• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RAM and VRAM are piling up.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity2, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1) + JONSBO NF-1
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB & 4TB 980 PRO, 2TB 970 EVO Plus, 2 x Optane 905p 1.5TB (striped), AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
"Stand-by-memory" is a memory model introduced with NT6, with Vista. There are still programs that have RAM allocation failures because of this concept.
Linpack doesn't like it, but Prime95 is able to handle it very well.

That's why there's the program called "RAMMap", and that's why it's for only Vista and later. This memory model concept doesn't exist in NT5.

Yes, the AMD software is right when it says "5.8".
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/rammap

System Name I don't name my rig
Processor 14700K
Motherboard Asus TUF Z790
Cooling Air/water/DryIce
Memory DDR5 G.Skill Z5 RGB 6000mhz C36
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Super
Storage 980 Pro
Display(s) Some LED 1080P TV
Case Open bench
Audio Device(s) Some Old Sherwood stereo and old cabinet speakers
Power Supply Corsair 1050w HX series
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows
Benchmark Scores Max Freq 13700K 6.7ghz DryIce Max Freq 14700K 7.0ghz DryIce Max all time Freq FX-8300 7685mhz LN2
Thank you, i will use that program.

That's the thing, maybe this is happen long ago and i didn't notice, but with the last AMD drivers, was a point when i had just a few apps running, and my RAM and VRAM was almost to the limit. I did go back to older drivers and had been using the PC a few days, and sometimes happen but it wasn't so extreme like before with the last drivers.

I think the issue is fixed, BIG THANKS to everyone that help me out, anyways, this thread have some valuable info that can help someone else. Greetings from Argentina. :love: :love:
Glad to hear the issue is repaired.

"Stand-by-memory" is a memory model introduced with NT6, with Vista. There are still programs that have RAM allocation failures because of this concept.

That's why there's the program called "RAMMap", and that's why it's for only Vista and later. This memory model concept doesn't exist in NT5.

Thank you. :)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I see iCue, I see Razer Synapse, that's bloat to me.
Those will do it

I will have to add this to my tool kit

LautaroPRZ

These are measuring two different things, so the different results aren't surprising.

The first thing you showed is reflecting memory consumed by processes running in user space alone.

Adrenalin is showing what the total "in use" memory is, and it should more or less match up with what task manager reflects... if you're looking in the correct place.

This is your total system memory use, and specifically, it's the one I have denoted in Green. The one denoted in Orange is a further breakdown and is counting "in use" memory, but it does not include what is on the "modified page list", which is what little sliver of memory to the right is. That does count towards your total memory use, hence it is added to the "in use" value to get the larger value in the Green box. If I were hovering that spot at the time I took the picture, it would show much memory is being used for that, and it will likely have shown something just shy of 300 MB, which is the difference between the 7.7 GB and 8 GB shown.

This is why I asked for the two specific task manager screen shots, because if it wasn't showing up in user space, I wanted to see if VRAM and system RAM were both full, and perhaps if there was a clue as to why (a very high paged or non-paged amount, for example, which can be common if the leak is occurring at the driver level). You should never be looking at the process list when trying to figure out how much total memory is used. That won't give you the correct answer. That may be useful to seeing if an individual process in user space is claiming all of that memory, but your screenshot didn't indicate this, which is why I suspected it was outside user space. If trying different drivers stopped the leak, then that would make sense. Something was causing VRAM to fill, and when that was exhausted, it started spilling over into system RAM.
Very clear, i understood everything, thank you for taking your time to explain this to me.

Well, that's a little bit more complicated to my bit of knowledge about this, i have to look into it to understand it more, but in conclusion, i have to use RAMMap, thank you again.

I see iCue, I see Razer Synapse, that's bloat to me.
You were right, there was an advance lightning function of iCue (Murals), that was consuming almost 2GB of RAM, i disabled it and it was better.

Very clear, i understood everything, thank you for taking your time to explain this to me.

Well, that's a little bit more complicated to my bit of knowledge about this, i have to look into it to understand it more, but in conclusion, i have to use RAMMap, thank you again.

You were right, there was an advance lightning function of iCue (Murals), that was consuming almost 2GB of RAM, i disabled it and it was better.
A thought has occurred, and forgive me if this was mentioned already, that motherboard you have has 4 RAM slots, you might wish to add in another 16GB(8GBx2) kit to it, or even an 8GB(4GBx2) to increase your RAM. This will likely cause Windows to drop data into the pagefile less frequently, which might be part of the issue you're having. Just a thought.

Last edited:

LautaroPRZ

A thought has occurred, and forgive me if this was mentioned already, that motherboard you have has 4 RAM slots, you might wish to add in another 16GB(8GBx2) kit to it, or even an 8GB(4GBx2) to increase your RAM. This is likely cause Windows to drop data into the pagefile less frequently, which might be part of the issue you're having. Just a thought.
Okay, i will consider it, thanks again :)