• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell Workstation Owners Club

System Name Dell T620
Processor 2x E5-2697 v2
Motherboard Dell v6 G1CNH
Cooling Stock
Memory 256GB
Video Card(s) Onboard currently
Storage N/A
Display(s) 1 x 27" 4K
Case Default OEM
Power Supply 2x 1100watt
Well, you want to put it back. That is the clear CMOS settings jumper. Dell just words it funny.
Right now I have it on the pwd jumper, there shouldn't be a jumper on the RTC Reset Jumper, correct?

Right now I have it on the pwd jumper, there shouldn't be a jumper on the RTC Reset Jumper, correct?
See the photo. This is how mine are setup.
IMG_20210903_182011.jpg

So if this is how you have it, that is the default. This is on my T3500. The T550 and T7500 should also have the same default setting.

System Name Dell T620
Processor 2x E5-2697 v2
Cooling Stock
Memory 256GB
Storage N/A
Display(s) 1 x 27" 4K
Case Default OEM
Power Supply 2x 1100watt
See the photo. This is how mine are setup.
View attachment 215389
So if this is how you have it, that is the default. This is on my T3500. The T550 and T7500 should also have the same default setting.
Thanks, because of recent issues I have decided to trash my T5500, its just giving me too many weird issues.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

System Name Dell T620
Processor 2x E5-2697 v2
Cooling Stock
Memory 256GB
Storage N/A
Display(s) 1 x 27" 4K
Case Default OEM
Power Supply 2x 1100watt
That's saddening. At least harvest all the parts. You could buy a replacement mobo..
I've done that already, plus I was able to get a free replacement dell t620 mobo, so will be getting another t620 to build up.

I took out the ram and cpu's, which I will sell.

yakup38

Hello Guys, i know it is an old post but i'm having very similar problem as crazydrve i.e. getting "Memory failure detected on Riser DIMM 2" after having upgraded CPUs.
After getting this error I've tried classical things but at some point according to an advice i've pushed a bit the riser so that it seats well all the way down which bent one of the pin on one of the riser connector.
Finally, i've fixed it and it is now straight again...however i'm still having the error message...As per this post, i saw there could also be pin bent on the cpu socket, here I'm attaching an image I did check but seems OK to me in case I've missed any bent pin.

Thx in advance for your help !

Okay, after double checking the picture i noticed there were indeed some bent pins that i've just re-seat correctly and error is gone.
If it can help someone else ..i'm still attaching the pics with bent pins.

Attachments

• IMG_20210910_142123.jpg
    IMG_20210910_142123.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
  • bent_pins.jpeg
    bent_pins.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 98

gentooza

Hello,

Can anyone confirm power cable pinout and power switch pin locations for T7600 motherboard?

Hello Guys, i know it is an old post but i'm having very similar problem as crazydrve i.e. getting "Memory failure detected on Riser DIMM 2" after having upgraded CPUs.
After getting this error I've tried classical things but at some point according to an advice i've pushed a bit the riser so that it seats well all the way down which bent one of the pin on one of the riser connector.
Finally, i've fixed it and it is now straight again...however i'm still having the error message...As per this post, i saw there could also be pin bent on the cpu socket, here I'm attaching an image I did check but seems OK to me in case I've missed any bent pin.

Thx in advance for your help !

Okay, after double checking the picture i noticed there were indeed some bent pins that i've just re-seat correctly and error is gone.
If it can help someone else ..i'm still attaching the pics with bent pins.
Looks like you helped yourself on that one.

Still welcome to TPU!

Hello,

Can anyone confirm power cable pinout and power switch pin locations for T7600 motherboard?
This will be a good place to start.
I'll be in the Owners Manual if it's on Dell's website.

Also welcome to TPU!

gentooza

Thanks, did already check the various documents on dell website but none of them document this information.

It does label "remote power enable" on the motherboard, which may potentially be useful in place of the power pins, but I'm not finding much info on how dells "remote power" for these works either.

Decided to just go ahead and try, it seems th at the "remote power enable" does in fact actually just operate as an on/off switch of sorts (short once to turn on, short again to turn off)
And that the power pinout attached seems to work... At least to get the machine posting, will try later to see if it works beyond that.

1631859415703.png

Thanks, did already check the various documents on dell website but none of them document this information.

It does label "remote power enable" on the motherboard, which may potentially be useful in place of the power pins, but I'm not finding much info on how dells "remote power" for these works either.

Decided to just go ahead and try, it seems th at the "remote power enable" does in fact actually just operate as an on/off switch of sorts (short once to turn on, short again to turn off)
And that the power pinout attached seems to work... At least to get the machine posting, will try later to see if it works beyond that.

View attachment 217226
Nice find!

gentooza

With it configured like this it powers on cpus (can feel heat), cpu fans, 1 of the two ethernet ports and the graphics card fan, but I get nothing on display and numlock won't toggle on keyboard (so it seems to me its not reaching main BIOS).

So close but still not quite there, wonder what else I might be missing here...

With it configured like this it powers on cpus (can feel heat), cpu fans, 1 of the two ethernet ports and the graphics card fan, but I get nothing on display and numlock won't toggle on keyboard (so it seems to me its not reaching main BIOS).

So close but still not quite there, wonder what else I might be missing here...
Turns out I just needed to remove the battery and do a BIOS reset

Processor Ryzen 2600
Motherboard ASUS B450 Prime Plus
Cooling Factory AMD Cooler
Memory 16GB Corsair LPX
Video Card(s) 2060 ASUS OC
Power Supply Corsair CS650M
Mouse Steel Series
Hello, I'm a owner of a Dell T5500 Board. My father brought in this computer to build a project out of with the case alone (for my brother to have a computer) so we modified the case. Now I can't use that case so I only have the motherboard and the power supply that came out of it. I wanted to do some research to see if its worth making this computer a thing again so I come here. I see many build projects out of this so i thought to myself why the heck not? I'm a fan of DIY and computers. So I came here to ask questions about this computer I have in my hands. 1. I don't know the history of this computer since it came from a scrapyard (They took the processors and the ram, Hard Drive) is there any way possible to test if this computer is alive? I've turned it on once and all lights would be blinking from the Front panel connectors. 2. Does anyone know what kind of thread screws the torx screws want from the Thing that holds the processor? (I want to put a huge Noctua in it) 3. Where do people connect the CPU cooler fans? 4. Can I put any kind of Power supply that is of 875w or higher? 5. What are common issues with this particular Board? 6. Can it run any GPU especially modern ones like a 3060? 7. For the second processor (The Riser) is it possible to fit a aftermarket heatsink? 7. The North Bridge and the South Bridge chipsets is there a better cooling solutions for these or are the OEM coolers enough? 8. Is it possible to do a BIOS update without its processor/ram ?

Hello! Welcome to TPU!
I'm a owner of a Dell T5500 Board. My father brought in this computer to build a project out of with the case alone (for my brother to have a computer) so we modified the case. Now I can't use that case so I only have the motherboard and the power supply that came out of it. I wanted to do some research to see if its worth making this computer a thing again so I come here. I see many build projects out of this so i thought to myself why the heck not? I'm a fan of DIY and computers. So I came here to ask questions about this computer I have in my hands.
It is worth it if you're willing to put some time and effort into it. You'll need a few parts. Depending on where in the world you live, those part may or may not be easy to come by. So let get started.
1. I don't know the history of this computer since it came from a scrapyard (They took the processors and the ram, Hard Drive) is there any way possible to test if this computer is alive?
As you already have the PSU, you will need at least 1 stick of ddr3 ram, a cpu/heatsink, a keyboard & mouse and a GPU for it. You'll also need to be able to jump the power pins on the board to turn it on and off.
As shown in the picture below, you'll need to short the two pins taken up by the switch header shown;
(Image courtesy of the Dell forums)
t5500powerpinconnecter.jpg

t5500powerpinconnecter02.jpg

If you do a post test and you can get into the BIOS, you likely have a working board. Just an FYI, the T5500 motherboard is, as you can see, a big boy. You'll need to buy a case that will fit EATX motherboards. If you can get this far, come back and we'll help you get the rest of the way!

Processor Ryzen 2600
Memory 16GB Corsair LPX
Mouse Steel Series
Hello! Welcome to TPU!

It is worth it if you're willing to put some time and effort into it. You'll need a few parts. Depending on where in the world you live, those part may or may not be easy to come by. So let get started.

As you already have the PSU, you will need at least 1 stick of ddr3 ram, a cpu/heatsink, a keyboard & mouse and a GPU for it. You'll also need to be able to jump the power pins on the board to turn it on and off.
As shown in the picture below, you'll need to short the two pins taken up by the switch header shown;
(Image courtesy of the Dell forums)
View attachment 219372
View attachment 219374

If you do a post test and you can get into the BIOS, you likely have a working board. Just an FYI, the T5500 motherboard is, as you can see, a big boy. You'll need to buy a case that will fit EATX motherboards. If you can get this far, come back and we'll help you get the rest of the way!
I don't understand why I need to turn it off and on? Is it because I want to buy a aftermarket PSU? I'm either going to buy a server 4U case for it or a ATX case or 3D Print one (which would take time) I plan to use this as a server if the board isnt dead. I brought 12GB of ECC Ram, OEM Heatsink, x5980 that came in a bundle which will arrive in some days.

Processor Ryzen 2600
Memory 16GB Corsair LPX
Mouse Steel Series
To test it? Unless you know that it work properly already.
Whats jumping going to do? I never have done it before so it sounds freighting to me. As far as I can tell plugging it in and turning it on via Power button leaves all lights blinking when running

To test it? Unless you know that it work properly already.
wait I'm stupid. Just noticed your Power Off and On Connectors in the picture above. Now I understand, but I want to use the OEM Power ON/OFF since I have it here with me. So the computer does what I stated above

Whats jumping going to do? I never have done it before so it sounds freighting to me. As far as I can tell plugging it in and turning it on via Power button leaves all lights blinking when running

wait I'm stupid. Just noticed your Power Off and On Connectors in the picture above. Now I understand, but I want to use the OEM Power ON/OFF since I have it here with me. So the computer does what I stated above
Ah, cool. So you've got parts on the way and you're ready for a build. Let us know if you need some help putting it all together. As there seems to be a slight language barrier situation, be at the ready with your camera to take picture and post them here(use the "Attach files" button right below the reply field.

Processor Ryzen 2600
Memory 16GB Corsair LPX
Mouse Steel Series
Ah, cool. So you've got parts on the way and you're ready for a build. Let us know if you need some help putting it all together. As there seems to be a slight language barrier situation, be at the ready with your camera to take picture and post them here(use the "Attach files" button right below the reply field.
Will Do, I will be back incase of any questions or problems once the Ram and Processor is here. I have a spare GPU that was in a old Dell Vostro

rdizzle321

That's a solid config. Do you need more? If so, go for 4GB REG-ECC DIMMs. They're cheap and will work with your system. 3x4GB for each CPU will likely be more than you really ever need. For example;
Perfect kit for that system! $41 shipped and from a good seller.

Don't worry to much, you didn't hurt anything, it just won't run with mixed RAM types.

This. A pair of these would make that system leaps and bounds more powerful without breaking the bank or creating a lot of heat.
$24 shipped so for $48 you have a solid upgrade set. These with the ram kit above and you'll have a bit of a power-house on your hands.

BTW, Welcome to TPU!

Hello

Reupping an old comment as I have a new follow-up question. My T5500 server has been working great overall for the light touch gaming I do. I am now hoping to use my 1060 GPU, the X5675 and the 48GB of RAM I bought to play D2-Resurrected. Right now there's an issue because the game doesn't support non-AVX processors. They are working on a patch, but I am curious if the baseline T5500 Mobo has any support for newer processors that would have AVX? I'm ok with spending to upgrade if I have to, so just covering my bases.

Diablo 2 is special to me (and many others) so I *need* to play this :D. Let me know if the mobo could support a newer AVX processor if you don't mind please?

thanks again for all the wonderful support over the last 10 months with my new toy (even though I'm a bit of a newb)

I am curious if the baseline T5500 Mobo has any support for newer processors that would have AVX?
Unfortunately no. No CPU in the Socket 1366 lineup has AVX.
Let me know if the mobo could support a newer AVX processor if you don't mind please?
You'd need to upgrade to Intel Socket 2011 or Ryzen to get AVX.
Diablo 2 is special to me (and many others) so I *need* to play this :D.
Cyberpunk2077 users who had 1366 CPU had the same problem until CDPR patched it. So if you know they're working on a patch, be patient for it.

Processor Ryzen 2600
Memory 16GB Corsair LPX
Mouse Steel Series
(The Picture under is from a user here who posted not my picture) How does he have a second connector for the heatsink chipset that has no fan? Here he has a aftermarket heatsink with a fan connected. my T5500 board does not have one and ive went to buy a small fan to try and do the same he did here. The fan i got from micro center

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 133
Processor Ryzen 2600
Memory 16GB Corsair LPX
Mouse Steel Series
If you're talking about the fan connectors right there in front, those are for the front panel fans that mount on the chassis.

That should work well! Hope it's not too noisy though..
I am talking about not having a second FAN_ION for one of the chipset bridges. I want to add a small fan to cool it

These are pictures of my motherboard which is from a T5500 but does not have the connector for the fan on one of the bridges. Is it possible to get the part and solder it? I really hate the heat the aluminum produces. makes me feel bad running it. The picture Labeled T5500 BOARD1.jpg isnt mine its one I found on the internet that has the Fan and the connector that my Board (the last 3 pictures) Does not have

Attachments

• T5500 BOARD1.jpg
    T5500 BOARD1.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 20211006_232324.jpg
    20211006_232324.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 194
  • 20211007_0012011.jpg
    20211007_0012011.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 234
  • 20211007_0011377.jpg
    20211007_0011377.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 242
Last edited:
The heat sink in question doesn't put off enough heat to be a concern, I wouldn't worry to much about it. But mounting a fan won't hurt it either. You just need a molex to 3pin adapter if you do.

Processor Ryzen 2600
Memory 16GB Corsair LPX
Mouse Steel Series
The heat sink in question doesn't put off enough heat to be a concern, I wouldn't worry to much about it. But mounting a fan won't hurt it either. You just need a molex to 3pin adapter if you do.
Can you link me to one on ebay? So i can get an idea of what I'm searching for