• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ghetto Mods

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50
Memory 48GB Kingston DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage ~3TB SSDs + 6TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
Sucks that I'm not at home now, I have the fans on my 2nd rig's GPU supported with a short PETG tube. Remind me that I post a pic later. :D

It has an aftermarket heatsink and 2x92mm fans in a PCI slot cover bracket.

Think I already posted this, what to do if you have microATX mobo with too close PCIe x1 card to GPU? Use PCIe x1 'relocator'. Flash makes the dust looks 1000% worse lol

View attachment 359311

Though by using this it have that odd noise through the speaker when you move your mouse or do something, so I put some anti static bag around the soundcard. The PCIe power connector is properly dange around there so the anti static bag is covering the bottom and side of the card. I put a smaller anti static bag on top near the analog side of the card. No more that irritating eeeee when mouse moves.

View attachment 359312
I can't tell if that covered in ECS bags is a soundcard. Maybe get an 1-2 mm thick Aluminum sheet and mod away a way to screw in the back just above the sound card without touching the PCB underneath or MBO PCB.
To prevent Aluminum sheet to touch the PCB while sagging add a 2mm thermal pad in between towards the tail of the Aluminum sheet. Also you can seat the Al sheet on 2 thermal pads, make sure the soldered pins from the back of the card doesn't protrude trough thermal pad, you don't want shorts, even double the thickness of the thermal pad if is necessary.
Aluminum should give enough shielding.
Hope it helps.
For example on ALC4080/4082 chips the design of the MBO has flaws regarding placement of the sound and USB power passing trough or close by- USB power traces goes very close to the sound chip, resulting in interference between the the sound and the voltages required by USB.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
Though by using this it have that odd noise through the speaker when you move your mouse or do something, so I put some anti static bag around the soundcard. The PCIe power connector is properly dange around there so the anti static bag is covering the bottom and side of the card. I put a smaller anti static bag on top near the analog side of the card. No more that irritating eeeee when mouse moves.

Or just glue some rubber donuts to a couple toothpicks and accept your dongle is the predominant issue.