• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What do you do for a living?

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
I started working at 17, did some recycling work and got a job in IT at 18. Been doing that for a decade. Do PC repair on the side, and also have dabbled in warehouse, HVAC, and low voltage electrical work on overtime.

The important thing I have learned is that work is work. Having a job you like is nice, but dont fall into the trap of defining your life via work. I once wanted to be an overachiever, get into higher paying jobs and be a boss, now I'm just happy to have a job that has meh pay but great benefits. I still work OT for the extra cash, but if its nice out? Nope, see you monday. Bought a house at 23 (at under market value, that needed repairs) and it's going to be paid off very soon. Once that's done, I might do some traveling, or play with investments, the last 2 years I've focused on just hanging out with friends and doing things like group trips to museums. I leave the high pay high stress jobs to others. I've thought about changing my profession a few times, if anything happens to this job I may go into trucking, or into HVAC. Both would be fun.
I feel this hard. One side of my family is stacked top to bottom with overachievers, spouses included.

As for me, I work in product design. Any more specific than that and a body could check my profile and figure out where I work without even needing to think very hard.

Got to my current position just climbing the ladder starting from the production floor. Manufacturing's not a bad gig IME, as long as you've got a decent boss (absolutely not guaranteed) and coworkers (decent odds). Shops like to hire for non-management openings from within, so if the production floor ain't for you, odds are good you can find your way into a support position in a few years, possibly sooner.
My father suffers from this, his wife's family is FULL of people who work their tails off and are millionaires by 40. But my GOD is that lifestyle exhausting.

so long as I have enough money to cover my house and food costs, and internet, I'm pretty happy. I dont need luxury goods or the latest fashion. Dont let your life get derailed by the Joneses. So long as you are happy with your life, be it through a personal achievement, or hobby, or passion, who cares if you could have more money? You cant take it with you in the end.

I tried coding at around age 17 or 18, visual basic. net just one class I took on it, and I hated my life. I don't know how anyone can stare at lines of code for 8 hours day and keep their sanity. Not only that it just hurt my head and my eyes.
Same, tried basic coding in high school and short circuited something. Couldnt imagine doing it full time.

A PC? Oh yeah. You can bring me any PC made in the last 30 years and I can fix whatever is wrong with it in about 5 minutes. Diagnosing hardware problems? I can do that without even thinking. Mechanical item? I can rebuild it while eating a sandwich and having a conversation on international finance at the same time.

Ask me to write Hello World? You could time me in years and I couldnt get it to work, assuming I didnt run out of the room screaming about "The Numbers Mason!".

Last edited:

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop, Corsair ML/LL fans
Memory 48GB Kingston Fury DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF 10GB @ +150/700
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K 4K120 + Lenovo L32p-30 4K60
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Can you not sign up and make some money to serve extended time? If you enjoy it you should do so. See what they will pay you for a 1 year contract or something. I don't know how it works there.
I would first need to go for NCO training, I'm only a private. Not even a lance corporal, at least not yet.

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Been in building construction for about 35 years. Finally semi-retired.
Still have an active computer repair business and been doing that for about 15 years. Most of the locals around this area have systems that are 10 to 15 years old and wonder why things to run properly anymore. :eek: :roll: Hell, I still have people that have old Socket A computers as daily drivers. :laugh: However, I'm "downsizing" and getting rid of a lot of the used parts locally and going to close the doors on the shop the end of September.
The wife and I are going to do the "snowbird" thing. We are going south for the winter and coming back up in the late spring to the north.

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
31 years old, I'm a contract killer...

For real I do kill, but it's pest control ;) I'm VP of a company, have been doing pest control since high school and hope to stay in it till the day I retire. I've worked construction on the side to make more money during the winter months. I always have enjoyed tech, but I can't stay in one place for long. Everyday is different and you're constantly problem solving how and where are the pests getting in etc. The hours constantly change as your schedule revolves around the customers, some days might be 4hrs or 14hrs long... It's important to stay fit so you can climb around attic's or crawl underneath homes etc. I've seen some spectacular homes and some absolute messes, I've meet amazingly kind and scummy people. It's definitely not for everyone, but it's got job security covid was a boost as people where home more and noticed pest problems. AI and robots can't do this job, most chemicals we use are much stronger and longer lasting than you can pick up at any store. We try to create a connection with each customer so they know we truly care and are there to help solve any problems.

I always thought I might get into tech, but I decided I like it as a hobby and not a carrier. I'm able to buy the things I want and play the games I want whenever I have free time.
I've learned everything I know on the job never went to college, I've thought about going and taking night courses to learn a few skills for business, but seems you can learn most of it online or just on the job from keeping good people around.

System Name Asus G16
Processor i9 13980HX
Motherboard Asus motherboard
Cooling 2 fans
Memory 32gb 4800mhz cl40
Video Card(s) 4080 laptop
Storage 16tb, x2 8tb SSD
Display(s) QHD+ 16:10 (2560x1600, WQXGA) 240hz
Power Supply 330w psu
I'm 43yrs old.
I started as a massage therapist when I was 18, the school was only 6 months. I enjoyed that for 3yrs until a doctor told me that I had early stage carpel tunnel syndrome in my hands.
I didnt work very hard and I had no life expenses, I mostly dated women much older than I was, 20-30yrs+ and with money so I lived expense free. The last few months I started getting pain in my right hand, I told my then female friend/girlfriend about it. She sent me to a doctor that she knew, I was told the bad news of carpel tunnel syndrome. The doc told me to stop doing massages if I wanted to life a pain free life. So I stopped and took a break for a few years while still taking some online classes in general education.
By the time I turned 30 I knew that I wanted to work in aviation but I didn't know what, so I took a flight dispatch course, worked as a flight dispatcher for a small airlines out of Denver, CO. I only lasted 1 year there, it was fun but I didn't like sitting all the time. So one day I asked one of the airline mechanics if he can give me a tour of the maintenance facilities. At the moment was when I knew what I wanted to do, A&P mechanic (air-frame and power-plant).

Today I've been a A&P mechanic for 10yrs at a major US airlines. I really enjoy it and it pays really good, and union. I can finally say that I work nights instead of overnight (graveyard), I work 4on-3off, 40hrs. I hated working graveyard but since getting your work schedule goes by seniority, I finally got enough seniority to bid for nights.
The department manager wants me to train in troubleshooting and/or installing avionics but I keep turning it down. It does come with a small 10% pay increase but I'm already maxed out on the pay-rate according to the union contract. My work today is 80% paperwork and some quality control inspections, if I train in another field, I would most likely lose my department seniority and/or become a ground grunt again.

Today, I enjoy flying, I got my private pilots (PPL) license and the instrument add-on last year, I am planning on building my own experimental home-built airplane next year that will take a few years. I'm not planning on furthering the flight training, its mostly a hobby instead of a new career Once I get enough flight hours, I do want to get the commercial pilots license (CPL).

Last edited:
System Name 1. Glasshouse 2. Odin OneEye
Processor 1. Ryzen 9 5900X (manual PBO) 2. Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard 1. MSI x570 Tomahawk wifi 2. Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 670E
Cooling 1. Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black 2. Custom Loop 3x360mm (60mm) rads & T30 fans/Aquacomputer NEXT w/b
Memory 1. G Skill Neo 16GBx4 (3600MHz 16/16/16/36) 2. Kingston Fury 16GBx2 DDR5 CL36
Video Card(s) 1. Asus Strix Vega 64 2. Powercolor Liquid Devil 7900XTX
Storage 1. Corsair Force MP600 (1TB) & Sabrent Rocket 4 (2TB) 2. Kingston 3000 (1TB) and Hynix p41 (2TB)
Display(s) 1. Samsung U28E590 10bit 4K@60Hz 2. LG C2 42 inch 10bit 4K@120Hz
Case 1. Corsair Crystal 570X White 2. Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO
Audio Device(s) 1. Creative Speakers 2. Built in LG monitor speakers
Power Supply 1. Corsair RM850x 2. Superflower Titanium 1600W
Mouse 1. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (grey) 2. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (black)
Keyboard Leopold High End Mechanical
Software Windows 11
I've been a lawyer for 25 years and continue in that vocation. In the early years I was the IT guy of the firm as well as the commercial law litigator. Now I pay others to do the IT. I know Macs back to front as that is what the firm uses and am a relatively recent convert to PC building and Windows systems. Maybe one day I'll dip my toe in Linux.

System Name Gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570 Unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A chromax.black w/ NT-H2
Memory 2x32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600 (CL 16, F4-3600C16D-64GTZN)
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Devil RX 6950 XT
Storage 2x2TB SK hynix Platinum P41
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 27", Razer Raptor 27" (165Hz, 2560x1440)
Case NZXT H5 Flow w/ 2x Silent Wings Pro 4 140mm, 4x NF-A12x25 chromax.black
Audio Device(s) Creative T100 2.0, Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X, Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2, Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W (HTI-1000M-GEN5)
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Ducky One 3 Full Size RGB w/ Cherry MX Blues, and Black PBT Pudding Keycaps
Software Windows 11 Pro
Facilities Maintenance. Highlights of the week: Leaking AC unit, installed a new door, replaced a broken coffee maker, and somebody shoved a mystery queen size mattress in the dumpster. The building isn't a housing unit. All dealt with, and right as rain.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-36
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
Facilities Maintenance. Highlights of the week: Leaking AC unit, installed a new door, replaced a broken coffee maker, and somebody shoved a mystery queen size mattress in the dumpster. The building isn't a housing unit. All dealt with, and right as rain.
I made an effing fortune with a business dealing with building maintenance/general cleaning/property management/income investment properties. Yup over the years I have a wide skill set that got me ahead. Working in maintenance can give you a great skill set to take care of your own properties.

Like I have done in the past.

There is nothing wrong working in Maintenance. I'm living proof that you can make real money on that career.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
Age 36, role title: ICT Customer Relationship Manager, in a state government agency.

Basically? someone who knows and understands ICT, quite specifically our work environment, SOE, relevant contracts, upcoming projects etc across all of ICT, but that actually has people skills to talk to and help our 'customers' about it. We have some very highly skilled techs in this office, all the way through to architects, but ones that are also excellent communicators and 'people persons' can be few and far between.

I always grew up thinking my people skills were average and everyone had them, which is actually really far from normal it seems. I'm a natural mediator, negotiator and listener and it's really helped me find my place in the workforce. IT is not only a hobby but I've been a tech before, and I much prefer helping people understand, procure etc rather than the actual nuts and bolts of it all - which I save for my hobby time because I frikken love hardware.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
41 here and I could brag about titles and achievements but if you have lost your focus with jobs and you don't know what to do or where to continue, get a family and kids and you will no longer have that problem because every decision or everything you do will be for your family. Also, it is a good motivation tool for you to keep going and strive for better. Willing to take the leap you know.
As one of the advises about jobs, oil industry is here to stay. Humans are to reliant on gas and oil to stop production. It is also interesting how things are being done so maybe that could be your direction?

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm 33 with a Bachelor's degree in English language and literature. I worked hard to get the top grades ever on my thesis and final exam (which I did) to make sure I'd never have to work at a warehouse or factory in my life. Then I didn't have money to start my Master's, so naturally, I ended up working at a warehouse. Then I switched to another warehouse that treats people a tiny bit better. Now I'm a trainer at the same warehouse. It's a job that comes with a little bit of responsibility (not too much), and a little bit of money thanks to me doing night shifts. Unless there's gonna be an opening in some admin areas, or the place closes down (doubtful), this will probably be my last job. When cliché no.1 comes up "where do you see yourself 5 years from now", my answer is "on the beach with a beer in my hand".

Seriously though, I have no intention to pursue a career. All it gets you is way more responsibility, less free time, and a chance to die of a heart attack. Thanks, but no, thanks. As long as I don't die of hunger, and can support my hobbies, what would be the point? I don't want to be the next Steve Jobs anyway. Steve Freetime, more like.

As for cliché no.2, "you should do something you truly enjoy", erm, no. Work is work, whether you enjoy it or not. If your hobby is your work, it's still just work, it's still mandatory, and it kills all enjoyment after a while anyway. I love cooking and building PCs, but if I had to do either of these as a profession, I'd probably cut my own veins after cutting the one millionth onion. As for cliché no.3, "you need to be self-employed to be your own boss", again, no. When you're self-employed, the market is your boss. I'd rather have stability in my life with low-to-no risk, and not worry about paying back the loans I took out to start my business.

My goal right now is cutting my budget a bit to put money into my pension pot so I can retire 5-10 years early. Nothing else interests me job-wise in the slightest.

Have I mentioned that I'm not sour? Once you accept the fact that the job market is a hostile place, and all you need to do is survive, you'll do exactly that, and you'll be happy. :)

41 here and I could brag about titles and achievements but if you have lost your focus with jobs and you don't know what to do or where to continue, get a family and kids and you will no longer have that problem because every decision or everything you do will be for your family.
How I wish this were a universal truth. It's is lovely sentiment, and one I share. Too many selfish pieces of crap out there with their kids paying the penalties for it.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Seems nowadays instead of hard work being honourable and smiled upon, it's like you're a peasant scrub.............poor view in my oppinion.............probably why so much uncertainty and bouncing around these days............if there was lifetime jobs with good wages right out of high school I'm sure there would be a lot less bouncing around job to job.

I have a similar experience, since I've been mostly working labor type of works ever since I've graduated. 'its what I can mainly do around here and what I'm used to anyway'
Like a few years ago when I was working at that historical dig site we had an elementary school class reunion and ofc everyone was curious what everyone is doing/up to.

I was asked too and I told them that I'm between jobs now cause we just finished a dig site work and an old friend gave me a meh look and said: But, thats physical work.. I would never do that.
Then he tells me that hes programming cnc machines and whatnot, yeah well figures he wouldn't do what I do.
Later that day a girl at the same reunion made fun of me telling me oh what a great success/pick you would be.:rolleyes:

Bus driver , love it. wage is awesome and no boss to look over your shoulder at all times. But alot of responsibility on you

Not so much in my country I guess, its not uncommon here that when you buy your ticket the bus driver asks you if you want the ticket or not.
Cause if not then he will take less money from you and just simply pocket it for himself to add some extra money to his wage. 'I was traveling a few days ago and I was asked again but since it was a 1+ hour long bus drive I didn't want to risk it so I asked for my ticked and paid full and he even made a comment about it like aigh if thats what you want'

System Name Asus G16
Processor i9 13980HX
Motherboard Asus motherboard
Cooling 2 fans
Memory 32gb 4800mhz cl40
Video Card(s) 4080 laptop
Storage 16tb, x2 8tb SSD
Display(s) QHD+ 16:10 (2560x1600, WQXGA) 240hz
Power Supply 330w psu
I made an effing fortune with a business dealing with building maintenance/general cleaning/property management/income investment properties. Yup over the years I have a wide skill set that got me ahead. Working in maintenance can give you a great skill set to take care of your own properties.

Like I have done in the past.

There is nothing wrong working in Maintenance. I'm living proof that you can make real money on that career.
Maintance is where the money is that but you have to do it correctly. I should have become a aircraft mechanic right after highschool.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
How I wish this were a universal truth. It's is lovely sentiment, and one I share. Too many selfish pieces of crap out there with their kids paying the penalties for it.
It still is a universal truth. The problem is, if you pursuit money, you will never have them or have enough. Pursuit something that has a meaning and a value beyond material and you wont have to worry about money.

I love cooking and building PCs, but if I had to do either of these as a profession, I'd probably cut my own veins after cutting the one millionth onion.
I cooked professionally in my biz back in the last millennium. If you have a busy place and a good crew cooking is a fantastic way to earn a living. You work hard sure. But times FLIES. You don't have much stress in your life either. I come home tired and satisfied at night. I slept like the dead. Life was simple and wonderful.

It still is a universal truth. The problem is, if you pursuit money, you will never have them or have enough. Pursuit something that has a meaning and a value beyond material and you wont have to worry about money.
You are missing the point. Which is - Selfish losers are not motivated to do things for their families. In fact they often resent them, abuse them, etc.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
I cooked professionally in my biz back in the last millennium. If you have a busy place and a good crew cooking is a fantastic way to earn a living. You work hard sure. But times FLIES. You don't have much stress in your life either. I come home tired and satisfied at night. I slept like the dead. Life was simple and wonderful.
For me, cooking is a hobby and a way of relaxation. Also helps me think :) Feels creative too, making something out of variety of things.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
That sounds cool. :)

My other problem that I didn't mention in my post is the working hours. The missus works a regular Mon-Fri job, so I'd rather do the same (I've got Sun-Thu on nights now). Because, as a wise man once said:
My meaning is the time with my girlfriend, family and friends, the time with my PCs, and the time in the kitchen at home. Work has no meaning for me other than making sure I have the means for the above.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
I have spoken to a few of my friends about work, some of them work a lot and have money but no life. I kinda prefer having no money now, but lots of free time and no stress. Working can really take your life away.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim

You are missing the point. Which is - Selfish losers are not motivated to do things for their families. In fact they often resent them, abuse them, etc.
I dont think I am missing the point and that is why they are considered losers due to their selfishness aren't they?

That sounds cool. :)

My other problem that I didn't mention in my post is the working hours. The missus works a regular Mon-Fri job, so I'd rather do the same (I've got Sun-Thu on nights now). Because, as a wise man once said:

My meaning is the time with my girlfriend, family and friends, the time with my PCs, and the time in the kitchen at home. Work has no meaning for me other than making sure I have the means for the above.
You ain't kidding about the hours. I worked 14.5 hrs 6 days a week back then. Didn't take a holiday for over 8 years. Loved every minute of it. My girl, later wife, was working the 40hr week, but also going to college at night. Her company reimbursed her for the classes. We both grew up lower middle class so we rode the struggle bus to get where we wanted to be.

Software Windows 10 Pro
You ain't kidding about the hours. I worked 14.5 hrs 6 days a week back then. Didn't take a holiday for over 8 years. Loved every minute of it. My girl, later wife, was working the 40hr week, but also going to college at night. Her company reimbursed her for the classes. We both grew up lower middle class so we rode the struggle bus to get where we wanted to be.
As long as you both got where you wanted, it was worth it, I guess. :)

My goal is being somewhere, not going somewhere. I want to be happy, not become happy. Generally speaking, focusing on the future makes one lose grip of the present, which to me, is infinitely more valuable.

System Name nitro 5
Processor 12500h
Motherboard acer?
Cooling dual fan
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) rtx3060
Storage nvme, finally..
Display(s) fhd ips
Case clamshell
Audio Device(s) realtek?
Power Supply 230w brick
Mouse a touchpad, wireless mouse
Keyboard the build in
Software w10 ltsc
Benchmark Scores what's the point?
Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting, 35 years old. Hope to never work until retirement..