• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Modified driver for X-Fi Titanium series sound cards XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0019

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS A520M-K
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix CJR OEM DDR4-3200 @ 4000 20-22-20-48
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Does X-Fi Titanium HD works with this driver?

Very strange. Does the official driver 2.40 also freeze?
no official works fine , it install fine, but it freezes with the SPDIF if I try to change or test sound for it. which I don't need to do. with daniels as he said he fixed it there and I tested.

Last edited:
I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional. But haven't tried using it in 6+ months. But I do remember I had to turn off "memory integrity" in the Windows Security app under "device security">"Core isolation details" for the drivers to install successfully (official or the daniel k drivers). I also wouldn't be surprised if the setting (which is in the same place) "Microsoft Vulnerable Driver Blocklist" could interfere.

Just thought I'd share in case it might help.

Main reason I gave up using my Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional was a bug where it would frequently get stuck in "game mode" with no possible way to change it without restarting. Also randomly losing sound completely and also requiring a restart (not very often though). Basically, just too many bugs for me, plus I didn't like having to turn off security features to install the drivers.

I really wish it weren't the case, would love to be able to use it no problem. Esp since it's the last creative hardware that doesn't just run EAX emulation on the CPU (which is why I can still use the latest version of Alchemy just fine), though of course the software emulation isn't as good as having it use the hardware, but Alchemy is def still by far the best and easiest solution for re-enabling EAX on modern PC's/Windows.

I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional. But haven't tried using it in 6+ months. But I do remember I had to turn off "memory integrity" in the Windows Security app under "device security">"Core isolation details" for the drivers to install successfully (official or the daniel k drivers). I also wouldn't be surprised if the setting (which is in the same place) "Microsoft Vulnerable Driver Blocklist" could interfere.

Just thought I'd share in case it might help.

Main reason I gave up using my Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional was a bug where it would frequently get stuck in "game mode" with no possible way to change it without restarting. Also randomly losing sound completely and also requiring a restart (not very often though). Basically, just too many bugs for me, plus I didn't like having to turn off security features to install the drivers.

I really wish it weren't the case, would love to be able to use it no problem. Esp since it's the last creative hardware that doesn't just run EAX emulation on the CPU (which is why I can still use the latest version of Alchemy just fine), though of course the software emulation isn't as good as having it use the hardware, but Alchemy is def still by far the best and easiest solution for re-enabling EAX on modern PC's/Windows.
I have core isolation always off because it reduces performance.
not sure about the driver blocklist

I used Windows 10 TO GO, and it seems it installed fine here. but it's Windows 10, totally different

I have Kaspersky Antivirus+firewall, could it be causing the freeze on windows 11?

Last edited:
It installed on windows 11 TO GO,

the differences is I have auto update disabled on my main and kaspersky. it could be one of them

So do I need to enable auto update back maybe when I install your driver?
@Antes533 is the windows update driver the same as your driver?

Last edited:
I think windows already install the driver from windows update and if I install the driver over I don't get the notification message about unsigned driver, it worked both on windows 10 and windows 11 I didn't get no notification about the driver, so if I install your driver above the existing driver it might work. I don't understand why I get the unsigned notification with my windows. now windows update doesn't see the driver maybe because it stopped in the middle

How do I install back windows update driver? it doesn't show it now. it only installed it after I did inplace upgrade

K i've managed to install it using the EXE file that install or uninstall the drivers. does it install everything same as the driver installer? I used this

is it exactly the same or I will miss some stuff?

I will add the things I need like the control panel and that's it.
it seems like it doesn't want to open the sound control panel.

EDIT: no still freeze when the driver actually tries to run, can't understand why daniel's and the official drivers works fine, what cause it to freeze on my main os

If I use the official version how do I fix the settings reseting all the times? it always go to 2.1 and SPDIF disabled from the Control panel
1721175994809.png

1721175977085.png

EDIT K I'VE MANAGED TO RUN IT NEEDED TO DISABLE MICROSOFT VULNERABLE DRIVER BLOCKLIST!!

IT DIDN'T FREEZE TILL 47% BUT IT DIDN'T CONTINUE, AFTER I DISABLE THE MICROSOFT DEFENDER ALL PROTECTION IT CONTINUED!

IT STILL FREAKING FREEZES WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS WINDOWS SOUND SPEAKERS THEN FREEZEING EVERYTHING
1721180696898.png

Windows defender detected Trojan I dunno

1721181688724.png

Last edited:
Use the driver that works normally with your sound card
can you add on the 2.17 drivers to be able to change the PCM Signal in creative CP?
Why only on daniels driver we can do it when we disable Headphones Flex Jack with the mod files?

EDIT : I used the Daniels Modde'd files on the original driver installation and it works, I can select the 48Khz but I don't have the Stereo Mix, it works like it's enabled though so it's good.

-The problem is windows changes the Speaker setting to Stereo every restart (Is it possible to fix this?)
I don't need Neo or DD so they are not installed on second picture

+The volume is different is louder on the official Creative drivers not sure why
+There's no weird input mouse lag or weird sluggish feeling with the official drivers that Daniels drivers have.
+Spdif Keep Alive works properly now if I use it, with daniels drivers it just crapped the sound out

EDIT: Seems the speakers sticks now to 7.1 in windows sound settings

I also have X4 that I uninstalled, maybe this messes with all the speakers settings too

1721481365348.png

1721482095995.png

Last edited:
I have no problems, because my card is x-fi titanium fatality .... bro. different things, although everything should work the same

I have no problems, because my card is x-fi titanium fatality .... bro. different things, although everything should work the same
I tested the card directly and it seems it's crackling even when using it directly 3.5 even without drivers... the card is dead I guess and it's new I bought it from Amazon. would the audigy RX would be the same? I'll try to return it through Amazon it's 3rd seller.
it just crackling every time I use the windows volume slider and start music or other sound. I can't even record it because the sound comes clean from the recording.

Updated the package with a modified driver. The main APOs were replaced with more advanced ones, support for 64-bit APOs, edits were made that significantly reduced non-linear distortions and improved the overall sound. We also cut out all the unnecessary rubbish. Updated some driver files to new ones. The OpenAL library for 64-bit architecture is installed automatically.
Attention!!! Major changes have been made to the driver and therefore before installation you must disable digital signature verification and auto-update of drivers from the Windows Update Center. Because the driver has lost its digital signature. Yes, it's inconvenient, but this is probably the best sound I've heard on my sound card.
Only for OS Windows 10+
Tested on Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series\Win11 23H2

Addition: Added Processing Modes Supported For Streaming. The outdated Creative Audio Service was replaced by the modern Sound Blaster Service and integrated directly into the driver itself, which led to stable operation of the service and creative software. The driver has been re-uploaded.

Last edited:
Updated the package with a modified driver. The main APOs were replaced with more advanced ones, support for 64-bit APOs, edits were made that significantly reduced non-linear distortions and improved the overall sound. We also cut out all the unnecessary rubbish. Updated some driver files to new ones. The OpenAL library for 64-bit architecture is installed automatically.
Attention!!! Major changes have been made to the driver and therefore before installation you must disable digital signature verification and auto-update of drivers from the Windows Update Center. Because the driver has lost its digital signature. Yes, it's inconvenient, but this is probably the best sound I've heard on my sound card.
Only for OS Windows 10+
Tested on Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series\Win11 23H2

Addition: Added Processing Modes Supported For Streaming. The outdated Creative Audio Service was replaced by the modern Sound Blaster Service and integrated directly into the driver itself, which led to stable operation of the service and creative software. The driver has been re-uploaded.
I tested it on my a i5-4570 cpu fresh windows 10 1509 and it would freeze exactly like my desktop... official driver/windows update driver works fine.

Fully working driver version 2.17.0008C, compatible with Windows 10+. The driver is disguised as version 2.40.0019 so that it is not automatically replaced by the driver from Windows Update. There is no need to disable driver signature verification. The only thing is that the settings are saved only through sleep mode. But I think this is not a problem.... I configured the card once, saved the settings through sleep mode and forgot. I didn't find any more errors. OpenAL works great in older games.

Updated the components of all creative software, fixed a bug when switching the reference frequency in audio creation mode. I re-uploaded the package with the official driver.