. I mean, right near the starting area I got a twinblade out of the dragon-scorched ruins. I didn't even realize, but you can skip the enemies to get it, it's a walled-off area you can only get into by horse-jumping on an outer corner without nearby enemies who can really pose a threat. You already have exactly the strength to use it as a Warrior right away, just need a little more dex. And then it scales with both. Still probably want more str later for weapon/shield variety but I almost can't believe they basically *give* you this thing right in the beginning part of the starting region. Nothing else is needed for a while, I'm betting. I dumped those scimitars so fast.

The horse in general is OP. So much of the world with all of its dangers is truly open to you, but for the most part the horse keeps you moving past them and avoiding lethal strikes. You can ride right through higher-level areas. I'm trying not to cheese that too much. But out past Stormhill cabin, I did find a rock with an item inside it on a little cliffside clearing... surrounded by 4 giant trolls. So I aggro'd one to smash it open, grabbed the item(s - there were several) and got out of dodge, back over a little cliff and around a taller one to a cabin with a merchant selling ashes of war. Luckily for me, there was a site of grace there, too. I barely managed to rest at the site as a bunch of debris from a shockingly quick and aggressive troll shot across the screen. I horse-sprinted the whole way and he must've just lurched right up on me. I didn't really take the time to look and see how they chase :laugh: He was maybe a half-second away when the resting animation at the grace site started. Right there, that was the cabin setdressing I passed a few milliseconds before, flying by me in chunks.

Before that was a graveyard full of golden runes. Enough to level a couple times at ~lvl20. My philosophy with them is to treat them like my actual 'gold' since both money and xp are essentially the same thing in this game, but rune items persist after death, unlike bare runes. So I keep them, turn them in for items or pull them out to smith. Or, if I say.... have a few thousand bare runes on hand and I'm close to leveling up or buying something important, I open the golden runes I need to have enough, so that when I level, I'm no longer carrying but the odd 100 runes and can go take the bigger risks I've been putting off.

They were smithing stones, btw... enough to max my twinblade and more. The attacks are much better with it upgraded, slightly different, meaner patterns - with 2 hands, it is fast and aggressive with damage and stun. Once you get between an enemy's attack for that slower first blow in the standard sequence, you're just stacking a lot of damage with much faster, harder hits. I was block-countering with the starting shield for the warrior class for a while but more often I am now two-handing the twinblade instead. Often I dispatch shield enemies quicker just breaking through with successive light attacks. They basically become normal enemies after two rapid, overpowering knocks. Block-countering is still on the table, too. It's just not often needed.

Could use a short bow or something for range/chip. Some fire elemental would be super-nice from time to time. I've been just tossing bone-darts for aggro, and killing the obnoxious dragonflies. There have been a small handful of times where hanging back chipping/aggroing would've served me a lot better than what I got stuck doing instead.

So much to see and do in this game. I still haven't gone to the castle. Though to be fair, I have been going very slow, just collecting and building-up my character.

It would be easy to cheese it - go stief some mid or even endgame stuff by horseback to carry me along while I'm still exploring, but I feel like my skill benefits immensely more by playing a melee class without nerfing the spirit of the game. I can learn the foes, get lots of practice beating them with skill. Better to have the gear and not need it, than need it and not have it. I have one good thing going for me... a solid, effective weapon. No mashing or flailing - in and out of pockets with carefully placed flurries of damage. With the right moves this class is like, foundationally effective as hell. Dexterity and the associated weapons are serious business in both speed and damage. All that's left is to add a good chunk of HP and lil bit of spare stamina.

One other thing I'm really liking is the map journaling/logging. Those markers are super handy, and you can drop more than you ever use - mark places to clear (and what kind), merchants, various points of interest you may encounter and want to come back to. The beacons are nice for breadcrumbing. You do have to figure out paths yourself though, infer using map clues - but when you get there you may have to re-jig completely. I like this so much more than traditional waypoints because of how nothing is really 'set' or confined. It's more like you pick what you log and track organically. They're tools you use to explore and discover, rather than the main hub for everything. It's just enough to keep you from losing track of things. There's no quest log or anything like that. NPCs tell you about locations and then you have to figure out where they're talking about and remember it. Again, nice to be able to just earmark a spot for yourself. It's funny how just letting *you* plot the markers and giving you basically nothing else showing you much makes it so much more immersive than having a map with a bunch of obvious places where you just click and a path shows up, after somebody puts it on your map, or you get a *little* close. To discover a location in this game, you basically gotta scout the map (menu and actual overworld) and go in. Little things like that take some adjusting to coming from a normal open-world game, but it makes actually taking on the world itself so much more immersive. Just more ownership. It's YOUR map. Otherwise, there's only ever just gonna be a few spots marked with icons and a bunch of grace sites.

System Name Main W10
Processor i7 2700K
Motherboard Gig Z77 HD4
Cooling Xigmatech Tower Cooler
Memory 16 GB G-Skill 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1080ti 11GB
Storage WD Gold 2 TB HD
Display(s) Acer 27" 1440P
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element DAC/AMP
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 650 watt
Mouse MX 518
Keyboard Cherry 3000 with Blues
I'm getting nostalgic for my GTA4 play...

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
i hope I captured this right, but...just listen to THIS
got a thing for electric cars: the real ones that don't apologize.

They already have a Polish resistance fighter in SE5, why not make it a black guy instead?
First of all i don't give a f**k what your skin color is.
But there is no reason to, except to please the woke mob and to tick the corporate diversity quota. Imagine a black person trying to infiltrate behind German lines in WW2, yeah that's a good one.

My favorite thing to do when debating this stuff with people from my country. Is to ask them, what % of population do you think that black people make for in USA. Most of the answers i got were around 40-50% of the population :) And that is how distorted the reality is.

@Vayra86
As a rule of thumb, if you want games without politics look for games made before 2010. After that, and especially in the last 5-7 years politics are woven from the start in games. And by politics i mean the modern Western left leaning one.
If not, you have two choices 1. deal with it or 2. don't buy/play that game, vote with your wallet.
/rant

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
This Sniper Elite 5 conversation has led to some fascinating education on my part. I mean, Tommy Macpherson the 'Kilted Killer' - what a man! And to have the Nazis put a price on his head for ' being a bandit masquerading as a Scottish officer', his riding around in a black Citroen with a union flag and being mistaken for a woman (kilted) when parachuting into France. What a character!
The only Scottish game character who comes close to that is the Scot in Wolfenstein.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
System Name Merc v8| Project DRS
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D|5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX|B550 AORUS ELITE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15|Arctic LFII-360
Memory 2x 16GB-6000|2x16GB-3600
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070 Ti SUPER|RTX 3070 Ventus
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB & 2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB|2x1TB SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU|LG 34GP950G
Case Caselabs Mercury S8|Phanteks G500A
Audio Device(s) Schiit Magni & Modi, Edifier S351DB|DT 770 PRO headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex PX-850|Prime TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker F75|Logitech K400
Software W11Pro
A bit of VR; H3, half-life Alyx (mods), and VSTOL VR.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
Old school SMT: Nocturne.

Still extremely awesome even in 480p.
Its one of those games where the farm is fun, the story is superb, the combat has depth, and the environments are all kinds of strange and wondrous, doing a whole lot with very little (in resources).
Play this, if you haven't.

1654106098122.png

System Name Merc v8| Project DRS
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D|5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX|B550 AORUS ELITE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15|Arctic LFII-360
Memory 2x 16GB-6000|2x16GB-3600
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070 Ti SUPER|RTX 3070 Ventus
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB & 2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB|2x1TB SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU|LG 34GP950G
Case Caselabs Mercury S8|Phanteks G500A
Audio Device(s) Schiit Magni & Modi, Edifier S351DB|DT 770 PRO headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex PX-850|Prime TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker F75|Logitech K400
Software W11Pro
After a bit more 'adventuring' I finally could afford a bigger crib

adventuring

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
In Need For Speed: The Run, which is great fun for the most part, they inserted at least one abominable QTE, the very scourge of any game, into part of a race.
Since it's a console port, there's no equivalent for the enter key, which on the screen hint looked like a backspace. Drove me nuts and this short clip which I've just put together out of frustration explains it all.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I'm playing Doom 3. It's a hell lot of fun.

Play it in the night with all of the lights turned off in your gaming room.