• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor AMD 5600X
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix B550-e
Cooling Noctua DS 15S
Memory 16 Go
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Software Win 11
Yes some VPN's and restricted internet services can block live licensing, and the DTS APO4 essentially turns off, its roughly like it reacts to wrong IP or location, or hack attempt.
@Mitras, that's sad to hear, I dont program Alans driver, but try changing the format, it might complain, but then hopefully fix its self.
I finally did it !!
I just had to install Realtek Default Effects with DDL & DTS and it work perfectly :)

Thank you so much again for this amazing work

If it works on DTS DCH its works on Alans pack too, as long as he keeps up to date with any changes.

isaakk

Hello guys, first of all my english is bad so sorry for that.

I always downloaded drivers from realtek official site but some time ago realtek stop to update its drivers or did something with its drivers, since that moment the AEC system filter option disappeared and stop to work, that was like 1-2 years ago, then I found this website and downloaded the drivers, the AEC system filter option is back, tried thousands of things but I can't get it to work again, I have the same speakers and mic than when it worked, like before I could put music at max volume and mic would not detect it, now any sound is detected by it. I really need help with this as my setup didn't changed, just drivers.
Also before if you had diferent sampling rate on mic and speakers it would notify you so you know if it was working or not

Edit: I tried to look for more information around the net and found that I dont have "aec.sys" on C:\Windows\System32\drivers, could be that the problem?

Last edited:
System Name Alienware PC
Processor Intel 4790K
Motherboard ASROCK Z97 EXTREME4
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 32GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 7770 2GB GDDR5
Storage SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2
Display(s) SAMSUNG UE57 Series 28-Inch 4K UHD
Case Alienware Area 51 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Realtek On Board
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt
Mouse Microsoft Wireless
Keyboard HyperX - Alloy Elite 2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.
Software Windows 10 Pro & LTSB & LTSC Windows 11 Pro
I have a quick question, I think it's somewhat on topic as this thread. I have a ASRock Z97 Extreme 4, and the Realtek audio has no EQ, as in an EQ software. Yes, I can go to sound settings, and do properties and get a few enhancements, but still no actual EQ to where I can set my sounds using a typical EQ. I have installed the audio drivers, but unlike some boards, these drivers don't have an EQ, just sound drivers.
Thanks Bill

@isaakk, open the audio tool, and select policy tab at the bottom, search for AEC, and enable the tick boxes (sometimes of the left too). Cant say which ones you need.

1629133445311.png

@Mr Bill, the same for you too, but it my case enabling the DTS options, Support DTS, Encoder, Neo-PC, there is also EQ options.

1629133481277.png

isaakk

@isaakk, open the audio tool, and select policy tab at the bottom, search for AEC, and enable the tick boxes (sometimes of the left too). Cant say which ones you need.

View attachment 212903

@Mr Bill, the same for you too, but it my case enabling the DTS options, Support DTS, Encoder, Neo-PC, there is also EQ options.

View attachment 212904
The option appears on the Realtek Audio Console but it do nothing when I select it, all sounds detected, also no "adjust your sampling rate" message like before, so its like the option does nothing.

UsernameRequired

Hi everyone!
I installed https://github.com/AlanFinotty/AAFDCHDriverMod/discussions/92 the Sonic Studio, Sonic Radar, and the Sound blaster are not working.

I installed the mod that I can endable 7.1"speaker fill" but no succes. I have ALC 4080.

My main goal is to get stereo audio out of the jack connectors, I want to stream stereo audio form the jack ports. My corrent solution is a jack splitter adapter.

A teroitical question:
If you use 7.1/5.1 is it possible the the driver autodetect the sound chanels and when you play 7.1/5.1 source audio than the output is 7.1/5.1 BUT when you play Stereo source then the output is stereo but all the jack connectors?

I attach pictures from my pc, the current "solution" and the not working programs.

Ps: I am not a native english spekar and a noob in audio.

Attachments

• IMG_20210817_162807.jpg
    IMG_20210817_162807.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 136
  • Képernyőkép 2021-08-17 165155.png
    Képernyőkép 2021-08-17 165155.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Képernyőkép 2021-08-17 165243.png
    Képernyőkép 2021-08-17 165243.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 138

UsernameRequired

The driver is for mainstream ALC, you have a USB. Different driver entirely.
Thank you for the fast reply!

In short its not gona work with this mod, if I understand it right.

Do you have any idea how could i stream stereo signal in multi jack connectors?

UsernameRequired

By stream do you mean digital audio, such as SPDIF-HDMI?
No. I have 2 separete speaker system a 5.1 and a 2.1, but i use them in stereo mode. Now i only can use them in the same time with a jack splitter. Is there a way to enable the jack connectors to play/stream stereo sound ? I hopeI phrase is right, if not i make a drawing.

Like in the picture.

Attachments

• Képernyőkép 2021-08-17 181138.png
    Képernyőkép 2021-08-17 181138.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 91
If you open the panel you should be able to re-task an unused port to stereo speakers, for example side instead as speakers, you should then get stereo on that pin, and front-rear on the other pins.

mcswizzle

Just wanted to note that I'm still having this issue with the latest drivers released yesterday, AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9175.1 (Signed), both with the Legacy and Universal drivers.

I can't seem to get anything other than 2-channel functioning properly in applications, whereas I know S/PDIF does support 5.1 as it was working before the latest Windows 21H1 update. I am not able to find the settings that TheDoctorTash recommends, but also this is not a problem with just browsers, but the audio device usage throughout the OS.

Oddly though, when I go to the "Supported Formats" tab of "Additional Device Properties" in Windows (Win key -> "Sound Settings" -> Device Properties -> "Additional Device Properties" on the right -> Supported Formats tab) and click Dolby Digital and then Test, I get sound in all 5.1 channels, starting with the subwoofer and moving from Front Left speaker all the way around to Rear Surround Left speaker, each speaker only making sounds for its specific channel test. This tells me the system and the driver currently should support 5.1 functionally, but in terms of what the OS being told out output by applications, it is adhering to the the 2-channel, 16 bit option selected under the Advanced tab, shown in the screenshot.

Any assistance on what I'm possibly installing or not installing that would allow me to get that 5.1 option would be great. My home theater setup is sad without its 5.1 configuration.

Edit: I finally went back to a download from January, AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9079.1. This release had the colorful AAF splash while the installer was loading. This release, using the Legacy drivers with the both DDL and DTS drivers, works perfectly. See the second screenshot for proof.

Thanks for any and all help in investigating this!
After the last Windows update I found that, yet again, my 5.1 audio over Optical (S/PDIF) had failed to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest release, but this did not return 5.1 support to functioning and the dropdown in the options only allowed 2.1 channel support.

I finally found the right words to search that led me to the following thread:

The patcher in this thread worked immediately and first time with the official Realtek drivers, version 2.81.

Source that pointed me here: https://superuser.com/questions/1095458/windows-10-and-realtek-optical-output-5-1-dts-how-to-enable

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING

I recommend including this patch into the AAF drivers, if possible. This board is not terribly old at this point and with the right patches it certainly functions just fine, showing it is not a hardware issue but a matter of including the proper patches into the audio drivers..

isaakk

Set the mic to 16bit 44khz, and try that, there are also some other options, @Alan Finotty should know them.
still its like the AEC option does nothing and no Enhancement tab

edit: like before was so easy, fresh windows - install drivers, go to enhancement tab, press AEC and woila, i could watch movies etc and my friends on discord would not hear anything, now they hear everthing from my computer, idk why Realtek/Windows did that change and im with this problem aready 1-2 years so i would be glad if any1 can help me or tell me another forum about sound maybe idk, but it suck that it dont work with exactly the same setup

I dont know if this will considered spam or offtopic but maybe someone need it, maybe even @Alan Finotty can use it for improving its drivers.
Could solve it with this drivers, thanks to RavenTheDev#0332

This is the latest "Generic" driver for realtek chipsets, that overwrites Microsoft's version :
http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2021/06/dac4e876-e31f-4e5e-a230-40946f000885_0d12e66e1c349424ed4429ec1ed9a69443806382.cab

With this drivers Enhancements tab is back and aec working again

Last edited:

UsernameRequired

If you open the panel you should be able to re-task an unused port to stereo speakers, for example side instead as speakers, you should then get stereo on that pin, and front-rear on the other pins.
I tried it but did not work. I red about it in other forum but i dont know how to manually retask pins. I think i have to play eith the registry files?

Attachments

• Képernyőkép 2021-08-18 163446.png
    Képernyőkép 2021-08-18 163446.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 136
System Name Jamesbondosaurus
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75ghz PBO
Motherboard MSI B550i MPG Gaming Edge MAX Wifi
Cooling Arctic Esport Duo White / Black
Memory Patriot Viper Steel @ 3733 C16
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070
Storage 120GB PNY CS900. 1TB Crucial BX500. 1TB WD Blue M.2. 8TB WD Red HDD.
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Phanteks P200A PE
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III
Mouse G305
Keyboard Some cheap mechanical keeb
Software Windows
Benchmark Scores Like 5 FPS if I play Dying Light 2 at 8K.
Thank you, this works awesome on my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite, the board has an amplified Realtek ALC 1200.

To get it working though I did the steps to install the DCH driver foremost in this thread: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/dts-dch-driver-for-realtek-dts-x.279972/

Then ran this installer over it.

I am really impressed, it brought the onboard audio chip to life and have since put my Fidelio X2HR in the rear of my motherboard, sounds better than my external DAC / amp.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

I have donated to your Paypal as a thanks.

Last edited:
OK I have to admit that sometimes I feel like a stereo type as a Californian blonde surfer who may partake of the herb my memory is unreliable at best. I have no idea what I did that made everything work perfectly for months and months - even rebooting was fine. I had the Soundblaster 720 working for playing FPS games and I have been listening to more music than ever while I play sometimes. I use Foobar2000 to play music/movies via optical out to a older Sony receiver that has Dolby Digital/Pro Logic/DTS decoder often while I am playing a game a without audio out from green pront panel audio jack on PC. It took about a year to get everything right and once it was dialed I seem to have lost all recollection of how to reproduce it.

Not a big deal. I like Soundblaster for FPS games, the scout mode really does give you directional audio cues where you can hear the direction an opponent is approaching you from. In games like Battle Royale knowing someone is coming and where to aim or look out is critical. But I would say the improvement of Creative's Scout Mode is marginal. I was playing last night and Atmos is on. I tried to install CSB720 and it would not launch even with KGA so I just installed Dolbt Digital and Atmos.However, while I was tuning someo settings for another game I looked at a unfamiliar app running and taking up memory.

Creative.UWPRPCService.exe It says itspart of Alan's suite and has his certificate. Just wondering if I can delete or if its part of the package even though I intentionally wanted to remove all creative drivers this time around just for comparison or contrast. Otherwise the only audio processes are related to DAX API which is what I expected. Driver storedid not show any Creative and I used DDU to remove soundblaster so its a little odd. Thoughts?

Fx7

For anyone using 5.1, you can get virtual sides, normally only with analogue, but with a trick in the driver, also SPDIF.
Set the output as 7.1, and disable the side speakers, this tells Windows to handle 8 channels as 6.

View attachment 201698

@Alan Finotty

\EP\0,%PKEY_AudioEndpoint_FullRangeSpeakers%,%REG_DWORD%,0x0000063f
\EP\0,%PKEY_AudioEndpoint_PhysicalSpeakers%,%REG_DWORD%,0x0000003f

View attachment 201702

View attachment 201699

Near enough, 37mbps PCM input.
@Ferather this is exactly what i want to do. Where do I add these values on which drive? I don't want to hear the additional sounds of 7.1 when using 5.1. but when using SPDIF in all the drivers here, the speker setup does not appear on the screen. I can already make this change while using SPDIF on my desktop computer with "creative sonblaster z" installed, it would be great if I could do this with a realtek driver on the notebook I am using right now.

Last edited:

tisusbr

Is there any way I can decode dolby pro logic II on my ALC1220. I'm trying everything. Driver download already unlocked dolby ata appears. however it does not work. I don't have an external receiver for my 5.1.

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9215.1

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: This driverpack isn't eligible for USB-based Realtek audio chips.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

If Dolby Atmos again insists not to install, here are the packages for installation.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

If Dolby Atmos again insists not to install, here are the packages for installation.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Can't start
Black screen

RECOMMENDATION:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
error :(

Attachments

• 2021-08-22_160406.png
    2021-08-22_160406.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
  • 2021-08-22_164554.png
    2021-08-22_164554.png
    1 MB · Views: 113
  • 2021-08-22_164607.png
    2021-08-22_164607.png
    527.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 2021-08-22_164628.png
    2021-08-22_164628.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 111

Fx7

Can't start
Black screen

error :(
me too.
first the dts ultra software is broken. the software opens and closes without loading the content window. Then I started to experience the same situation in sonic. The same situation happened many times after uninstall. I had to restore it a few days ago with system restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.