• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

sirok-

Скажите вы бы не могли создать видео по дополнительным настройкам

@Hearick, as far as I can tell, the Sound Unbound one in Win11 is the standalone version of what we have with DTS:X Ultra.
Home theatre in SU might include DTS:X metadata out, however, not sure what they are doing with it ATM.

Either way it should be PCM processing, unless they intend to add a DTS:X transcoder.

1631346147934.png

----

Sound Unbound can be used on any device with or without programmed DTS SFX, MFX, EFX.
You can buy and use it with Creative for example, retail is not restricted.

----

I have unlocked Realtek SPDIF by default, HDMI must be programmed via DTS Settings (video).
If you have Realtek HDMI, you don't need to program anything, only 3rd party.

DTS Settings Image 1, DTS Settings Image 2.

1631365388213.png

====

@sirok-, video on advanced settings, do you mean the policy editor? See here if so.

====

Potplayer Preset update, it's setup as directsound on bitstreaming, change to WASAPI (exclusive) if needed.
Unsupported formats will-should be decompressed to PCM, and played as normal, enjoy.

Reset Potplayer (Preferences > Reset), close it then double click the preset.reg.

DTS Trailers - The Digital Theater, Dolby Trailers - The Digital Theater

Last edited:
============================================

DTS DCH 6.0.9228.1 (Signed)

To install-update the drivers, right click uninstall the device in 'device manager', tick 'delete driver', pnputil to remove the extension (see here).
In 'device manager' again, in 'system devices' disable 'High Definition Audio', I have two and its the first one, restart*, install, enable.

Fantastic dude. With software I got a hardware upgrade. Thank you. Sounds like brand new headphones

I'm only posting Boom3D and DTS updates, not bothering with the Realtek ones unless someone has an issue.

Enjoy!

I'm only posting Boom3D and DTS updates, not bothering with the Realtek ones unless someone has an issue.

Enjoy!

I'm a little lost with the Ultra Preset. There are many of them. I guess they are all very hardware specific and calibrated so for me with a generic pair of headphones it would be more damaging to install some of them, right?

No, you can use any preset you like, no damage will be caused, just will sound different, for example a laptop with a specific brand and model of speakers.
I deleted the Ferather preset I uploaded, the newest version is in /EXT of this driver package, if you want the files.

====

Tips and tricks for SPDIF and HDMI, DTS:X Ultra Home Theatre

If you are using 2-6 channels (not using 8 channels, 7.1, at all), you can modify SFX to enable up to 6 channel processing, and any effects.

Navigate to: C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x, and copy the preset.xml to your desktop or other folder location.
Open the .xml (with notepad if needed), find the SFX instance, you will need to replace all of them.

Replace "Any" "Stereo" to "Any" "Any", save the file, and replace the original .xml file.

1.png

I3DA - 3D Spatial, DE - Dynamic expansion, LC - Loudness control

----

I noticed the Ultra app can add-edit mode data, and can cause an issue if 'Speakers' or 'Headphones' is not shown at the bottom.
If the device is dedicated to multichannel, you can reg lock ultra, preventing it from saving any edits, or causing issues.

Open regedit and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTS\APO, use FX config for the ID.
Delete all the mode data and set the init to 0, see the example below, then restart the PC.

1631605117301.png

Open regedit again, then right click the ID key (looks like a folder), and select permissions, and set only you.

1631605308801.png

Data from the .xml is loaded at all times, no Ultra app edits.

====

Reminder: I don't make DTS technology, buy a license.

Last edited:
Boom 3D Update [v1.2.4]: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vi0lynp6yfa0ykk/Boom_3D.7z/file
Perfect addition for stereo lovers, includes instructions.
Thank you again for giving us Boom, but I uninstalled it. First, I think there is an auto-update function in there that I did not see and it tried to update itself. If you try to put the pached version back in, it will only trey to reinstall the update or close the app if you don't install the update. So I uninstalled the application. However, when running regedit, I found nearly 100 entries of the file in many locations. Too many for me.

But I do appreciate you providing another option for us.

I see sorry about that, I will see if I can do anything about it, and let you know.

You can disable auto-updates via settings, let me know if that works.

Last edited:
Optional update for HDV-MB01, if you get a problem with the driver and your GPU, uninstall it and use the native settings.
Either way, the unit can be programmed using FX config or the 'DTS Settings' reg files.

If needed: Use FX Config, and properties so it opens a power version of 'regedit', then file > import.

1631887023304.png
1631887101700.png

System Name FireBreather
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard CrossHair Extreme x670E
Cooling Asus RoG Strix LC2 360 AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL30-40-40-96 1.40
Video Card(s) 7900 XTX Taichi
Storage 3x- PCI-E 4.0 Nvme 2TB 7GB/s - 2TB N7 USB-3.1 Nvme 1GB/s
Display(s) ASUS - VG259QM 2k 280hz HDR - LG-C1 4K 120hz OLED with Dobly vison
Case ROG Helios
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX ALC4082 codec, and an integrated ESS® ES9218 quad DAC
Power Supply HX1500i - 1500Watt
Mouse Corsair Dark Core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 pro
Benchmark Scores Time spy - 29000 Port Royal - 17500 Cinabench R23 - ST = 2150 MT = 40000
Optional update for HDV-MB01, if you get a problem with the driver and your GPU, uninstall it and use the native settings.
Either way, the unit can be programmed using FX config or the 'DTS Settings' reg files.

If needed: Use FX Config, and properties so it opens a power version of 'regedit', then file > import.

View attachment 217252
View attachment 217253
how dose home theater sound compared to dts? and what is its bit rate

I have not tried it to be honest, I can say 6.0.9228.1 SPDIF is as good as HDMI, so at the moment I am up and down with my extractor.
Also, if you disable the DTS Service startup then reboot, you will notice an audio quality drop even with multichannel.

----

With Potplayer you can also disable bitstream and decode all audio to PCM.

----

Updated.

Last edited:

Fx7

Thank you again for giving us Boom, but I uninstalled it. First, I think there is an auto-update function in there that I did not see and it tried to update itself. If you try to put the pached version back in, it will only trey to reinstall the update or close the app if you don't install the update. So I uninstalled the application. However, when running regedit, I found nearly 100 entries of the file in many locations. Too many for me.

But I do appreciate you providing another option for us.
Boom 3D
I wish you never hit the update button. I guess the problem came from that. but it's cunningly prepared, you can turn off the automatic update from the menu. but when you open the program for the first time, an update notification and button appear on the screen. It is possible to press it by accident. By the way, as the program is updated, you can access the patched version from torrent sites. give the product a little more chance. buy it if you like it. It is not very expensive software. I'm thinking of buying it after a while.

Thank you very much @Ferather , I learned about this software thanks to you. it works very well for me, the equalizer features are great, moreover, it creates surrond for 5.1 effortlessly. The bluetooh headset, which sounds bad on the pc I use on my phone, now gives a much better sound. (I created a special profile for my bluetooth headset on the program.)

It is indeed much easier to buy it (or wait for a sale), and you can update-reinstall all you like, same for Sound Unbound, the companies need funding else they can't exist.
I'm doing 'DTS:X Ultra' because of the high class processing and sound restoration, and because you cant buy it from the store :(

You are welcome, enjoy your ALC Pro DTS:X Edition, and on other HDAUDIO devices.

----

Turns out my older AMD GPU has no hardware DSP, exactly like most Realtek ALC's, the APO's are essentially software DSP's.
If you have a hardware DSP-Other with your GPU, then the DTS software DSP should be very amazing.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the SPDIF on HDV-MB01 is 1:1 perfect.

Last edited:
Hello.What DTS X and DTS Ultra not working with Waves APO on my notebook - Dell 3538?
Only DTS X work and Only Waves work.
Ferather - make please work DTS X work with Waves APO together.
Thanks

You would need to install the Dell driver to get waves, then use FX config and copy all the SFX, MFX, EFX keys.
Then install DTS DCH over the driver, and add Waves via FX config, tinker with positioning.

I am only supplying DTS APO, not Waves APO. The driver is unlocked and supports almost all APO's.
You will need the files, registration, other data and then apply it (requires experience).

You would need to install the Dell driver to get waves, then use FX config and copy all the SFX, MFX, EFX keys.
Then install DTS DCH over the driver, and add Waves via FX config, tinker with positioning.

I am only supplying DTS APO, not Waves APO. The driver is unlocked and supports almost all APO's.
You will need the files, registration, other data and then apply it (requires experience).
Give me modded inf or modded Driver with Waves APO please.
In PM ... Thanks

I am happy with 6.0.9228.1, the SPDIF hardware with my ALC 889 is spot on, shame about the Realtek codec (chip). I setup my AMD GPU the same as the ALC 889, Realtek-DTS APO.
I still get 10% better audio from the AMD R7, and its got nothing to do with hardware or software DSP's. I also noticed policy settings that fix quality with some ALC's.

Conclusion, with DTS Interactive, neither HDMI nor SPDIF wins, they are they same up to the bitrate, where Toslink can go up to 125mbps.
The major difference will be the quality (up to a point) of the physical hardware (chips, etc), with raw audio.

Bitstreaming: Audio data (compressed, encoded, contained PCM) >> Receiver.
Transcoding: PCM > Audio processor (and any DSP-APO) > Encoder >> Receiver.
Standard: PCM > Audio processor (and any DSP-APO) >> Receiver.

Both my ALC 889, and HDMI Extractor (GPU) did 1,152 total aggregates (PCM, 32 bit) on SPDIF, 6x 192khz, or 8 x 96khz.

====

I noticed Windows can load the EDID driver at the wrong time on boot and crash, here is a bypass (disable on shutdown-restart, enable on login).

Edit the .bat files with your monitor instance (see below), then copy the folder 'Fixes' to C:\Windows\
Using 'Task Scheduler', create a folder called 'Fixes' and import both .xml files.

1.png
2.png
3.png

Feel free to change the enable (on) trigger to startup.

====

1632343037484.png

Last edited:
Realtek APO update (download):

Slightly better symbols and bass, first stop the audio and endpoint service, then replace the file in: C:\Windows\System32\
If needed, stop the two Realtek services in 'Processes' of 'Task Manager', after the replace, restart the pc.

If you have issues terminating, use command prompt as admin: net stop SERVICENAME

1.png
1632480835978.png

----

Potplayer Preset (download):

Open Potplayer, go to preferences, reset it, then close it, double click the .reg preset.

> Disabled bitstreaming (will decode), set the default bit to 32 bit float.

1632481161988.png
1632500707824.png

Last edited:
Realtek APO update (download):

Slightly better symbols and bass, first stop the audio and endpoint service, then replace the file in: C:\Windows\System32\
If needed, stop the two Realtek services in 'Processes' of 'Task Manager', after the replace, restart the pc.

If you have issues terminating, use command prompt as admin: net stop SERVICENAME

View attachment 218059
View attachment 218060

----

Potplayer Preset (download):

Open Potplayer, go to preferences, reset it, then close it, double click the .reg preset.

> Disabled bitstreaming (will decode), set the default bit to 32 bit float.

View attachment 218061
Hello ! Upload please modded ini file for FX Configurator - For DTS X and Waves APO! For work together. Thanks

Equalizer APO DTS Preset (download):

I setup this one for better use with this driver, feel free to modify it to suit, you can set the upmixer to detect 6 channels, this will force upmix YouTube-other.
Normally YouTube and other online services, such as streaming sites, tend to enhance the bass for stereo use, use -12 to -14 LFE if needed.

The normal install and setup instructions are here, you need only pre-mix SFX/MFX, no post mix.

1632571317361.png
1632571370608.png

DTS DCH 6.0.9231.1 (Signed)

Features: DTS:X Ultra, DTS Headphones:X v2, DTS Interactive:X (APO4).

Main directory: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9yrokjhyh2slx/DTS_DCH_Drivers
Apps: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tk7ola8b5j6xt/DTS_UWP_Appx

To install-update the drivers, right click uninstall the device in 'device manager', tick 'delete driver', pnputil to remove the extension (see here).
In 'device manager' again, in 'system devices' disable 'High Definition Audio', I have two and its the first one, restart*, install, enable.

* Make sure you run CCleaner registry cleaner a few times, and remove any apps before restarting.

System Devices.png

----

See '\TOOLS\' for extra steps to unlock more features, settings, via the Realtek policy editor (RTK Device Tool.txt).
Enable 'Stereo Mix', mute the stream, then set it to play to the device, to keep the encoder always on.

----

Known issues: Some digital output devices are not detected properly with Ultra when in stereo output mode.
Workaround: Switch to speakers-headphones then back each startup (or use VB cable, other).

Some VPN's software may block the APO4 service, and need configuring.

----

https://ibb.co/ZG3cC4S | https://ibb.co/L0gD9Q7 | https://ibb.co/477T74G | https://ibb.co/MVgzT5s

----

DTS settings can be used to setup another device, or set SPDIF to stereo mode.

https://ibb.co/bW0y3cG | https://ibb.co/CmLK7KR | https://ibb.co/0QZFqbc

====

Changes: Fixed a delay and volume issue caused by DTS SFX (temporarily disabled, pending update).
Note: Feel free to remove any Realtek SFX, MFX, EFX points using FX config (if preferred).

Enjoy ALC Pro DTS:X Edition.

If you installed the driver offline, or did not uninstall the apps before remove-update, after a fresh boot with internet, restart the 'DTS APO4 Service' and wait 10 seconds for load (wait for 0% CPU).
After that open the ultra app, and again wait for about 10 seconds, then close the app and restart your computer, the license should now activate fully rather than just validate.

If you are using stereo you probably don't need to do this step, although you can if you want to, it mostly effects the above (first line) + multichannel.

1632996528223.png

----

Updated the default provided policy, here is a video to make your own.

System Name Snk3 PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport AT Gray 2x8GB 2666MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Storage Crucial BX500 SSD 240GB + Western Digital HDD 3TB + XrayDisk NVME 256GB
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Audio Device(s) Logitech G933 AS Snow + OneOdio A71 + Samsung HT-C550
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
Software Windows 10 PRO 21H1
Hi Ferather, I'm using a Q600A connected to my pc through HDMI of my RX580 card, do you know how can I activate Dolby Atmos for Home Theater? The option is there but I can't choose it and I can't set speakers config to Dolby Atmos.

Captura de tela 2021-10-01 183522.png

Captura de tela 2021-10-01 183815.png

If you go to advanced and select Dolby from the drop down, it should take you to the store page to download Access.