• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which new games will you be buying?

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'll definitely be getting Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3 remastered next February 14th 2024.
I'm sure they could remaster just a bit more. :oops: It gets my nostalgia vibes going, nonetheless.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I'm sure they could remaster just a bit more. :oops: It gets my nostalgia vibes going, nonetheless.
Yeah. I'm sure it's another cash grab, but I'm fine with that because I can never get enough of Lara. Roll on the new game though in Unreal Engine 5 - that should be a stunner, whenever it materialises.

System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
Yeah. I'm sure it's another cash grab, but I'm fine with that because I can never get enough of Lara. Roll on the new game though in Unreal Engine 5 - that should be a stunner, whenever it materialises.
I feel like it could look a lot like the tech demo video Epic released.

Processor Threadripper 3955WX
Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 4U SP3
Memory G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3733 (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) 5700XT + 3x RX 590
Storage A lot
Display(s) ViewSonic G225fB
Case Corsair 760T
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply be quiet! DPP12 1500W
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
Not sure if I commented on this particular topic before but I've reached a point where I'm just tired of games being released, studios, fake leaks and made up controversies, it's all repetitive and tiresome, western game studios have become hollywood, releasing games for a political agenda instead of putting some effort into an actual storyline, lore and gameplay, it feels like walking through a 120 GB interactive lecture on weird shit they think it's bad or whatever.

It's all boring, they keep beating the shit out of dead horse sagas like CoD and re-re-re-releasing the same games over and over again but with RTX and new graphics. Everything has to be multiplayer nowadays too, what if I just want to relax after a long day at work instead of dealing with gachapon mechanics and rancid communities? just my luck I assume.

Starfield was just.... ugh. Really, that's my review, not even a word. That was the last nail in the coffin for Bethesda when it comes to me, the Scrolls and Fallout games were fine-ish not counting the infamous 76 but that's it for me.

Just like I watch old movies and shows I'll keep playing old games, up until 2015 I suppose. So there's no need to upgrade my computer anymore so that's some more money saved.
There are some exceptions, Japanese soulslike stuff, VNs even though I'm not very fond of them, I mean, I'd rather read a book... or manga, manga is literature too you know.
1649952115000.jpg

Anyway, my two cents. The curse of knowledge.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Not sure if I commented on this particular topic before but I've reached a point where I'm just tired of games being released, studios, fake leaks and made up controversies, it's all repetitive and tiresome, western game studios have become hollywood, releasing games for a political agenda instead of putting some effort into an actual storyline, lore and gameplay, it feels like walking through a 120 GB interactive lecture on weird shit they think it's bad or whatever.

It's all boring, they keep beating the shit out of dead horse sagas like CoD and re-re-re-releasing the same games over and over again but with RTX and new graphics. Everything has to be multiplayer nowadays too, what if I just want to relax after a long day at work instead of dealing with gachapon mechanics and rancid communities? just my luck I assume.

Starfield was just.... ugh. Really, that's my review, not even a word. That was the last nail in the coffin for Bethesda when it comes to me, the Scrolls and Fallout games were fine-ish not counting the infamous 76 but that's it for me.

Just like I watch old movies and shows I'll keep playing old games, up until 2015 I suppose. So there's no need to upgrade my computer anymore so that's some more money saved.
There are some exceptions, Japanese soulslike stuff, VNs even though I'm not very fond of them, I mean, I'd rather read a book... or manga, manga is literature too you know.
View attachment 314013

Seems to me you need to walk away from gaming maybe. Stick to reading manga

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro

View attachment 314013

It looks like you've been trying the wrong games. There are a few hidden gems, you just need to find them. ;)

Deliver Us The Moon, or Stray are fine examples. Indie is the future, in my opinion.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
We'll see.

So far, my most memorable year was 2004 with Half-Life 2, Doom 3 and Need for Speed: Underground 2. Alan Wake 2, Space Marine 2 and Homeworld 3 have the potential to put 2023/2024 right next to it.

Edit: Funny thing that I was running an all-AMD (ATi) system back then (Athlon 64 3000+, 1 GB RAM, Radeon 9600 XT), and then I swapped to Intel+Nvidia. My Witcher 3 upgrade was another AMD system (FX-8150, 8 GB RAM, HD 7970), then Intel+Nvidia again, and now I'm back on AMD (in my profile). It looks like good things happen in the gaming world when I'm on AMD. Or is it the other way around? :D
Fact: AMD is in the PS5, Xbox 1 and any Microsoft Gaming based Software. Fact: The consoles (just read the woe of PC users) are the driving factor in Gaming. Fact: This is 2023 and not 2012-2019 so any of the usual negatives about AMD no longer apply. Fact: Lisa Su has made AMD a much more respectable Company in the space. Fact: AMD AM5 CPUs are that fast. People can laud on me all they want but watch the Level 1 review of the 7900X3D and understand why I am enjoying Gamng so much. Fact: You won't notice the difference between most setups but AMD software makes me appreciate that I don't have to use MSI Afterburner to see my Performance numbers. Fact: Even if we complain about them the Games that have been released lately have been new experiences. Fact: Nvidia are just as good but don't have the same relationships as AMD.

I enjoy HZD but I finished Outriders in like 3 weeks. Division 2 is older but still stellar when you get a meaty session going. BG3 is the best by some measure of that type of RPG in that it is a Fantasy series in books turned to video in terms of the amount of content in the Game. Let's not forget about Grim Dawn in terms of ARPG quality at the root and there are some Games that are obscure but so good you will be blown away. For example do you want the F zero experience? Play Redout 2 and be right back in the Arcade with hip music and kinetic Gameplay. Then when you want to take in some other media load up the Game that I used to upgrade my PC based on Total War. I have a special place for Total War With the release of TWWH3 Immortal Empires the circle is now complete. Now you have a map that is similar to Empire in scale and set in a completely Fantasy setting. Yes they are not making as many sales as before but when they release new High Elf and Wood Elf Lords you will see the interest go back up. The mods for the Game are also necessary, to fully enjoy all aspects of the Game but, the developer is fully supportive of the Mod Community with the example of Brettonia. Even with that if you don't think that I am amped for Space Marine 2, Homeworld 3 and I will end with as much as I like the depth is RPG in Mechwarrior 5 Armored Core 6 is insane in terms of enjoyment of contorlling Super Huge Mech suits.

Yes I have consumed Gundam, Macross, Starblazers, Escaflowne, Altered Carbon plus Grandizer was the best kids show in my Generation until Exosquad. I am enjoying the hell out of Wheel of Time, Ashoka and all things Folini is doing but excited for some Tolkien that is new but Marvel are going crazy with the movies too so yes I will enjoy the hell out of the next Season of Loki. With that show the settings are crazy but the quality of the acting is superb.

View attachment 314013

Trust me if it's fun you are looking for Redout 2 and Everspace 3 are true arcade experiences without the quarters.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!

View attachment 314013

A lot of creative stuff today is samey, that's for sure. As for manga ... it's as much literature as X-men comics is literature, meaning it's absolutely not literature, and it's interesting how you feel like you need to make that point.

Honestly I can't imagine how you can think Fallout 4 is better than Starfield. Starfield hasn't angered me once, Fallout 4 was nothing but incoherent grunts coming from zombified tweens. I mean sure that was part of the "charm", but still.

I will say that there are more games I'm interested in now than it has been in a very long time. Starfield is a big pile of cool, entertaining MEH, Horizon Forbidden West is coming, and that too will be a big pile of lovely MEH that I'll want to play, Baldurs Gate 3 is out, and while I haven't played it properly yet it is something I'll get into (probably), and Cities Skylines 2 is coming too. Dwarf Fortress is out on Steam, Farthest Frontier is looking good, as is Timberborn. If one accepts that the cultural landscape at large is deterioating (as everything else) it's a good time to be a gamer.

Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Storage A lot
Case Corsair 760T
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
Honestly I can't imagine how you can think Fallout 4 is better than Starfield. Starfield hasn't angered me once, Fallout 4 was nothing but incoherent grunts coming from zombified tweens. I mean sure that was part of the "charm", but still.
Well it is and isn't better. It is better because I have a ton of difficulty, visuals and patch/fix mods installed that make it closer to STALKER than the pleasant walk in the park the retail version is. I've played the retail and it was far too easy to me, a seasoned pain enjoyer.

My experience of Starfield was Diabetes character picker and 6 crashes in 10 minutes. Into the bin it goes.

Baldur's Gate 3 I haven't played, I should try 1 and 2 before, see what they're like.

It looks like you've been trying the wrong games. There are a few hidden gems, you just need to find them. ;)

Deliver Us The Moon, or Stray are fine examples. Indie is the future, in my opinion.
Oh I've been told of Deliver Us The Moon like a hundred times already and still haven't checked on it lol it's one of those games I say I'll play later but for some reason never do. Stray was ok-ish, I mean it's a game about a cat, the story could've been a bit less confusing imo but overall it was fine as it had a new POV.

Seems to me you need to walk away from gaming maybe. Stick to reading manga
I like old games though.

A lot of creative stuff today is samey, that's for sure. As for manga ... it's as much literature as X-men comics is literature, meaning it's absolutely not literature, and it's interesting how you feel like you need to make that point.
1694905109266.png

Trust me if it's fun you are looking for Redout 2 and Everspace 3 are true arcade experiences without the quarters.
Noted.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7900X
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon WiFi
Cooling Custom Loop (Watercool/HWLabs)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 64GB (F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5K)
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom GS
Storage 7 x M.2, 4 x SSD, 2 x HDD.
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z207, Shanling UA1 Plus
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Logitech k360
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores None, but I think they'd be fairly decent.
Haven't really got any upcoming games on the radar, except for Phantom Liberty which I've pre-ordered. And with both Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield in the bag, that's the time-wasting potential maximised for months to come.

Baldur's Gate 3 is as perfect a game as I expect to ever see again. Starfield is not, but I've no boubt that a legion of dedicated modders will make it amazing and plenty worth pulling out to play again and again over the coming ten+ years. Cyberpunk 2077 is, in my opinion, a proper Magnum Opus of a game and I hope Phantom Liberty will make it even better.

Steam, Farthest Frontier is looking good

It is pretty good and very worth picking up if you enjoy that kind of builder.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)

View attachment 314013

I'm in a similar boat because I find myself returning to the same old favourites all the time. Some examples:
Tomb Raider II and all the subsequent games except Angel Of...
Half Life in all its forms
Quake II
NOLF
FEAR
NFS HP
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Deus X
Crysis
Remastered or not, you can choose.
It could be my age of course, being the wrong side of 60, but maybe I don't feel like immersing myself in a game that I may not finish before I bite the dust :)
At the moment, I just like to frag, or race like a demon. Hell, maybe I don't have the patience any more?
Who knows?

Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Storage A lot
Case Corsair 760T
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
Flashback to playing Tomb Raider 2 on the workshop computer and getting stuck at the Venice level, I got to a point where there's a pair of guys hidden in a dark area that just happen to have 100% accuracy EVERY TIME which is bad when I'm at 2% health. I refuse to cheat by looking at guides or using commands, I could restart but the fact that you have to grab like 10 different keys and stuff before getting to that point is mildly infuriating. The infamous water level of every 90s game.

FEAR that's a good one. Playing The Evil Within nowadays too. Couldn't play it with my old PC because it was trash so that was a pending one.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
I'm in a similar boat because I find myself returning to the same old favourites all the time. Some examples:
Tomb Raider II and all the subsequent games except Angel Of...
Half Life in all its forms
Quake II
NOLF
FEAR
NFS HP
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Deus X
Crysis
Remastered or not, you can choose.
It could be my age of course, being the wrong side of 60, but maybe I don't feel like immersing myself in a game that I may not finish before I bite the dust :)
At the moment, I just like to frag, or race like a demon. Hell, maybe I don't have the patience any more?
Who knows?

I have NOLF and NOLF2 they are pretty good old games. Imo one of the best old(ish) games is Oblivion
As for fear :)
fear.jpg

Software Windows 10 Pro
Fact: AMD is in the PS5, Xbox 1 and any Microsoft Gaming based Software. Fact: The consoles (just read the woe of PC users) are the driving factor in Gaming. Fact: This is 2023 and not 2012-2019 so any of the usual negatives about AMD no longer apply. Fact: Lisa Su has made AMD a much more respectable Company in the space. Fact: AMD AM5 CPUs are that fast. People can laud on me all they want but watch the Level 1 review of the 7900X3D and understand why I am enjoying Gamng so much. Fact: You won't notice the difference between most setups but AMD software makes me appreciate that I don't have to use MSI Afterburner to see my Performance numbers. Fact: Even if we complain about them the Games that have been released lately have been new experiences. Fact: Nvidia are just as good but don't have the same relationships as AMD.
Sure, but what I meant is that I tend to swap between Intel+Nvidia and AMD systems over time, but coincidentally, the best games seem to be coming out when I'm in my AMD phase. I don't know why. :ohwell:

Oh I've been told of Deliver Us The Moon like a hundred times already and still haven't checked on it lol it's one of those games I say I'll play later but for some reason never do. Stray was ok-ish, I mean it's a game about a cat, the story could've been a bit less confusing imo but overall it was fine as it had a new POV.
Then it's time to try it, right? ;) Especially if you found the story of Stray confusing. Personally, I think the best stories are the ones that aren't shoved in your face by the developer, and require some investment and discovery on your part to find out. This is what makes games interactive. Otherwise, you may as well just watch a film.

Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Storage A lot
Case Corsair 760T
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
Then it's time to try it, right? ;)
Yeah thing with indies is that it's not that easy to get them when you can't pay due to clown economics and a currency that's worth less than fortnite's v-bucks
Grin Reaction GIF by iQiyi

Now I remember why I haven't played it.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Gene
Cooling Full Custom Water
Memory 48GB DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen5 SSD
Display(s) Asus PG32UQX
Case Primochill Praxis WetBench
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Pro
Power Supply SeaSonic Prime TX-1600
Mouse G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Ducky MIYA Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/pcm10b/1944567
Cyberpunk 2077 update 2.0 is releasing on September 21 and is a free update, comes ahead of Phantom Liberty on the 26th.

I pre-ordered Phantom Liberty today. :)

System Name CyberPowerPC ET8070
Processor Intel Core i5-10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M DS3H AC-Y1
Memory 2 x Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
Storage 500GB SN550 WD Blue NVMe M.2
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply Apevia 600W Gold 80 Plus
Software Windows 11 Home
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Well it is and isn't better. It is better because I have a ton of difficulty, visuals and patch/fix mods installed that make it closer to STALKER than the pleasant walk in the park the retail version is. I've played the retail and it was far too easy to me, a seasoned pain enjoyer.

My experience of Starfield was Diabetes character picker and 6 crashes in 10 minutes. Into the bin it goes.

Baldur's Gate 3 I haven't played, I should try 1 and 2 before, see what they're like.

I like old games though.

View attachment 314027

Noted.
BG1 and 2... get the Enhanced Editions. Its pretty old school, very clunky by todays standards, but honestly, once you get through that, just wow. Story wise both 1 and 2 are just fantastic, every notable character is memorable. But BG3 is a whole other game. They simply don't compare, other than the fact they are both based on D&D and are turn based strategy. BG3 trades a few bonus points of story excellence in for an extremely fun combat experience, is a bit more condensed and just oozes quality of life features.

Also if BG1 and 2 were awesome to you and you want more, get Icewind Dale... Planescape Torment... You can easily burn north of 500 hours on this whole selection :)

Yeah thing with indies is that it's not that easy to get them when you can't pay due to clown economics and a currency that's worth less than fortnite's v-bucks
Key sites... 5 bucks gets you a decent amount of gaming these days

1694979820693.png

Last edited:
Will be buying these games but not for a full price and after they are all patched

Atomic Heart
Dead Island 2
Stalker 2
Cities Skylines 2
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
Starfield
Dead Space remake
System Shock remake
Redfall (maybe)

Counter Strike 2 (this one is free i think)

Well i am crossing out Redfall and not buying that at all, ever.

I cant believe they still sell this manure for $70 :kookoo:

Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Storage A lot
Case Corsair 760T
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
BG1 and 2... get the Enhanced Editions. Its pretty old school, very clunky by todays standards, but honestly, once you get through that, just wow. Story wise both 1 and 2 are just fantastic, every notable character is memorable. But BG3 is a whole other game. They simply don't compare, other than the fact they are both based on D&D and are turn based strategy. BG3 trades a few bonus points of story excellence in for an extremely fun combat experience, is a bit more condensed and just oozes quality of life features.

Also if BG1 and 2 were awesome to you and you want more, get Icewind Dale... Planescape Torment... You can easily burn north of 500 hours on this whole selection :)

Key sites... 5 bucks gets you a decent amount of gaming these days

View attachment 314080
Noted again. I like clunky, don't mind graphics at all. And in a CRT those old games will look good, "The way it's meant to be played (TM)" ^^ even new games look good, Cyberpunk has been mentioned, even with all the bugs it was a nice game, could use better navmeshes for the enemies but it was nice.

Not a money issue, well, it's complicated, even if I could set aside 5 of the 40 Euro I earn a month I can't simply walk to a store and exchage my wheelbarrow of soggy monopoly papers for games because it's a digital transaction, more precisely an international digital transaction, and, well, none of us mortals can access cards that have international purchase power where I am. Only way for me to get games are websites of ill repute. This is not a P-word thread though.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Noted again. I like clunky, don't mind graphics at all. And in a CRT those old games will look good, "The way it's meant to be played (TM)" ^^ even new games look good, Cyberpunk has been mentioned, even with all the bugs it was a nice game, could use better navmeshes for the enemies but it was nice.

Not a money issue, well, it's complicated, even if I could set aside 5 of the 40 Euro I earn a month I can't simply walk to a store and exchage my wheelbarrow of soggy monopoly papers for games because it's a digital transaction, more precisely an international digital transaction, and, well, none of us mortals can access cards that have international purchase power where I am. Only way for me to get games are websites of ill repute. This is not a P-word thread though.
All I can say is Arrrr! then

System Name Teh Beast
Processor Intel i9 14900K | 7800X3d
Motherboard Asus STRIX Z790E-E | Strix B650E-F
Cooling NZXT Kraken Elite 280 | Kraken Elite 280
Memory 64GB G.Skill T5 6400Mhz | 32GB G.skill 6000mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7900XTX Pulse | 4070 Super
Storage 1X 1TB SN850X - 1 X 4TB SN850X - 2 X 2TB 980 Pro
Display(s) LG 38" 38GL950G + LG 27" 27GP83B-B
Case Lian Li o11 Air Mini
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Software WIndows 11 Pro
Unpopular answer to this question -- Ill be grabbing the new call of duty in november just like i do every time.
Yeah, i know its just the same game re-skinned :p

...Ready for incoming flak lol

System Name MIXED
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 2x16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 GameRock
Storage Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850-B 27" IPS 144Hz + LG CX3 55" OLED 120Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC V2 + Hifiman Sundara
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard X Box Elite2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Cyberpunk 2077 expansion, but I want to finish BG3 first

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Closest new relase is also the Cyberpunk expansion for me which I'm buying on day 1 on GoG, not sure after that since I have my hands full with other games and less time to play meanwhile.:oops:

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
Closest new relase is also the Cyberpunk expansion for me which I'm buying on day 1 on GoG, not sure after that since I have my hands full with other games and less time to play meanwhile.:oops:
time to sacrifice sleep :p