• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Realtek DCH Audio Driver - DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open HDXRT.inf in the cab file, and scroll though looking for DTS and Dolby (you can also use the search feature in Programmers Notepad 2).
There will be more code to look for, but in general, you compare your current .inf, with the .inf that has the code you need.

When you find a difference (for example .cab inf has extra code here, and its DTS), you copy it.

First copy all the codes to separate text document, so you can read it better, before you transfer to your master .inf.

Backup your current work to a .zip, this way if the .inf ends up broken, you can restore it.

----

At this point is nearly all self learning, you have no time limit. :)

----

Also I'm guessing here but by the sounds of you where successful making an update for your device, well done.

====

Next update (which will be when the new generic comes out), I will attempt to add analogue to DTS APO4 (tested before release), as its working very well for S/PDIF (digital).
You will be stuck on a default profile, that cannot be changed unless a license is purchased (for me the Sound Unbound app is bugged).

I have sent DTS an email, they have responded, and my guess is its being looked into (last app update was 2018).

Last edited:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Open HDXRT.inf in the cab file, and scroll though looking for DTS and Dolby (you can also use the search feature in Programmers Notepad 2).
There will be more code to look for, but in general, you compare your current .inf, with the .inf that has the code you need.

When you find a difference (for example .cab inf has extra code here, and its DTS), you copy it.

First copy all the codes to separate text document, so you can read it better, before you transfer to your master .inf.

Backup your current work to a .zip, this way if the .inf ends up broken, you can restore it.

----

At this point is nearly all self learning, you have no time limit. :)

----

Also I'm guessing here but by the sounds of you where successful making an update for your device, well done.

====

Next update (which will be when the new generic comes out), I will attempt to add analogue to DTS APO4 (tested before release), as its working very well for S/PDIF (digital).
You will be stuck on a default profile, that cannot be changed unless a license is purchased (for me the Sound Unbound app is bugged).

I have sent DTS an email, they have responded, and my guess is its being looked into (last app update was 2018).
Okay :)

If I buy miself a valid license in the Onbound app, will it work ? And how long does it take to the license to be cancelled (stopping from working) ?

You get two options when you download the app from the store, purchase or 14 day trial, use the trial.

Get DTS Sound Unbound - Microsoft Store

----

FAQ: DTS Sound Unbound FAQ - DTS

How do I enable the DTS:X decoder?

DTS:X is enabled by selecting “Try/Buy DTS:X” within the Sound Unbound application. Once purchased, or trial started, there are no additional steps to enable the DTS:X decoder. It is up to the media playback application to take advantage of Windows decoders; such as Microsoft Movies & TV application.

What is the difference between the DTS Headphone:X and DTS:X Ultra spatial sound settings?

DTS Headphone:X and DTS:X Ultra share the same core spatial audio engine. DTS Headphone:X audio processing is applied once a headphone is connected. This allows the users to select value-added features like alternative headphone-specific tunings from the extensive DTS library of headphones.

DTS:X Ultra is applied to the device’ loudspeakers (not headphones) and includes dedicated speaker tuning to optimize the sound.

----

1.png
2.png

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
You get two options when you download the app from the store, purchase or 14 day trial, use the trial.

Get DTS Sound Unbound - Microsoft Store

----

FAQ: DTS Sound Unbound FAQ - DTS

How do I enable the DTS:X decoder?

DTS:X is enabled by selecting “Try/Buy DTS:X” within the Sound Unbound application. Once purchased, or trial started, there are no additional steps to enable the DTS:X decoder. It is up to the media playback application to take advantage of Windows decoders; such as Microsoft Movies & TV application.

What is the difference between the DTS Headphone:X and DTS:X Ultra spatial sound settings?

DTS Headphone:X and DTS:X Ultra share the same core spatial audio engine. DTS Headphone:X audio processing is applied once a headphone is connected. This allows the users to select value-added features like alternative headphone-specific tunings from the extensive DTS library of headphones.

DTS:X Ultra is applied to the device’ loudspeakers (not headphones) and includes dedicated speaker tuning to optimize the sound.
Oh I already used my trial moonths ago xD

But, one thing, since the original driver files had only HDRXT.inf for Vista and Vista64, I have to mod them or I need to mod the one from Realtek Updater ?

You can do yes, its generic and not specific to your device, but that should be ok.

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
No I mean the Realtek Updater .inf. You can use it if you want, if the official drivers are written for vista.

kotobuki09

@Hearick

Backup your Windows first, then try and install it via device manager (with driver signing enforcement disabled), if something goes wrong, restore your backup.

----

@kotobuki09

Have you considered re-installing Windows?
I try to upgrade through USB boot but every time it's got an error after the reboot. I think the only solution now for me is to format the whole disk and reinstall everything. :p

Bummer, that sounds really broken :(

====

Update: AAF 6.0.9102.1 DTS, default APO4 preset enabled.

Right click and uninstall current (tick delete driver) in device manager, dont restart. Open command promt as admin, and type: pnputil -e
Look for 'Alan Finotty Extensions' and type: pnputil -d oemX.inf | where X is the number you see on screen.

You can now restart, disconnect internet and then install. Windows will ask you to restart after.

1.png

The above screenshot is a little older.

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Bummer, that sounds really broken :(

====

Update: AAF 6.0.9102.1 DTS, default APO4 preset enabled.

Right click and uninstall current (tick delete driver) in device manager, dont restart. Open command promt as admin, and type: pnputil -e
Look for 'Alan Finotty Extensions' and type: pnputil -d oemX.inf | where X is the number you see on screen.

You can now restart, disconnect internet and then install. Windows will ask you to restart after.

View attachment 187336

The above screenshot is a littl

I can't install dtsapo4xultrahsa.inf and/or dtsoemapo3hpxhsa.inf throught device manager, it give me an error saying that it's not for x64 PCs, any help on that ?

I have bought a license in DTS Sound Onbound but I still can't change profiles in DTS X Ultra...

Last edited:
For dtsapo4xultrahsa.inf and/or dtsoemapo3hpxhsa.inf, right click install. DTS:X ULTRA | TechPowerUp Forums (post 10 and 11).
As I mentioned previously the app is bugged for me I cannot do trial or purchase, still waiting from DTS.

1.png

Hey,

i have the AFF Optimus Sound 6.0.8959.1 installed and everything is working fine, so i wont update the driver because maybe i am getting problems.
My questing is : is it possible to install now on my version only the "DTS Feature" to getting this DTS Surround Sensation?

@Hearick

I'm hopefully getting some support from other modders to help implement the Ultra X app, but honestly from reading and Windows versions, its probably a dead end.
If it where working properly, there would be plenty of other drivers with Ultra X, except this not the case (its been at least 3 years since release).

Also just to check since you purchased the full licence, is your headphones X v2 working? It uses APO4 (same as Ultra X).

----

@MichiW

No Alan currently doesn't support DTS fully, and there is no extension pack to add it to pre-existing drivers.
To get the DTS suite (Sensation so on), you will need the current driver, its 100% stable.

@Hearick

I'm hopefully getting some support from other modders to help implement the Ultra X app, but honestly from reading and Windows versions, its probably a dead end.
If it where working properly, there would be plenty of other drivers with Ultra X, except this not the case (its been at least 3 years since release).

Also just to check since you purchased the full licence, is your headphones X v2 working? It uses APO4 (same as Ultra X).

----

@MichiW

No Alan currently doesn't support DTS fully, and there is no extension pack to add it to pre-existing drivers.
To get the DTS suite (Sensation so on), you will need the current driver, its 100% stable.
okay, thanks for answer.

I finally managed to find the license files and correct Ultra X Files, will be trying this all at some point.

Product Support | Acer United States - Sound Unbound and Ultra X

----

<parm name="AppXPath" value="C:\PROGRAMS\CommonFiles\Xaps\a1d5bdf87f3848959580a8e350f36a63.appxbundle" />
<parm name="LicensePath" value="C:\PROGRAMS\CommonFiles\Xaps\a1d5bdf87f3848959580a8e350f36a63_License1.xml" />

Not 100% sure about the C:\PROGRAMS, part.

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
@Hearick

----

@MichiW

Oh okay and to answer your question, yes it works but only on stereo (using old Logitech speakers).

Ah and to answer your last post, I can't find Xaps on my computer (Program Programs x86) @Ferather

Last edited:
Ok, sorry and thankyou. I was hoping you had trial rather than purchase, I'm still waiting for DTS to contact me about their app so I can continue further testing.

I'm glad APO4 is working though.

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Ok, sorry and thankyou. I was hoping you had trial rather than purchase, I'm still waiting for DTS to contact me about their app so I can continue further testing.

I'm glad APO4 is working though.
if you want I can switch account and use my brother's one and make a test with trial but I think it will work

I finally managed to find the license files and correct Ultra X Files, will be trying this all at some point.

Product Support | Acer United States - Sound Unbound and Ultra X

----

<parm name="AppXPath" value="C:\PROGRAMS\CommonFiles\Xaps\a1d5bdf87f3848959580a8e350f36a63.appxbundle" />
<parm name="LicensePath" value="C:\PROGRAMS\CommonFiles\Xaps\a1d5bdf87f3848959580a8e350f36a63_License1.xml" />

Not 100% sure about the C:\PROGRAMS, part.
So, what do we do with this info ?

So, what do we do with this info ? - Nothing, its for people like me to investigate, and make solutions. I can say the Acer files very nearly work, I can config headphones now.

----

Also note, From DTS email:

"We are trying to reproduce this issue. Once done, we will be able to troubleshoot and get back to you with a solution or options.

Do you have another PC or Xbox that uses this same Microsoft account? If so, do you experience the same behaviour? Please know that this purchase is attached to your Microsoft account, and will be supported on up to 10 devices (managed in your Microsoft account portal).

Thank you for your patience, and have a good day."

====

1.png2.png3.png

This is what I got so far, the files I am using require modification, hacking essentially. They control various parts of the app and APO, without them, it doesn't work. Driver is working perfectly.

Attachments

• Hack Files.exe
    1.4 MB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
So, what do we do with this info ? - Nothing, its for people like me to investigate, and make solutions. I can say the Acer files very nearly work, I can config headphones now.

----

Also note, From DTS email:

"We are trying to reproduce this issue. Once done, we will be able to troubleshoot and get back to you with a solution or options.

Do you have another PC or Xbox that uses this same Microsoft account? If so, do you experience the same behaviour? Please know that this purchase is attached to your Microsoft account, and will be supported on up to 10 devices (managed in your Microsoft account portal).

Thank you for your patience, and have a good day."

====

View attachment 187553View attachment 187554View attachment 187555

This is what I got so far, the files I am using require modification, hacking essentially. They control various parts of the app and APO, without them, it doesn't work. Driver is working perfectly.
And what type of hacking will you need to do?

That's outside my expertise. I have the resource hacker app, but I'm too new to hacking to do anything. The files go into System32/DTS/APO4x/.

@Ferather - great work! I'm very impressed by your sturdy work and social talent in helpfulness.
I am nearly done with my Universal Remastering Live Chain(TM) and am on the way of developing a new codec format/spec.
Would be really neat to have this up and running, since the only ingredient I am missing is ICE Sound, DTS:X and Harman AC3 (working).
GG.

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
@Ferather - great work! I'm very impressed by your sturdy work and social talent in helpfulness.
I am nearly done with my Universal Remastering Live Chain(TM) and am on the way of developing a new codec format/spec.
Would be really neat to have this up and running, since the only ingredient I am missing is ICE Sound, DTS:X and Harman AC3 (working).
GG.
It's true that what he made is amazing ^^

Will you give it to us when you will have it done ?

Yes, in the event it gets unlocked you guys will be the first to know, download and use it. I cannot promise results though, due to licensing and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.