• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Realtek DCH Audio Driver - DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to post you mods here, just make sure they have a unique name for people to identify the driver, and also so you can support it directly (and so I don't have to, since I didn't make it).

----

You will need either the encoder and its CLSID to input into your .inf, as probably endpoint for digital. Or a Realtek APO (RltkAPOU64.dll) that directly supports these features.
I have attached the tools I am using, you will find: FX Configurator, RTK APO Tool and RTK Device Tool. The APO tool I use to read settings and changes.

Not every setting you apply in the device tool will show in the apo tool. For example DTS encoder shows as disabled, although enabled.

1.png

----

It can also tell you what CLSID's and files are needed for different systems.

2.png

Attachments

• Realtek Tools.exe
    4.5 MB · Views: 390
Last edited:
AAF 6.0.9098.4 DTS is available, it is signed.

Unplug your network cable, or turn off WiFi (stop updates, prevent interruptions), in device manager right click uninstall current driver (tick delete driver), then restart your computer.
Once your computer has restarted, run 'Install', then wait a few seconds after the install has finished, about 10-15 seconds is enough, then restart.

Enjoy!

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
AAF 6.0.9098.4 DTS is available, it is signed.

Unplug your network cable, or turn off WiFi (stop updates, prevent interruptions), in device manager right click uninstall current driver (tick delete driver), then restart your computer.
Once your computer has restarted, run 'Install', then wait a few seconds after the install has finished, about 10-15 seconds is enough, then restart.

Enjoy!
How do I install DTS X Ultra ?

Thanks for the update by the way ;) :)

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed with RGB
Memory Mushkin DDR4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX580 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung QE43Q60B (TV)/1x Samsung S27B80P/1x Hanns-G FHD
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt Pro Gold 80+ 1000W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech MX5500 Revolution
Software Win 11 Pro x64 v24H2
:clap:I have finished my driver (based on AAF Realtek DCH Audio Driver - DTS)
I removed everything that was DTS.
I added: - Dolby Atmos for Gaming.
-Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater (DS1)
-Dolby Home Theater v4 (PCEE4)

@Ferather: I've tried to merge the both Driver-Packages into a single one, about editing the HDXRT.inf-File. Install fails with -0001, also have I uploaded this onto Mega.

Is anyone able to find and fix it?

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed with RGB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Mouse Logitech M210
I'll know: where is the Error, and how looks it, and how will it be fixed?

Ok so I gave it a look over, without knowing more about DD codes, I think I see two issues:

[Dolby.DelReg]
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Dolby
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Dolby\PCEE4
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Dolby\DolbyDigitalPlus

[OEMCustomBranding.AddProperty]
DeviceBrandingIcon,,,,"%11%\dolby.ico,-0"
DeviceBrandingIcon,,,,"%11%\DTS.ico,-0"
DeviceVendorWebSite,,,,"http://www.realtek.com/" ; Place your URL here

The first one looks like it will delete 'HKLM,SOFTWARE\Dolby' and then try to delete a key inside the 'HKLM,SOFTWARE\Dolby', which no longer exists.
The second one, I am not sure you can set two icons, when only 1 can be displayed, however the second might just override the first.

Do you have a text file of the code you added as a separate file?

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
@Ferather I know the new version is only a beta so to improve I will tell you some error that I have noticed :

DTS X Ultra app only detect my speakers on Quadrophonics, 5.1 and 7.1 and not in speaker.

Secondly and lastly for the moment, I can't change the parameters or stop DTS X Ultra

It's not strictly a beta as APO4 is in use, but you need the correct files for stereo, and the app to control the APO (Like the Realtek Audio Console controls the Realtek APO).
Without these files the system is not licensed and and can only use a default profile for the APO, which is very limited. It's a little hard to explain.

----

I will try to explain it again. If for example you has an Asus motherboard with the Realtek built in, you would normally download and install Asus drivers, which also install the above files.
Each product, Ultra, Headphones:X v2, Audio Processing, has a separate .xml, and usually only one product is installed and licensed by the vendor drivers (Asus).

1.png2.png
3.png4.png

----

If your Realtek can use said driver normally, you should be able to use my drivers, and copy the files, and it should then work as intended.

5.png6.png
7.png8.png

----

You cant turn APO4 off because I am making use of it for digital, I can play audio at 100 dB with 0% loss, no popping or noise.
Another good benefit of optical, is that is doesn't conduct, and doesn't pickup wifi and radio signals (SNR).

====

9.png
10.png

:D

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
It's not strictly a beta as APO4 is in use, but you need the correct files for stereo, and the app to control the APO (Like the Realtek Audio Console controls the Realtek APO).
Without these files the system is not licensed and and can only use a default profile for the APO, which is very limited. It's a little hard to explain.

----

I will try to explain it again. If for example you has an Asus motherboard with the Realtek built in, you would normally download and install Asus drivers, which also install the above files.
Each product, Ultra, Headphones:X v2, Audio Processing, has a separate .xml, and usually only one product is installed and licensed by the vendor drivers (Asus).

View attachment 186789View attachment 186790
View attachment 186791View attachment 186792

----

If your Realtek can use said driver normally, you should be able to use my drivers, and copy the files, and it should then work as intended.

View attachment 186793View attachment 186795
View attachment 186797View attachment 186798

----

You cant turn APO4 off because I am making use of it for digital, I can play audio at 100 dB with 0% loss, no popping or noise.
Another good benefit of optical, is that is doesn't conduct, and doesn't pickup wifi and radio signals (SNR).
So, if I have a Gigabyte B85M-D3H, I should install the correct drivers and then install your mod ?

No you would unpack thier drivers, and find the files to copy to C:\Windows\System32\DTS\APO4x\. Transfer then restart PC, as far as I know.
This is how its done by for example Asus. The behaviour of the app will change when you add the files.

Also read the .xml to make sure its for Ultra X and not another product.

Attachments

• Example.zip
    605.5 KB · Views: 167
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed with RGB
Mouse Logitech M210
Ok so I gave it a look over, without knowing more about DD codes, I think I see two issues:

[Dolby.DelReg]
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Dolby
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Dolby\PCEE4
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Dolby\DolbyDigitalPlus

[OEMCustomBranding.AddProperty]
DeviceBrandingIcon,,,,"%11%\dolby.ico,-0"
DeviceBrandingIcon,,,,"%11%\DTS.ico,-0"
DeviceVendorWebSite,,,,"http://www.realtek.com/" ; Place your URL here

The first one looks like it will delete 'HKLM,SOFTWARE\Dolby' and then try to delete a key inside the 'HKLM,SOFTWARE\Dolby', which no longer exists.
The second one, I am not sure you can set two icons, when only 1 can be displayed, however the second might just override the first.

Do you have a text file of the code you added as a separate file?

If I understand you right: the "Dolby.DelReg" should also be removed, and at the "OEMCustomBranding.AddProperty"-Label is 1 "DeviceBrandingIcon" too much?

Yes, that's what I see but it might not be a problem. Do you happen to have a text file with all the code you transferred, so I can see just that code?

Thanks.

====

AAF 6.0.9098.4 DTS on ALC889 (2008)* vs Creative X-Fi fatal1ty (2005), speakers: Logitech Z906. * + E-APO for upmixing.

AAF 6.0.9098.4 DTS on ALC889: Equal dB, 25% higher digital quality (DTS APO4), 0.1% CPU cost for upmixing.
Creative X-Fi fatal1ty: Driver not supported, crashes, decent digital quality, up to 10% CPU cost for upmixing.

8 Core CPU @ 4.2GHz

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
No you would unpack thier drivers, and find the files to copy to C:\Windows\System32\DTS\APO4x\. Transfer then restart PC, as far as I know.
This is how its done by for example Asus. The behaviour of the app will change when you add the files.

Also read the .xml to make sure its for Ultra X and not another product.
Since I do not know nothing about drivers, could you please try to find me the a good zip file for Gigabyte B85M-D3H, please ?

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
GA-B85M-D3H (rev. 2.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

I downloaded the files, its dated 2016, but does support a large array of APOs.
Sadly DTS APO4, is not included or supported, so no files.

You should probably use that as a base for modding, and update the files (.dlls).
This way you get an up-to-date custom driver for your device.

GitHub - pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic, If you need I can show you how to sign it.
Could you explain me how to mod my drivers, please ?

Last edited:
You find the .inf file that is being used to install your cards driver, the name can be different. If for example the .inf file installs DTS, but also want Dolby, and one of the other .inf files installs Dolby,
you would study and copy the necessary code that you see that is different between the two, if you need to unlock a specific inf for any device you edit the id lines:

"Realtek Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10251500
"Realtek Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_1025149F

To:

"Realtek Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

----

Please make sure you do a Windows backup before continuing on learning to mod, so you can restore it. And ALWAYS virus scan files, even after extraction.

----

You can also use offical Microsoft files, sort by Last Updated, search for DTS, Dolby, Nahimic etc too. Microsoft Update Catalog

----

Programmer's Notepad 2.4.2 (pnotepad.org)

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
You find the .inf file that is being used to install your cards driver, the name can be different. If for example the .inf file installs DTS, but also want Dolby, and one of the other .inf files installs Dolby,
you would study and copy the necessary code that you see that is different between the two, if you need to unlock a specific inf for any device you edit the id lines:

"Realtek Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10251500
"Realtek Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_1025149F

To:

"Realtek Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

----

Please make sure you do a Windows backup before continuing on learning to mod, so you can restore it. And ALWAYS virus scan files, even after extraction.

----

You can also use offical Microsoft files, sort by Last Updated, search for DTS, Dolby, Nahimic etc too. Microsoft Update Catalog

----

Programmer's Notepad 2.4.2 (pnotepad.org)
Could you make it for me ?

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Not anytime soon, no sorry.

:(
Oh okay, I understand it :)
But could you at least help me know with inf file I will need to modify, please ?

Last edited:
Just follow this post and keep an eye out for a releases by someone like for example: xela or Metal-Tom, who are pretty much doing the same as you.

Maybe you can help them improve their drivers?

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Just follow this post and keep an eye out for a releases by someone like for example: xela or Metal-Tom, who are pretty much doing the same as you.

Maybe you can help them improve their drivers?
I'm trying to follow it, but, I can't seem to find :

Realtek Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10251500

And I don't understand what I need to edit to make work APO4...

And what does Realtek UAD generic does ?

Thanks for the answers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.