• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your PC ATM

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50
Memory 48GB Kingston DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage ~3TB SSDs + 6TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
Just make sure you use a rubber/silicon insert. While PETG is easier than glass it deforms rather quickly.
Yup, I have a silicone insert. Just soak that in soapy water so it's easy to put inside a tube.

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
cool, will most likely do hybrid loop, with some parts PEG in outer corners of case, and soft tubing to connect blocks.

@SchumannFrequency
probably mores so because the stock settings are usually a bid on the warmer/more vivid side, and i assume will not match some calibrated dslr, most likely using a different
image format/color profile all together, and depending on screen can look different (pre-processing) just because of those things, outside of res/sensor size etc.
with around 20-30MP you get decent cropping options, if you dont have enough optical zoom, or reducing res to get better low light pics.

but yeah, most of the sonys with the iAuto mode, tend to take better pics (mom), than some of the stuff i do with phone that has proper lens and 3 axis OIS.

@SchumannFrequency
probably mores so because the stock settings are usually a bid on the warmer/more vivid side, and i assume will not match some calibrated dslr, most likely using a different
image format/color profile all together, and depending on screen can look different (pre-processing) just because of those things, outside of res/sensor size etc.
with around 20-30MP you get decent cropping options, if you dont have enough optical zoom, or reducing res to get better low light pics.

but yeah, most of the sonys with the iAuto mode, tend to take better pics (mom), than some of the stuff i do with phone that has proper lens and 3 axis OIS.

I use a HP IPS monitor on OpenBSD and it achieves close to 100% sRGB values. My sister mainly uses a MacBook Pro which normally has a well calibrated screen.
Both screens should produce very similar colors.

I can also see the color difference in the printed photos, not just on the screen.
Now that I think about it more deeply, I realize that it could probably be her Lightroom preset that oversaturates the photos (or sometimes rather sepia-like).

I once installed darktable, RawTherapee and digiKam on her MacBook Pro.
But on my sister's MacBook Pro, RawTherapee was quite unstable and would sometimes suddenly close for no reason.

I've used RawTherapee for years on Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD and the app hasn't crashed once.
So my impression is that open-source software may have fewer bugs on Linux/BSD than on proprietary systems.

But back in the day (and maybe still is), RawTherapee was more powerful than Lightroom. It also had more accurate algorithms for several basic tasks.

The colors of the Sony DSC-H55 are very good. These are the automatic colors you get when you use intelligent mode.

With manual mode I can get more accurate colors on this camera, but then I also have to put more effort into creating optimal lighting conditions.

Last edited:

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50
Memory 48GB Kingston DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage ~3TB SSDs + 6TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
What a lovely kitty. :)

The photo I uploaded to imgur of this cat was 4.8 MB and I see that imgur is lowering the quality to a 3.2 MB file.
I also see when zooming in on the photo that it has less detail.
But you can still see that the Sony DSC-H55 can take sharp photos with nice colors under ISO 80.

One of the comments on the Sony DSC-H55 is that it would not be good for night photos. But this almost never applies to how I use this camera.
If I am not satisfied with the quality of a night photo, I stabilize the camera.
And then I always achieve ISO 80 and I have better night photos than what >95% of people achieve with new smartphones in the >1300 EUR segment.

I re-uploaded the images to ImgBB which stores and displays the images in original quality. I edited the previous post.