• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2022-X58/1366 PIN Motherboards NVME M.2 SSD BIOS MOD Collection

Esch

You don't need to use Ismail s bios as a base. I modded my official bios directly
Yes, am using the OG Gigabyte BIOS file to start with a clean slate. Unfortunately no luck using the OpenNVMe.bin NVMe entry currently. All looks good, hex editing offset 20 (reversing VEN and DEV bits), checksum all good, and adding the updated bin to the BIOS works fine... but the BIOS doesn't list the NVMe still. Will try the 950 bat and see if that does the trick.

kostac

clear cmos after flashing. Also don't select raid mode in sata options because in my case the NVMe disappears if I do so. It's only available in ide or ahci modes. I don't know if this is just me or a general state.
Anyway try the sm950.bin or ss950.bin if the one you used already doesn't work. You have probably already found the links for those two

sgk008

hello I take the liberty of writing to you already to congratulate you on the work that you are doing incredibly brilliantly.
I have installed your bios mod on my motherboard pt6 ws pro but when I launch the installation of windows 10 it tells me that the nvme m.2 disk I cannot install on this disk can you help me if it is possible?

galactic00s

hello I take the liberty of writing to you already to congratulate you on the work that you are doing incredibly brilliantly.
I have installed your bios mod on my motherboard pt6 ws pro but when I launch the installation of windows 10 it tells me that the nvme m.2 disk I cannot install on this disk can you help me if it is possible?
i think you need to format into MBR style and not GPT, cause our platform wont recognize GPT disk, the only way you can boot GPT disk is with Opencore and other UEFI booting software

sgk008

i think you need to format into MBR style and not GPT, cause our platform wont recognize GPT disk, the only way you can boot GPT disk is with Opencore and other UEFI booting software

thank you for answering me i will try to format it in mbr. but questions is that the bios will recognize my nvme m.2

Esch

clear cmos after flashing. Also don't select raid mode in sata options because in my case the NVMe disappears if I do so. It's only available in ide or ahci modes. I don't know if this is just me or a general state.
Anyway try the sm950.bin or ss950.bin if the one you used already doesn't work. You have probably already found the links for those two
I might be giving up... I tried all three bins without success. I disabled SATA ports, minus the main ports (all AHCI), disconnected most disks to check for conflicts (all my SSDs and the NVMe are Micron/Crucial), but no dice. Seems like my trusty UD5 Rev 2 doesn't want to play ball. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a user issue but at that stage and two days into making this work I'm at a loss. Thanks tho for your help and responses, appreciate it.

/edit: I got the NVMe to show in the BIOS. I had to go back a few BIOS versions (last non Beta version, FD 2011/02/01), plus the SS950.bin for it to work. This was a heavy birth, but absolutely delighted my trusty x58 board was able to pull out maybe its final trump card.

Last edited:

kostac

I might be giving up... I tried all three bins without success. I disabled SATA ports, minus the main ports (all AHCI), disconnected most disks to check for conflicts (all my SSDs and the NVMe are Micron/Crucial), but no dice. Seems like my trusty UD5 Rev 2 doesn't want to play ball. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a user issue but at that stage and two days into making this work I'm at a loss. Thanks tho for your help and responses, appreciate it.

/edit: I got the NVMe to show in the BIOS. I had to go back a few BIOS versions (last non Beta version, FD 2011/02/01), plus the SS950.bin for it to work. This was a heavy birth, but absolutely delighted my trusty x58 board was able to pull out maybe its final trump card.
Try F13 with sm950pro.bin, cs_fix andcbrom_155.

What are your id's?

Esch

Try F13 with sm950pro.bin, cs_fix andcbrom_155.

What are your id's?
All seems to work now! Just installed Win 10 on the NVMe, no issues. It seems that the latest two BIOS for the GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) board don't work with any bin; at least for me that is. There's no F13 version for this particular board (latest is FF1), but with FD and the SS950.bin the BIOS was able to detect my Crucial NVMe. Now I haven't tested this BIOS version with the OpenNVMe bin, but since it boots with the SS950 I won't be touching the BIOS again for a while. Just pleased I don't have to use DUET and Refind...

And yes, I used cbrom_155 as it was the recommended version for Gigabyte boards and followed all the other steps in the Russian how-to.

ninoct13

Salve, ho seguito la guida da voi indicata riuscendo ad inserire i dati del mio crucial p3plus nel BIOS con MMtools, ma non me lo fa vedere nel bios.. a breve proverò con il bios aggiornato con solo il micro processore code , seguo con interesse i vari post...non riesco a disabilitare il raid perchè ho 2hd raided sul mio pc...oppure posso provare a disabilitare il raid? Qualcuno con ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 e chi ha avuto successo può aiutarmi?

kostac

All seems to work now! Just installed Win 10 on the NVMe, no issues. It seems that the latest two BIOS for the GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) board don't work with any bin; at least for me that is. There's no F13 version for this particular board (latest is FF1), but with FD and the SS950.bin the BIOS was able to detect my Crucial NVMe. Now I haven't tested this BIOS version with the OpenNVMe bin, but since it boots with the SS950 I won't be touching the BIOS again for a while. Just pleased I don't have to use DUET and Refind...

And yes, I used cbrom_155 as it was the recommended version for Gigabyte boards and followed all the other steps in the Russian how-to.
Give sm950pro.bin a go tomorrow with the final bios. if it doesn't work out flash the ones that work again. Or even better save those as the backup bios and try the latest. You won't have to reinstall windows.
Also you should upgrade to 11's, soooo much better

Esch

Give sm950pro.bin a go tomorrow with the final bios. if it doesn't work out flash the ones that work again. Or even better save those as the backup bios and try the latest. You won't have to reinstall windows.
Also you should upgrade to 11's, soooo much better
Yeah, might give it a go tomorrow... to your point, the one that works now is a good backup. Re Win 11, haven't looked into the whole GPT vs MBR stuff yet. Currently it's all configured as MBR for Win 10. Got any pointers to upgrade this system to Win 11?

sgk008

hello friends here after installing the ismailTPC_Hastanesi mod on my p6t ws pro motherboard with vnme m.2 disk the bios does not recognize any vnme m.2 disk when I run the windows installation it tells me that the bios does not recognize the vnme disk so it doesn't work this mod for the p6t ws pro motherboard I tried several things but nothing worked through clover, with clover it works.

Icône de validation par la communauté

Icône de validation par la communauté

Last edited:

Makuzy

ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME

Test : WD blue SA510 1To SSD before migration Windows 10 to Kingston
Test after migration Windows 10: Kingston SNV2S 1To NVME M.2 SSD
Thank You for Bringing my old pc back to life

Attachments

• WD.png
    WD.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 75
  • KINSTON.png
    KINSTON.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 67
System Name Master & Blaster & BlastFromThePast
Processor Xeon 1241v3 *103x39 | Xeon L5408 @3.2GHz | P4 2.8 GHz
Motherboard Z97 PRO-GAMER / P45-DS3R | P4MDPT
Cooling Freezer / S775 Copper / S478 Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3-2270 / 8 GB DDR2-800 / 2GB DDR PC3200
Video Card(s) Nitro RX570 8GB 1411 MHz| HD 5770 | Radeon 9600 XT 128 MB
Storage NVME 250+1TB SM2263XT | 256 GB SM2259XT | IDE 250GB
Display(s) MANY
Case SANDBLASTED
Power Supply APS-550 Cap-Modded / 350W Cap-modded
The NVME disks are either 2x or x4, a PCIE X8 Adapter wont make a difference. The benefit of X8 Adapters that split into X4-X4 is that with Bios BI-FURC support you can use 2 NVME disks. The BI-FURC support was limited to Server chipsets and some other more expensive like the X99. The simple X8 (x4-x4) adapters that don't do BI-FURC are cheap 20-30$, the ones that do BI-FURC are way more expensive like 150-200$.

There are even X16 Cards that split into X4-X4-X4-X4 for 4 nvme drives, the ones that do BI-FURC most likely use PLX chips that make them very expensive. Its wiser to simply go upgrade to a new platform.
Example No BI-FURC X16 card from asus.

Last edited:

ninoct13

Bitte Testen und Rückmeldung.

Ti ringrazio! fast23, voi e tutti per il lavoro svolto, anche se ci sono problemi più seri al mondo... Finalmente il mio asus sabertooth x58 ha riconosciuto nel bios il cruciale p3 plus su cui ho installato e reso avviabile windows 10!.. ho usato i vostri files avete gentilmente postato..grazie!! cosa non capisco cosa stavo sbagliando, perché esaminando con MMtools i file sembrano uguali, ma quello con i dati di vendita. e deve essere inserito da me, seguendo la guida indicata nel forum russo, non funziona (non vedi il p3 nel bios), ma il tuo si, FUNZIONA!!!

Last edited:

johnwatson

Can you make a BIOS for the HP Z400 system, would really like to see NVME upgrade for the old beast

eclipsetrb

Thank you for your work İsmailTPC_Hastanesi giving new life to older tech is awesome and I know appreciated.

I have an ASUS p6t deluxe v2 that I want to upgrade a bit and give to my son so if possible this will help.

Screenshot_20230313-213122.png
PXL_20230314_001307805.jpg

Acanhado

Thank you İsmailTPC_Hastanesi for everything, it will help a lot of people. So I will be able to use the x58 system for a while longer.

Can anyone tell me which NVME are compatible with the mob Rampage 3 extreme? Thanks for the help.
Once I have the NVME I'll share the tests.

david12344321

i just installed yr bios for my venerable msi x58 pro board in a bedroom gaming pc with a xeon 5670 cpu oc, 18gb ddr3 ram and a amd 8gb rx580 gpu, and booted up win 10 with a spare addlink 1tb nvme drive, im getting 1500+ read/write speeds, brilliant job. i was using a 256mb samsung pro 950 before and seen yr modded bios and took a chance, im glad i did....

MossyCrane

Hello, thank you for your help. Unfortunately, my BIOS is still not detecting this nvme drive. I ran some tests, plugged and unplugged drives and still nothing. Btw, my nvme is not called WD sn 3500, but WD Green SN350 1TB, I mistook the name

Last edited:

eclipsetrb

Thank you for your work İsmailTPC_Hastanesi giving new life to older tech is awesome and I know appreciated.

I have an ASUS p6t deluxe v2 that I want to upgrade a bit and give to my son so if possible this will help.

View attachment 287711View attachment 287712
Went ahead and switched this out with a 970 I had in another system and that worked great. Thanks for the hard work.

89gts

I was wondering if this revised bios helps with an install with windows 11 at all on a normal ssd on an X58 system

eclipsetrb

You will probably need something like ghostspecter win 11 install to get past the tpms requirement. Since I don't know of many x58s that have 2.0. But some do have slots to add in a module.

89gts

You will probably need something like ghostspecter win 11 install to get past the tpms requirement. Since I don't know of many x58s that have 2.0. But some do have slots to add in a module.
I have a Asus Sabertooth x58 that I had successfully installed windows 11 on before but then I started having some freezing issues and did a reformat. I had to revert back to windows 10 during the reformat. It seems like they closed some of the work around a that allowed the registry edits to do a force install. That board doesn’t have the ability to add in a module. I was hoping this bios mod would have some built in workaround also.