• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CD Projekt Red Hack: Red Engine, Multiple Games' Source Code Sold by Hackers

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I see this on every forum. People are trying to find example from real life to describe what cdpr management committed against customers. And people always failed. So I will correct your example to make more sense, even it is still not suitable example.
It should be something like this: "If you order pizza, and it ends up being not very tasty, it is not the right size,..., and after a while you will find out that this happend not only to you, but also 8 milion people, and even after few days/weeks there is no sign of correction and immediate refunds is not guaranted, and the owner of the pizzeria had no noble reason to keep the facts secret ...yes, then bad things start.
Again, your pizza story is bad example, but you know where I am pointing.
The only bad thing about the pizza example is that you don't necessarily get refunds for a pizza, whereas a game definitely gets refunded if you meet the store's criteria. For example, Steam doesn't need a reason to refund anything within 14 days of purchase and 2 hours of play time. They've also got a community review system, which not every pizza place can say about themselves.

I agree with the part that there's nothing noble about the pizza place. It's a business. Equally, there's nothing noble about the hackers. They're just a bunch of criminals hiding behind the false idea of social justice.

Processor i7-11700F, undervolt 3.6GHz 0.96V
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B560-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition, 1x12cm case FAN
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16, Kingston FURY (KF432C16BBK2/32)
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, ASUS DUAL O8G EVO V2, 70%, +120MHz core
Storage Crucial MX500 250GB, Crucial MX500 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2.5" 2TB
Display(s) DELL P2417H
Case Fractal Design Focus G Black
Power Supply 550W, 80+ Gold, SilentiumPC Supremo M2 SPC140 rev 1.2
Mouse E-BLUE Silenz
Keyboard Genius KB-110X
The only bad thing about the pizza example is that you don't necessarily get refunds for a pizza, whereas a game definitely gets refunded if you meet the store's criteria. For example, Steam doesn't need a reason to refund anything within 14 days of purchase and 2 hours of play time. They've also got a community review system, which not every pizza place can say about themselves.

I agree with the part that there's nothing noble about the pizza place. It's a business. Equally, there's nothing noble about the hackers. They're just a bunch of criminals hiding behind the false idea of social justice.
Correct me if I am wrong, hackers in CP77 incident is just third subject. First subject is cdpr management, the second is customers(especialy PS4 customers).
In your pizza story 1. sub. is pizza owner and 2. sub. is customer who bought pizza and is not satisfied. Why did you merge 2. and 3. subject together in pizza story??? Doesn't make sense and this is where people masivelly failing.

Do you have any evidence, that several CDPR customers are behind hackers attack? ;)

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Correct me if I am wrong, hackers in CP77 incident is just third subject. First subject is cdpr management, the second is customers(especialy PS4 customers).
In your pizza story 1. sub. is pizza owner and 2. sub. is customer who bought pizza and is not satisfied. Why did you merge 2. and 3. subject together in pizza story??? Doesn't make sense and this is where people masivelly failing.

Do you have any evidence, that several CDPR customers are behind hackers attack? ;)
Maybe I worded it wrong, but I didn't merge them together. ;) The fact that you are dissatisfied with a product doesn't justify someone else hacking the company and stealing their intellectual property. My entire point is what you just said: if 1. is the owner, 2. is the customer and 3. is the hacker, then the relationship between 1 and 2 has absolutely nothing to do with 3's actions. Their statement of doing what they're doing because people are dissatisfied is a load of BS - just like regular people taking the hackers' side on the matter is a load of BS too.

Processor i7-11700F, undervolt 3.6GHz 0.96V
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B560-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition, 1x12cm case FAN
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16, Kingston FURY (KF432C16BBK2/32)
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, ASUS DUAL O8G EVO V2, 70%, +120MHz core
Storage Crucial MX500 250GB, Crucial MX500 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2.5" 2TB
Display(s) DELL P2417H
Case Fractal Design Focus G Black
Power Supply 550W, 80+ Gold, SilentiumPC Supremo M2 SPC140 rev 1.2
Mouse E-BLUE Silenz
Keyboard Genius KB-110X
@AusWolf
I do not own the product. OK, you just worded it wrong, it is just coincidence on forums :D :p

I'm only here to point out that a lot of people have their heads full of hacker's attack and real crime is slowly disappearing from people's consciousness. Real cdpr crime I mean something like "to mislead a person for the purpose of enrichment"...I think every country have that § in criminal law.
I hope that the internal investigation for consumer protection in Poland and the two lawsuits of investors will not be swept off the table by some simple trick, because cdpr's crime from my perspective is bigger than the stealing of data two months later after release CP. I am not law expert, but I am sure that total sum of acquired moneys from crime, the number of people affected, duration of the crime, ...is considering in every crime.
If the hackers attack happened one or two days after CP release, I will never write this post. But the attack happened(if it is not fake) after start investigation in Poland, after investors.., after Iwinski's statement from 13.1.2021(too late). So it is something new in game industry. I am accepting all kind of scenarios except one, that everything will be forgotted and crime will be overlooked(on one of / or on both sides).

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
If you order pizza, and it ends up being not very tasty, do you go and rob the pizza place?
That's a pretty daft analogy a better one would be if you ordered a Pizza with everything on it and what you got was nothing but a base with cheese and cockroaches on it in which case you'd definitely be asking for your money back (or pitchforks and burning torches)

Software Windows 10 Pro
That's a pretty daft analogy a better one would be if you ordered a Pizza with everything on it and what you got was nothing but a base with cheese and cockroaches on it in which case you'd definitely be asking for your money back (or pitchforks and burning torches)
That's exactly the point. Asking for your money back is a genuine and honest thing to do. Robbing the pizza place is not. ;)

@AusWolf
I do not own the product. OK, you just worded it wrong, it is just coincidence on forums :D :p

I'm only here to point out that a lot of people have their heads full of hacker's attack and real crime is slowly disappearing from people's consciousness. Real cdpr crime I mean something like "to mislead a person for the purpose of enrichment"...I think every country have that § in criminal law.
I hope that the internal investigation for consumer protection in Poland and the two lawsuits of investors will not be swept off the table by some simple trick, because cdpr's crime from my perspective is bigger than the stealing of data two months later after release CP. I am not law expert, but I am sure that total sum of acquired moneys from crime, the number of people affected, duration of the crime, ...is considering in every crime.
If the hackers attack happened one or two days after CP release, I will never write this post. But the attack happened(if it is not fake) after start investigation in Poland, after investors.., after Iwinski's statement from 13.1.2021(too late). So it is something new in game industry. I am accepting all kind of scenarios except one, that everything will be forgotted and crime will be overlooked(on one of / or on both sides).
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that CDPR is completely innocent in every matter and their "misleading information" should be forgotten. I'm only saying that hacking them and stealing their intellectual property isn't the right way to communicate what's wrong. Not to mention the profit the hackers are (potentially) making out of it. They're surely not doing what they're doing out of public interest. If they were, they would distribute their profits among those who couldn't get a refund for CP77. That's clearly not happening.

Nothing should be overlooked, but everything should be treated as separate matters, and not events that led to one another. CDPR released a half-done game. That's wrong. Then some hackers stole property for personal profit. That's just as wrong.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
That's exactly the point. Asking for your money back is a genuine and honest thing to do. Robbing the pizza place is not. ;)
Well if you want to leave important stuff on an insecure server connected to the internet then you're asking for trouble and well the rest is history It wouldn't surprise me if we find out it was all hoax to deflect from the shitshow that is CP2077

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
Have you actually PLAYED the game?
This. I agree that the players on last-gen consoles were wronged with the sub-par quality. I agree that CDPR played a role in overhyping the game and what it was. But to say there isn't any content there is just not true. The main problem (aside from the last-gen console stuff) in my opinion was that the game was marketed as this super massive open world game - something akin to a cyberpunk-themed GTA, when it's more of a cyberpunk-themed Witcher game. The main story is decent - a bit short, but satisfactory. The skill trees provide for some solid replayability. The side quests provide hours and hours of content and are where the game shines in my opinion. Yes, it gets kind of same-y in places (cyberpsycho attacks for example), but so was TW3 (monster contracts - track the monster, apply the proper blade oil/potions, kill). The supporting character quest lines (Judy, River, Panam, Kerry, Claire, etc) are all well written and are well worth the time spent going through them. My first playthrough (all side quests/organized crime activities) provided me with 140 hours of playtime. I started up a second character and have planned out what build I'd like to do, but am taking a little break before hopping back in. Maybe I've been happy with it in part because I didn't really pay a lot of attention to the trailers and all that marketing that led people astray. Yes, the game needs work, and I firmly believe that CDPR will put it in. But to say that it's $60 worth of nothing couldn't be further from the truth.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Theres a lot of main quest content, its the oddities outside of those that shows the lack of polish

Things like the barely present NPC AI, police AI. They dont affect the main story really, but they're constantly rubbed in your face.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
Theres a lot of main quest content, its the oddities outside of those that shows the lack of polish

Things like the barely present NPC AI, police AI. They dont affect the main story really, but they're constantly rubbed in your face.
Agree about the NPC and police AI. Maybe I feel like the main story was short because I put it off for so long. I blew threw Act 1 pretty quick, got maybe halfway(?) through Act 2, and then put the main quest on the back burner and wiped the map clean before heading back to it. Don't really have any idea what the ratio of main quest to side content is out of my 140 hour playtime. Anyway, my point was stressing that there is plenty of content to be had - I think the hours I logged for a single playthrough proves that.

Agree about the NPC and police AI. Maybe I feel like the main story was short because I put it off for so long. I blew threw Act 1 pretty quick, got maybe halfway(?) through Act 2, and then put the main quest on the back burner and wiped the map clean before heading back to it. Don't really have any idea what the ratio of main quest to side content is out of my 140 hour playtime. Anyway, my point was stressing that there is plenty of content to be had - I think the hours I logged for a single playthrough proves that.
Played 96hours on my first playthrough, already at 40 on my second and I still find new stuff lol.

But yeah, you can see that some side quest, like the one with the clown and a "grenade nose", isn't 100% done. It's like you go get the dude, go to a spot, kill some people, and it's done. I'm sure there was more to be had, even more based on the phone conversation where he's searching for the best of the best, just to go from point A to B lol...

System Name Cumquat 2021

also no level scaling of enemies at all so when you get to like level 20 or so every enemy becomes a low level threat and no fun to kill as it's way to easy

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
also no level scaling of enemies at all so when you get to like level 20 or so every enemy becomes a low level threat and no fun to kill as it's way to easy
I always found level scaling to be counterintuitive.

There's a sense of accomplishment in, say Gothic, when you finally defeat an enemy that has been ripping you to shreds since forever. In contrast, in Oblivion, it was actually counter-productive to level-up past a certain point, because you didn't get any stronger once you maxed out your skills, but the enemies did. I think there were tutorials floating around about how to finish the game at clvl2 (iirc, there was one quest that you couldn't complete without gaining one level).

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Spoiler: Unfinished side quest
Yeah, that one was pretty noticeable to me as well. He does pop up for another side quest later - he becomes a fistfight opponent if you're progressing through that line of quests