• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Best Single Player PC RPG Games of the Last 10-ish Years

What are the Best Single Player PC RPGs of the Last 10-ish Years

• The Witcher 3

Votes: 66 68.0%
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Votes: 49 50.5%
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Pillars of Eternity

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dragon Age: Origins

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Dark Souls III

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Neverwinter Nights 2

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Mass Effect 2

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Diablo III

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Fallout: New Vegas

Votes: 31 32.0%

• Total voters

Ahhzz

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
I'd choose Grim Dawn over D3 all day, I'm afraid.... But, that's why we have such variety available :)

Processor Intel i9-13900KF
Motherboard ASUS Z790M-Plus
Memory 64 GB DDR5 @ 6000 G. Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 4090
Storage 2 TB SN850X + 2x 4 TB Lexar NM790
Display(s) 32" 4K/240 Hz W-OLED w/ 1080P/480Hz Mode + 39" 3440x1440 240 Hz W-OLED
Case Lian Li O11 Mini
Audio Device(s) Kali LP-UNF + Audeze Maxwell
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse Logitech G502 X Plus
Keyboard Keychron Q6 Pro
I think I'd pick POE over Grim Dawn, but I do definitely concur that I'd pick Grim Dawn over D3.

D2 was a great game, D3 just wasn't, and still isn't. It's better than it was at launch, but it's still not the king of the genre that D2 was at during its prime.

Ahhzz

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I'd pick POE over Grim Dawn, but I do definitely concur that I'd pick Grim Dawn over D3.

D2 was a great game, D3 just wasn't, and still isn't. It's better than it was at launch, but it's still not the king of the genre that D2 was at during its prime.
I'm a Grim Dawn over PoE, but that may be because I've played PoE for so long, and Grim Dawn is newer heheh. I think we can definitely agree that we'd select both over D3 :toast:

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
...Which begs the question - why put DS3 in and not the first Dark Souls which is the far superior title? You put ME2 instead of ME3...

So Dark Souls was one of the harder choices among the three. DS3 made the top list for techradar, gameradar, and PC gamer while DS1 made the list for PC Gamer also as well as PC GamesN. I also took into account user reviews on metacritic for the games & expansions and DS3 seemed to get the nod by a hair.

no borderlands in that list? Strange.

It was on the FPS list and did OK in results (as was Bioshock as someone else asked about it)
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...-years-post-crysis.253900/page-5#post-4018210

System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
Kingdom Come Deliverance

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Neverwinter Nights 2...A game released in 2006, seriously?

Storm of Zehir came out in 2008 and Mysteries of Westgate in 2009 and those are just two of its many expansions (so timeline wise it makes the list). It's also made several top RPG lists and sells well on GoG to this day. I'm slightly surprised you like DA but don't like NW2 since they are somewhat similar and only separated by three years. NW2 is also one of the few good single player D&D games released within the last few years and it would be weird to have a PC RPG list without a D&D game.

Last edited:
System Name Blackbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF B550-Plus WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3060 Ti Gaming Z
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB + WD SN550 1TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GP850-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard MasterKeys Pro S White (MX Brown)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores It plays games.
OS 2 is still a very Indie feeling game. I like the game, I am not saying it is bad - but it has flaws I'd consider unacceptable in a game that had a larger budget.

Its tooltip damage for numerous skills is just flat out wrong. Slowdown Arrow and Knockdown Arrow for example show absolute bogus damage, to get your real damage you have to take what is displayed and divide by your warfare bonus. Similarly the infusion skills show what benefit you'd get if you had 0 in summoning rather than what you get with your actual summoning.

If you need 3 pyro to memorize a spell and you have three, and remove a piece of gear that gave +1, and replace it with a different piece of gear that also gives +1, it un-memorizes spells that required 3 pyro.

Its inventory management is terrible.

There's just a lot of small gripes with the game that I am happy to tolerate because the game has a 2-3 million dollar budget, but that I'd consider completely unacceptable if it had a proper AAA budget.

Gotta disagree with you on that one. DOS2 feels very much like an AAA title to me. Now sure, you can nitpick here and there, but you can do that for pretty much every AAA title out there. The sheer attention to detail to the world of DOS2 is for me, what makes it AAA. If you're willing to look for it and experiment, you'll find little details everywhere.

From your list, I'd say only the tooltips are a bummer, although it didn't really bother me. Inventory was completely fine for me. I mean, if you want bad inventory management in AAA games look no further than Skyrim. Needs a mod just for that.

Display(s) 32" 4K/240 Hz W-OLED w/ 1080P/480Hz Mode + 39" 3440x1440 240 Hz W-OLED
Case Lian Li O11 Mini
Keyboard Keychron Q6 Pro
The inventory management in D: OS 2 is much worse than Skyrim IMO for one key reason. You have a party. Not being able to multi-select multiple items at once and send them all to a specific character at once is a major pain.

D: OS 2 is a good game, but it's not even got 1/10th of the budget of the games that are actually AAA. AAA isn't measurement of quality, it's a measurement of budget. Larian did a great job with the budget they had, but they still made due with a tiny budget, and it shows in a lot of ways. Higher budget games tend to have a lot more cutscenes, more unique voice-actors and character models, they typically have more time and money spent on QA and balance-testing, etc..

D: OS 2's attribute system is quite bad. There's only one proper way to spec a character. Max int, finesse, or strength, then raise wits. Con is garbage. Initiative is poorly designed. There's a long list of gripes with the game that I feel a larger budget could have solved. None of these things make it a bad game, I've played it for 700+ hours, but I absolutely think the game could have been greatly improved with a larger budget.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
Diablo III either shouldn't be in the list, or Path of Exile should be.

I'd be fine with neither being listed as ARPG's aren't really "RPG's" in the technical sense, but of the two I'd definitely consider Path of Exile to be the superior ARPG.

Terrible mindset. Games don't need to be better than predecessors to be good.

Almost no game ever has been better than Morrowind, it doesn't make 99.9% of games trash.

OS 2 is still a very Indie feeling game. I like the game, I am not saying it is bad - but it has flaws I'd consider unacceptable in a game that had a larger budget.

Its tooltip damage for numerous skills is just flat out wrong. Slowdown Arrow and Knockdown Arrow for example show absolute bogus damage, to get your real damage you have to take what is displayed and divide by your warfare bonus. Similarly the infusion skills show what benefit you'd get if you had 0 in summoning rather than what you get with your actual summoning.

If you need 3 pyro to memorize a spell and you have three, and remove a piece of gear that gave +1, and replace it with a different piece of gear that also gives +1, it un-memorizes spells that required 3 pyro.

Its inventory management is terrible.

There's just a lot of small gripes with the game that I am happy to tolerate because the game has a 2-3 million dollar budget, but that I'd consider completely unacceptable if it had a proper AAA budget.

Funny because some of these things aren't actually 'gripes'. They are mechanics. The fact that spells get unmemorized for example is a gameplay mechanic as you can drain stats and as a result of that, clear out somebody's arsenal. You can also equip different gear with different skill bonuses that would eliminate your memorization. And changing gear obviously means there is a moment where your score falls, need to take something off before you can put something new on...

Tooltip damage being wrong, yes. But you seem to forget that all damage is influenced by resistances as well, so tooltip damage has very little value in the greater scheme of things. It will never display correct numbers, this also ties into the freedom aspect; it just shows the base damage and again, skill points are also flexible and can change in combat. I get your point here though, but the actual 'gripe' underneath I deem to be very limited. Definitely a 'nice to have' but nothing more than that. And, there are actually numerous triple A games that are even worse in their tooltip info up to the point of simply not saying anything other than 'Strike with your sword, it may hurt a bit'.

Inventory management was horrible in OS1, I think OS2 improved quite a lot. Perfect, no... but I do still think it does better than many other complex RPGs, that often present metric tons of items to either take or drop from your bags with no real rhyme or reason to it. In OS2 you can feel pretty confident about keeping or not keeping stuff and not missing out.

I think you need to go back and play a game like Baldur's Gate for a few hours, so you get an impression what 'AAA' RPGs did in their glory days. It was far worse than this. Or better yet try other recent AAA RPGs, even The Witcher has many of the gripes you mention here, including faulty damage display, lacking tooltips and 'hidden' stats and mechanics.

@FordGT90Concept you managed to really surprise me once again with your preferences :) But I do think OS2 is your cup of tea, just don't play it on normal difficulty, I'm sure you can straight up jump into a harder one. And... if you like difficulty, I cannot really understand why Dark Souls isn't on your bucket list?

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard MSI X370 Titanium
Cooling Be Quite Dark Rock TF
Memory 16 GB Adata 3133Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
Display(s) Viotek GN32Q
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5
Power Supply FSP 850G Hydro
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Green
Ya know, as generic as it may have been, I really enjoyed Kingdom of Armalur: Reckoning. It really scratched my itch for another Fable-like game

Put quite a few hours in it when it first came out and still go back and visit it to this day

Ahhzz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya know, as generic as it may have been, I really enjoyed Kingdom of Armalur: Reckoning. It really scratched my itch for another Fable-like game

Put quite a few hours in it when it first came out and still go back and visit it to this day
Oh, I loved it until multiple bugs caused me to start screaming at the screen.... Still can't believe no one was able to manage community patches for the silly thing...
I was in the beta for the newest Fable before it died.... SO ticked off we didn't even get going.

Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard MSI X370 Titanium
Cooling Be Quite Dark Rock TF
Memory 16 GB Adata 3133Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
Display(s) Viotek GN32Q
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5
Power Supply FSP 850G Hydro
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Green
Man I wish that was case, I would love the for it get the community treatment like the ES games. The only bug I really hated was the 4k bug where it broke a lot the quest screens and didn't display any of the text. Made some of the quests kinda difficult

Making me want to go back and play again :laugh:

Case Lian Li O11 Mini
Keyboard Keychron Q6 Pro
Funny because some of these things aren't actually 'gripes'. They are mechanics. The fact that spells get unmemorized for example is a gameplay mechanic as you can drain stats and as a result of that, clear out somebody's arsenal. You can also equip different gear with different skill bonuses that would eliminate your memorization. And changing gear obviously means there is a moment where your score falls, need to take something off before you can put something new on...

If you replace one piece of gear, with another that also satisfies the spells requirements, it shouldn't be unmemorized. I'm not talking about removing your helmet, and then putting another one on. I'm talking about grabbing one and directly replacing the other with it. It's very simple to check for memorization requirements after the swap rather than checking during the brief moment that you technically have no helmet equipped.

As for Baldurs Gate, etc. I've played all of those. They had QOL issues too, but over time the expected standards in many regards have increased.

Hidden stats are also fine. I have more issue with a game that pretends to be transparent and lies to you than one that just outrights hides information. Many games don't tell you what damage a spell does - I'm cool with that. I'm less cool with a game telling me that an attack does 772 - 885 damage when it really does 454-521.

And no, I'm not forgetting resistances. They don't matter in this context. The skills I named do physical damage, there is no physical resistance in the game, it isn't a thing.

Witcher 3 did lots of things wrong, but they were mostly gameplay and combat-related. In that game that didn't matter that much as what made the game great was never its combat. D: OS 2 on the other hand is mostly a standout game due to its combat. Its story isn't fantastic IMO, D: OS 2 is a great game because of the creativity its combat system allows. If the combat system is the primary thing going for a game it makes sense to me to more harshly judge its combat system. ie. I think Witcher 3 is better than Dark Sous 3. That said, I think Dark Souls 3 has significantly better combat mechanics.

Witcher 3 isn't great because of its combat, it's great in spite of it, as such I pay less attention to the faults of its combat system than I do when critiquing games that shine as a result of their combat.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Processor Core i9-9900k
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax ETS-T50 Black CPU cooler
Memory 32GB (2x16) Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 Ti Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x 1TB MX500 (OS); 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 2TB MX500; 1x 1TB BX500 SSD; 1x 6TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) Infievo 27" 165Hz @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-1000 Gold
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Witcher 3 isn't great because of its combat, it's great in spite of it,
Indeed! The story and lore and interwoven quests and rich world are what make the game great, despite the less than satisfying combat.

Processor 7800X3D
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Mouse XTRFY M42
If you replace one piece of gear, with another that also satisfies the spells requirements, it shouldn't be unmemorized. I'm not talking about removing your helmet, and then putting another one on. I'm talking about grabbing one and directly replacing the other with it. It's very simple to check for memorization requirements after the swap rather than checking during the brief moment that you technically have no helmet equipped.

As for Baldurs Gate, etc. I've played all of those. They had QOL issues too, but over time the expected standards in many regards have increased.

Hidden stats are also fine. I have more issue with a game that pretends to be transparent and lies to you than one that just outrights hides information. Many games don't tell you what damage a spell does - I'm cool with that. I'm less cool with a game telling me that an attack does 772 - 885 damage when it really does 454-521.

And no, I'm not forgetting resistances. They don't matter in this context. The skills I named do physical damage, there is no physical resistance in the game, it isn't a thing.

Witcher 3 did lots of things wrong, but they were mostly gameplay and combat-related. In that game that didn't matter that much as what made the game great was never its combat. D: OS 2 on the other hand is mostly a standout game due to its combat. Its story isn't fantastic IMO, D: OS 2 is a great game because of the creativity its combat system allows. If the combat system is the primary thing going for a game it makes sense to me to more harshly judge its combat system. ie. I think Witcher 3 is better than Dark Sous 3. That said, I think Dark Souls 3 has significantly better combat mechanics.

Witcher 3 isn't great because of its combat, it's great in spite of it, as such I pay less attention to the faults of its combat system than I do when critiquing games that shine as a result of their combat.

I can get into that. But one more example for tooltips: Diablo 3. 95% of the game is about damage and the best youll get is ultra vague percentages in tooltips...

Speaking of which... this one actually does apply too and should be in place of D3.... and just now got its 2nd expansion too

GRIM DAWN

Last edited:
Processor Core i7-13700
Motherboard MSI Z790 Gaming Plus WiFi
Cooling Cooler Master RGB something
Memory Corsair DDR5-6000 small OC to 6200
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB,,WD850N 2TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 11 Professional v23H2

Sounds familiar, this game? I have wanted to go back for a second play through.
IMG_20190328_095455.jpg

IMG_20190328_095412.jpg

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Processor Core i9-9900k
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax ETS-T50 Black CPU cooler
Memory 32GB (2x16) Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 Ti Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x 1TB MX500 (OS); 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 2TB MX500; 1x 1TB BX500 SSD; 1x 6TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) Infievo 27" 165Hz @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-1000 Gold
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

Ahhzz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, I’m going to have to try this out. I admit I never tried it.
Gotta warn you, there may be some bugs that jump all over your play. Best recommendation is save early, save often :) If you can get past them, or get around without hitting any serious ones, I really enjoyed the game :)

Processor Core i7-13700
Motherboard MSI Z790 Gaming Plus WiFi
Cooling Cooler Master RGB something
Memory Corsair DDR5-6000 small OC to 6200
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB,,WD850N 2TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 11 Professional v23H2
Gotta warn you, there may be some bugs that jump all over your play. Best recommendation is save early, save often :) If you can get past them, or get around without hitting any serious ones, I really enjoyed the game :)
Have to say for me I don't remember running into any bugs or glitches. Maybe I did though and I'm not remembering. Game is from 2011 so it's been awhile.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]
Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
Ok, I’m going to have to try this out. I admit I never tried it.

Go into it thinking you are playing an MMO with no friends :) Its grindy, but has nice combat and big open maps to explore.

Quen, fast strike, fast strike, dodge, fast strike, fast strike, dodge, repeat.

Yeah, for me it was mostly Quen abuse too. Probably the coolest skill the game has.

Case Lian Li O11 Mini
Keyboard Keychron Q6 Pro
I liked Kingdoms of Amalur. I don't recall it being particularly buggy either. Certainly much less buggy than Bethesda's games.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
I liked Kingdoms of Amalur. I don't recall it being particularly buggy either. Certainly much less buggy than Bethesda's games.

It has been a while since I played it but if I recall, it started out slow and then I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, for me it was mostly Quen abuse too. Probably the coolest skill the game has.

Quen? What was that?

*I didn't use that shiedly thing that made you nearly invincible. Really. I didn't.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Quen was an absolute must on the hardest difficulty but it also felt like cheat mode to use.

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning is a fantastic traditional RPG game. Beat it twice a long time ago. Very long with a lot of variety. I like their twist on the portrayal of elves.

System Name Gaming PC from bestby
Processor I7
Motherboard Ibuypower
Cooling Stock
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3080
Storage 1TB shared with windows 11 and FerenOS
Display(s) MPG ARTYMIS 323CQR
Case nice big case with rainbow fans allover it
Audio Device(s) realtech
Software OS is Windows 7 home premium, sometimes I use linux mint mate or sabayon both live
Benchmark Scores CL-RCD-RP-RAS Write Speed 2x DDR3-1333 SDRAM 9-9-9-23 CR1 10484 MB/s
This steam game looks good, HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed too bad itd not on itch.io