• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A developers Workstation will be built

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
I didn't defind this use of the last Temperature yet as it will be have to be defined at tests. The Board has the ability to use one external temperature sensor. I will use the Water temperatur on this as i need that value for the pump.
Sorry I'm kind of picking apart your thread at random with some thoughts as I thumb through comments. I would use the water temperature to control your RAD fans and run the pump at a speed that satisfies your noise tolerance. Also a dumb flow indicator is nice to have so you can eyeball the flow without having to wait to see some software readout.

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master V1 (X470)
Cooling individual EKWB/Heatkiller loop
Memory 4*8 GB 3600 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
Storage SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0x4, 2 TB PCIe 3.0
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Audio Device(s) Hifiman, Topping DAC/KHV
Power Supply Seasonic 850W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX2, Logitech MX Ergo Trackball
Keyboard Cherry Stream Wireless, Logitech MX Keys
Software Linux Mint "Vera" Cinnamon
You build looks interesting btw. I missed the model of distroplate somewhere in the thread is this it?
Originally at the end of my description i did want to append a full list of material i used in this build. You're too fast for me. :rofl:
The Distroplate is the following:
In difference to that original one i made it happen that the distroplate is flush to the side panel of the case. So it is more present than in the back with some fans in front. The Apex pump is new to me. When i built my last rig AlphaCool seemed to have quality issues on their 755 pump. So i got an ekwb D5 instead. If the apex is worse or gets broken i will have a substitute.

I don't use to play games. So i thought the game power of a X3D is not needed. But the MC Power of a "normal" X would be great. For me it is standard to apply the newest BIOS. No matter if it is the mainboard or i.e. the electronics of AquaComputer. I also collect those bios files i downloaded to have a own version control on that. My actual board (a Gigabyte Aourus Master X570 V1= had a dual Bios option. I used that to zesz new biosses as the weren't that good in delivering reliable biosses. I remember that the Logitech keyboard/mouse didn't work and so on.

Sorry I'm kind of picking apart your thread at random with some thoughts as I thumb through comments. I would use the water temperature to control your RAD fans and run the pump at a speed that satisfies your noise tolerance. Also a dumb flow indicator is nice to have so you can eyeball the flow without having to wait to see some software readout.
I use an AquaComputer Quadro fan controller in combination with to farbwerk360 dRGB controllers. At the quadro i have 4 input ports for temperatur sensors. 2 are assigned to read the water temperatur. One is for the air outside of the case and one für the chamber temperature. The difference of the water- and inside temp shows me if it is usefull to spin up the rpm's of the radiator fans. The difference of the chamber temp shows me if it is useful to spin up the input ais fans. All over i will use 13 Fans (9*120, 4*140mm). They are controlled with that quadro, After when i have to split i use
to ensure that each fan has its optimal power supplied.

Last edited:
System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Quite a bit more about my build. I plan to use a AMD Ryzen 7950x on that board. The graphics carc will be an AMD RX 6950 XT. It should be watercooled. The orinial cooler has a heigt of mot than 50cm/2 Slots. But a watercooler is below. So i can mount the whole card vertically. It's said that PCIe 5.0 SSD's have a temperature issue. When using a lot they get hot. That hot that they throttle and/or switch off. So that drive should be water cooled either. I plan to use G.Skill DDR5 Ram. The third item that is known to get hot. Ok. One more item to be watercooled.

Happily i got that Distroplate. With that i'm able to set up two loops. The first one is designed to cool the CPU. The seconf one will cool the RAM, after the SSD and at last the graphics card. Each loop is ended by a radiator. I also use a fillport an a drain.

In Detail i made the following flow plan. I used that so Excel could detertime by a formula the amount of each element on his own.

Fillport:
Alphacool Apex Fillport - schwarz
EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Torque STC 10/16 Anschluss gerade G1/4 Zoll - Schwarz
EKWB Tube, matte Black
EK-Quantum Torque STC 10/16 - Satin Titanium

Drain:
EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Torque Rotary 90 Grad
EK-Loop ZMT Soft Tube 10/16mm – Black
Corsair Hydro X Series XF Ball Valve
EK-Quantum Torque Extender Static MM 7 - Black
Alphacool Eiszapfen Plug G1/4 AG - Deep Black

Distroplate unused connects (SLI Out-/In-Ports):
EK-Quantum Torque Plug - Satin Titanium

Distroplate Radiator Out
Distroplate Radiator In

Distroplate CPU Out

EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Torque Rotary 45 Grad
CPU Cooler In
CPU Cooler Out

Alphacool Eiszapfen Temperature Sensor - Deep Black
Top Radiator (420mm X-Flow) In
Top Radiator (420mm X-Flow) Out

Distroplate CPU In

Distroplate Out (Graphic card)

EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Torque Rotary 90 Grad - drehbar, Satin Titanium
M.2 SSD Cooler In
M.2 SSD Cooler Out

Graphic card Cooler In
Graphic card Out
Radiator Bottom (360mm 30mm height X-Flow) In
Radiator Bottom (360mm 30mm height X-Flow) Out

Distroplate In (Graphic card)

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe
Mouse Logitech M575
Quite a bit more about my build. I plan to use a AMD Ryzen 7950x on that board. The graphics carc will be an AMD RX 6950 XT. It should be watercooled. The orinial cooler has a heigt of mot than 50cm/2 Slots. But a watercooler is below. So i can mount the whole card vertically. It's said that PCIe 5.0 SSD's have a temperature issue. When using a lot they get hot. That hot that they throttle and/or switch off. So that drive should be water cooled either. I plan to use G.Skill DDR5 Ram. The third item that is known to get hot. Ok. One more item to be watercooled.

Happily i got that Distroplate. With that i'm able to set up two loops. The first one is designed to cool the CPU. The seconf one will cool the RAM, after the SSD and at last the graphics card. Each loop is ended by a radiator. I also use a fillport an a drain.

In Detail i made the following flow plan. I used that so Excel could detertime by a formula the amount of each element on his own.

Fillport:
Alphacool Apex Fillport - schwarz
EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Torque STC 10/16 Anschluss gerade G1/4 Zoll - Schwarz
EKWB Tube, matte Black

Drain:
Corsair Hydro X Series XF Ball Valve
EK-Quantum Torque Extender Static MM 7 - Black
Alphacool Eiszapfen Plug G1/4 AG - Deep Black

Distroplate unused connects (SLI Out-/In-Ports):

Distroplate Radiator Out
Distroplate Radiator In

Distroplate CPU Out
CPU Cooler In
CPU Cooler Out
Top Radiator (420mm X-Flow) In
Top Radiator (420mm X-Flow) Out
Distroplate CPU In

Distroplate Out (Graphic card)
EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Torque Rotary 90 Grad - drehbar, Satin Titanium
M.2 SSD Cooler In
M.2 SSD Cooler Out
Graphic card Cooler In
Graphic card Out
Radiator Bottom (360mm 30mm height X-Flow) In
Radiator Bottom (360mm 30mm height X-Flow) Out
Distroplate In (Graphic card)
It's a little hard to follow can you bold your ins and outs?

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
I did so. In the original that is an Excel file with idents, underlaying links, etc. included. It is hard to get that done in a other format.

The waterfolw is designed that the distroplate always has cold water inside. It is flowing through the coolers and afzer through an radiator. The bigger one after the CPU- The lower one after RAM, SSD and GFX. The connection between M.2 and GFX has two angled connects enlisted. This is mainly that i can choose which fits better.

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
I thought a lot about a logical path to source the things. It's not that easy as some deliverers charges fees and others don't. Bzt i got to the result that it is most logicaal to follow the path of water.

First the CPU as it is the last element og the 1st loop. After first getting all the connectors etc. After the RAM as it is on loop 2 the first element after the distroplate. After that the SSD. And finally the graphics card. All items including their coolers. So i can mount them in the path they should be. The sreconf radiator with it's fans and a cutting tool will be bought at the begin. I need that fans as i have 2 * 140mm mounted on the bottom. But i need 120mm fans to be able to mount the graphices card vertically at the planned position. I will definitly break my fingers a lot of times. its all so narrow where i have to work. It is a so-called big tower. but every single inch is used.at the PSU space i have no more space left because of the three dRGB/PWN controllers. then i have the drainport mounted there with the ball valve etc. The drive bay is used by fans and a huge 360mm Distroplate. Also i have a BluRay burner residing there. Also i have the fillport mounted there. All the unused tubes and cables wich are too long are packed there to keep the inner clean. On top of the PSU there is the 360mm radiator with it's fans. On Top there is the bigger 420mm radiator with his fans. The fans cover the upper row of the mainboard. Ich i want to check the upper 8-Pin power connector i have to unmount the radiator first. There are only a rare amount of cases on the market which can hold a 420mm radiator in general. It was a kind of miracle that i found a case that has space for all of the hardware.

Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Mouse Logitech M575
I thought a lot about a logical path to source the things. It's not that easy as some deliverers charges fees and others don't. Bzt i got to the result that it is most logicaal to follow the path of water.

First the CPU as it is the last element og the 1st loop. After first getting all the connectors etc. After the RAM as it is on loop 2 the first element after the distroplate. After that the SSD. And finally the graphics card. All items including their coolers. So i can mount them in the path they should be. The sreconf radiator with it's fans and a cutting tool will be bought at the begin. I need that fans as i have 2 * 140mm mounted on the bottom. But i need 120mm fans to be able to mount the graphices card vertically at the planned position. I will definitly break my fingers a lot of times. its all so narrow where i have to work. It is a so-called big tower. but every single inch is used.at the PSU space i have no more space left because of the three dRGB/PWN controllers. then i have the drainport mounted there with the ball valve etc. The drive bay is used by fans and a huge 360mm Distroplate. Also i have a BluRay burner residing there. Also i have the fillport mounted there. All the unused tubes and cables wich are too long are packed there to keep the inner clean. On top of the PSU there is the 360mm radiator with it's fans. On Top there is the bigger 420mm radiator with his fans. The fans cover the upper row of the mainboard. Ich i want to check the upper 8-Pin power connector i have to unmount the radiator first. There are only a rare amount of cases on the market which can hold a 420mm radiator in general. It was a kind of miracle that i found a case that has space for all of the hardware.
Seems like you have your work cut out for you. It will be interesting to see how it comes along. I still have some doubts about those zalman fans being used as radiator fans giving you enough static pressure for good rad performance. I seems difficult to find reviews of this fan especially testing with rads and I don't see them even using those in any of their AIO offerings.

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Hi,

yeah. It will be one of my masterpieces. I never changed such an amount of things in a case. I did cut a sidepanel, printed holders to integrate a distroplate. I printed a holder for the dRGB/PWM controllers. All of them seld constructed. The heatkiller CPU Cooler i want to use will be dRGB enlightened. This isn't even available on the market or plammed by the manufactorer Watercool. There are a lot things i integrate that isnt ever done before.

I mounted a total of 13 fans. 6 *120mm Fans are in the front. 3*140mm on top and 3*120mm at the bottom. One more 140mm fan in the back. Each of the smaller fans should have 53.97CFM. In the mass it should be wirking fine. Especially as i have a mass of radiator surface in this build. Two big radiators where one would be enough. If the static pressure of the fans is too low and the water gets higher a already have most of the equipment to hekp me out. Im my waterflow plan there is also a path to integrate one more radiator at the beginning. In my home i have one of that huge radiators by a former competitor of Watercool's Mora with 9 Arctic P140 140mm fans on it. I would only need a few parts too get that integrated and connected. I haven't used that integrated dRGB-/PWM Splitter as they are driven by Windows only software. Also the AquaComputer equipment needs windows for configuration. but there it config is saved directly inside the controllers. So they run also without any external software. I can setup a small windows service partition without any network connection and a huge Linux one.

Thzis time i use some equipment without reviews. The case isn't reviewed either. I've read the first review about my board on TomsHardware yesterday. The only thing that was interested for me was their issues about their G.Skill RAM bars. I substituted them in my calculation with Kingston Fury with 6000CL32. At their test that one ran fine on EXPO without any problem. In general I only care about technical data and my own impressions but not about reviews. Nevertheless the memory should get warm fast. So i thought and planned in a water cooler for RAM. The same at the SSD. I will exchange the original Mainboard heatspreader by a Watercooler. Both from Alphacool. The CPU and the graphics card will have Watercool heatkiller coolers.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
The graphics carc will be an AMD RX 6950 XT. It should be watercooled. The orinial cooler has a heigt of mot than 50cm/2 Slots. But a watercooler is below.
Seems like a waste to watercool a last generation card at this point, why not go for a 7900XT ? It isn't that much more expensive.

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Seems like a waste to watercool a last generation card at this point, why not go for a 7900XT ? It isn't that much more expensive.
To say it with respect. I don't see why i need that power of the graphics card anyway. I don't game on this rig. The Card has to show a desktop on 2 Monitors (QHD, 2560x1440). When 3D-scanning i don't need the power either as the used program doesn't utilitize that. I could use an Intel Arc 770 LE and i won't loose anything. I know that Linux has a real good integration of AMD graphic cards. And the optic of the rig looks better. I thought about that possibility either. Either an AMD 7900 or a watercooled 6950. There is only gigabyte on the market where the card has a height less than 50mm. Also the 6950 keeps the maximum height only when watercooled. Both versions cost arounf the same.

So the choice is mainly a compromise of technical specifications of that certain build. Combined with the great optics. ;)

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
I researched the market a bit. In general i have a fewpossibilities to get a graphics card for my rig. Because of the space i have free a water cooling system is needed. 5cm for the card is much to low for an air cooler,

The possibilities are (as they have a water block):
  • AMD RX 6950 XT
  • AMD RX 7800 XT
  • Intel Arc 770 Limited Edition
Right now there is only a water cooling solution for the last gen AMD available. I did set the Graphics card to the end of my muyers list to give manufactorers a chance to construct/design/produce such coolers. But i still estimate that there will be only a water cooler for the 6950XT at the end of this year. EKWB announced already in Q3 of 2022 that they will produce water coolers for an Arc770. Also i got no information about that 7800XT yet. I'm focussing on the cooling technics and on a memorysize of 16GB in combination with an address space of 256bits and PCIe 4.0x16.

Just the lower actual standings of the provided technics.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
I like that distro, might have to grab one myself. Just wondering if the pump is replaceable with any D5 or not though.

Looking forward to seeing this finished.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
How are you finding the noise of the pump in that Alphacool distro block?

I'm running an old D5 Vario that's just rubber-mounted to a rubber-mounted drive sled, so it's super-quiet being double-isolated. A distro block would make hardware swaps a lot easier but I don't want to hear the pump, ever, and I'd be losing the double isolation by bolting the pump into something bolted directly to metal. The hope is that there's enough mass and rigidity in the block that it simply absorbs any vibrations altogether - but I thought I'd ask if you can hear your pump at all ;)

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Software Windows 10 Pro

I'm running an old D5 Vario that's just rubber-mounted to a rubber-mounted drive sled, so it's super-quiet being double-isolated. A distro block would make hardware swaps a lot easier but I don't want to hear the pump, ever, and I'd be losing the double isolation by bolting the pump into something bolted directly to metal. The hope is that there's enough mass and rigidity in the block that it simply absorbs any vibrations altogether - but I thought I'd ask if you can hear your pump at all ;)

I'm using a d5 in my loop, and at high/er RPM can hear it. It is isolated from the case by 4 rubber isolators. It is a quiet pump though but not at 100% rpm. In my experience with water cooling it is hard to make any pump silent at ner or 100% speed,

I will be interested to experiment with that distro. I like the way it has metal inserts for the connectors, rather than having them screw into the acrylic directly.
20230828_115549.jpg

Last edited:
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I like that distro, might have to grab one myself. Just wondering if the pump is replaceable with any D5 or not though.

As I understand it, the distro plate is just a D5 pump top which should be universally compatible with any D5.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
I'm using a d5 in my loop, and at high/er RPM can hear it. It is isolated from the case by 4 rubber isolators. It is a quiet pump though but not at 100% rpm. In my experience with water cooling it is hard to make any pump silent at near or 100% speed,
My D5 is so old it's "Liang" branded from before the Xylem/XSPC days. I'm running at position 2 so it's inaudible at about 2400 rpm.

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog

Yepp. The D5 can be substituted. Alphacool is offering the same distroplate also without their own D5. ;)

Well. I still don't know. I didn't start the d5 not the system yet. Till now i'm building on it. And i won't be able to say how noisy that distroplate will be with the supported holders. I did construct a special nounting frame where the plate is in the sidepanel implemented. If that is too loud i will use pads betrween the mounting and the side panel of the case. Right now i have the mounting frame directly layn and screwed at the side panel on the other side i directly screwed the panel and the distroplate. That could be louder. If so i will lay (silencer) pads between the self designed frame and the sidepanel and also in the gap between panel and distroplate. That distroplate has connectors for a radiator and th building area is intended to be in front of a radiator. But it my case... I do not pay that amount to have the plate nearby invisible or having other significantly advantages..

I will be interested to experiment with that distro. I like the way it has metal inserts for the connectors, rather than having them screw into the acrylic directly.
That metal inserts are looking good if one can see them. One only has to realize that those metal inserts are also screwed to that acrylic distroplate. Alphacool also delivers a few plugs. For a normal (only CPU) loop one has to buy two more. But i took others equal to the rest. The delivered plugs wer nickel (shiny) but i have satin titanium matte all over.

My D5 is so old it's "Liang" branded from before the Xylem/XSPC days. I'm running at position 2 so it's inaudible at about 2400 rpm.
I have a EKWB D5 installed at my actual rig. The case is open because the air flow is messy at that Lian Li O112D (XL ROG...). The mounted fans (EKL) are much louder than the pump.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Case Corsair 7000D
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yepp. The D5 can be substituted. Alphacool is offering the same distroplate also without their own D5. ;)

Well. I still don't know. I didn't start the d5 not the system yet. Till now i'm building on it. And i won't be able to say how noisy that distroplate will be with the supported holders. I did construct a special nounting frame where the plate is in the sidepanel implemented. If that is too loud i will use pads betrween the mounting and the side panel of the case. Right now i have the mounting frame directly layn and screwed at the side panel on the other side i directly screwed the panel and the distroplate. That could be louder. If so i will lay (silencer) pads between the self designed frame and the sidepanel and also in the gap between panel and distroplate. That distroplate has connectors for a radiator and th building area is intended to be in front of a radiator. But it my case... I do not pay that amount to have the plate nearby invisible or having other significantly advantages..

That metal inserts are looking good if one can see them. One only has to realize that those metal inserts are also screwed to that acrylic distroplate. Alphacool also delivers a few plugs. For a normal (only CPU) loop one has to buy two more. But i took others equal to the rest. The delivered plugs wer nickel (shiny) but i have satin titanium matte all over.

I have a EKWB D5 installed at my actual rig. The case is open because the air flow is messy at that Lian Li O112D (XL ROG...). The mounted fans (EKL) are much louder than the pump.

Mine is a EK G2, also have a G3 pump body, rotor is trash as it is un balanced and makes the pump vibrate. Not sure if G2 or 3 is better though. I have a nice barrow pump too, like a DDC but has a more D5 type rotor.

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
I don't know the differences of all of the pumps. The D5 was suggested in a forum. And it was said not to buy an AlphaCool D5. I don't even know what kind of D5 i use. I bought it 4 yrs ago and it still runs really fine. That is important for me. I did want to have a one box design. No seperate radiator etc. So there is not much to do for the pump. It's like my planned graphics card. That one also has nearby nothing to do. Showing the desktop and thats it. ;)

But this D5 from Alphacool is definitely an other version as the normal one gets power by a Molex plug. This pump uses in difference a SATA plug. For me that was not that bad as i did need to route only one power cable to the front. I did also integrate a BlueRay Burner. So only SATA at this point. A bit in the back there are the three controllers which need molex as the power souce.

Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Mouse Logitech M575
I researched the market a bit. In general i have a fewpossibilities to get a graphics card for my rig. Because of the space i have free a water cooling system is needed. 5cm for the card is much to low for an air cooler,

The possibilities are (as they have a water block):
  • AMD RX 6950 XT
  • AMD RX 7800 XT
  • Intel Arc 770 Limited Edition
Right now there is only a water cooling solution for the last gen AMD available. I did set the Graphics card to the end of my muyers list to give manufactorers a chance to construct/design/produce such coolers. But i still estimate that there will be only a water cooler for the 6950XT at the end of this year. EKWB announced already in Q3 of 2022 that they will produce water coolers for an Arc770. Also i got no information about that 7800XT yet. I'm focussing on the cooling technics and on a memorysize of 16GB in combination with an address space of 256bits and PCIe 4.0x16.

Just the lower actual standings of the provided technics.
Just a few questions:
  • Was AMD RX 6700 XT not a viable option?
  • If you're not gaming do you need to be so concerned about getting a GPU with full bandwidth and 16GB vram?
  • If this is just a workstation why not go for a slim workstation card instead?
  • Why bother with a GPU and not just use the graphics of the 7950x? (frees up your x16 slot for fast & massive NVMe storage or something else)

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
A few answers to some questions:

1. In general yes. But i haven't find waterblocks to get integrated. I want to biuld in the graphics card vertically. So i won't have any problem with the ventilation of the pCH and VRM. When using a air cooled GFX the air is blown towards the mainboard.

2. I don't want to run out of vram. Even when using resolution >4k per screen at dual screen. Right now i'm using 2x 32" 2560x1440 noninterlaced at 75 hz. If i' want to use three of that monitors or i get 2 4k+ Monitors i don't want to run out of resouces.

3. The prices for simple Workstation cards are real high. I don't need that kind of device driver support anyway. Also i don't like NVidia that much to be fascinated about a nvidia >4000. AMD cards havent been looked in deeper as they don't have the posibility to connect a HDMI screen.

4. I don't like any APU solution and was quite surprised that the 7950x has a gfx integrated. At the start of my planning i had my 3800X as the base. So i had to decide to use a 13900KF or a 5950x. Within that run of defining i changed my former plans of upgrading and started to build new i would have to with that Intel option either. I have to apologize but i never had the option of using an internal GFX in mind. As far as i know my board is not able to drive 2 DP screens at once.

I'm also thinking a lot about the SSD's (PCIe Version, Size, amount of drives) and the memory bars (especially timings).I'm gonna use that rig for 2-4 years. And i don't want to run out of resources in any way. If i will have not enough ram i can add one more 64GB set to have a total of 128GB. At the SSD i can add 3 more drives on my Mainboard. But i can only use one graphics card at one time.

Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Mouse Logitech M575
A few answers to some questions:

1. In general yes. But i haven't find waterblocks to get integrated. I want to biuld in the graphics card vertically. So i won't have any problem with the ventilation of the pCH and VRM. When using a air cooled GFX the air is blown towards the mainboard.
I picked up a MSI Radeon RX 6700XT Mech 2X OC awhile ago when prices got less crazy and found it supports a waterblock according to reddit and this video below. This is my next year's water cooling project for my gaming rig so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Not sure if it's an option for you but it exists if you want to consider a less expensive card with 12GB VRAM.
2. I don't want to run out of vram. Even when using resolution >4k per screen at dual screen. Right now i'm using 2x 32" 2560x1440 noninterlaced at 75 hz. If i' want to use three of that monitors or i get 2 4k+ Monitors i don't want to run out of resouces.
I'm not exactly sure what VRAM requirements are needed for high resolution displays but for example at my work an old Nvidia Quadro K600 used to drive 2 x 1440p monitors no problem with only 1GB VRAM. I have a RX 5700 8GB VRAM that drives 2DP x 4K monitors at 60Hz on my daily. Also previously used an RX 560-b 4GB VRAM with 2 x 4K.

I think if you are not gaming the VRAM requirements are fairly low unless specific applications need it.
3. The prices for simple Workstation cards are real high. I don't need that kind of device driver support anyway. Also i don't like NVidia that much to be fascinated about a nvidia >4000. AMD cards havent been looked in deeper as they don't have the posibility to connect a HDMI screen.

4. I don't like any APU solution and was quite surprised that the 7950x has a gfx integrated. At the start of my planning i had my 3800X as the base. So i had to decide to use a 13900KF or a 5950x. Within that run of defining i changed my former plans of upgrading and started to build new i would have to with that Intel option either. I have to apologize but i never had the option of using an internal GFX in mind. As far as i know my board is not able to drive 2 DP screens at once.
Looks like your board only has 1 HDMI out so getting GPU is your path. Interestingly it has a DP-in for driving 1 x 8K or 2 x 4K using the special USB-C/DP ports provided. Pretty neat feature. Are you going to get USB-C/DP capable monitors to use that feature of your motherboard?
I'm also thinking a lot about the SSD's (PCIe Version, Size, amount of drives) and the memory bars (especially timings).I'm gonna use that rig for 2-4 years. And i don't want to run out of resources in any way. If i will have not enough ram i can add one more 64GB set to have a total of 128GB. At the SSD i can add 3 more drives on my Mainboard. But i can only use one graphics card at one time.
Understood.

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
1. In germany I only get Waterblocks for the 6800/6900xt cards. Even at the original shop of alphacool. That 6900xt Waterblocks are also suitable for the 6950XT. The manufactors are Alphacool. Watercool and EKWB. that is the result for my research. I haven't looked at bykski, corsair,... To be honest. For that i was too lazy for a deeper result. I found that 6900XT coolers with the ability to mount them on a 6950XT and i found a dealership with some 6950XT on store. So the posibility to get all needed things to have a graphics card water cooled. I don't want to start building a lot of time. According to the proverb "Never touch a running system". It will be a productive system. That system has to make money. I build it with a bit of "love" but then it has to run. I design 3D models and pront them. The prints are sold. I develop a kind of software i can manage all my 3D printers, orders, customers, etc. In a reasonable time i will expand my company and hire some people. Then the software i develop has to work for them also.

2. I run my 2 Viewsonic Monitors (2560x1440) since years on a Sapphire Pulse 5700XT (8GB, PCIe 4.0x16). I also thought a second about getting a used sapphire 5700xt Nitro. Then taking more time to look for a new graphics card. ;) In earlier years i always used Matrox cards on PC compatibles. My 5700XT has been fine for my desktops for the last 4 years. I use that 2 Monitor setup because of programming. I.e. i have the VBA-Editor on Monitor 1 for debugging and the Excel-workbook on monitor 2. Also at monitor 1 the debugger of freepascal and on Monitor 2 the Application that has to be tested/debugged. I use such a setup since at least 20 years. There i had been in a project migrating from OS/2 2.0 oover to Winows NT 4.0. We had two PC's. oner for EMailing etc and one with 2 Monitors for programming. Such a similar setup i own and use all the time. Personally i think that the 6950XT for my usage is much to powerful. But everything is available.

3. I don't know how it is intended to use the APU on my board. It was never in my focus. As far as i understoof i have one HDMI and DP Port each. To have the videosignals there i should use a cable from anywhere to anywhere. But as i said before. I don't know anything on that topic. The manual says that a DP cable is added.

The next generation will be a huge workstation setup. I plan to hang the systems in their cases with their radiators at a room wall. There I think about threadrippers, professional workstation graphics etc. The costs will be above 38k for those systems. But before i will have to equip a full office and buy ten more Resin 3D Printers and a lot more. Not that cheap story. ;)

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
For September the orders are done. I ordered a second X-Flow radiator in 360mm length and 30mm heigth. Then i did have a tripleset of the fans in my basket. A second sensor for water temperature and other small things like a paint penin black. That one is needed if a slotcover of an additional card will be not black. Also i did print the frame to add a aRGB stripe to the Heatkiller CPU cooler. That one in general is not available at the market. Also i got the last pack of the fans. It comes from Amazon UK. Locally no one has them any longer. It seems that i'm a trendsetter. :D

At least i need to exchange the battery of my wristwatch. This wrist watch is a special swiss watch that counts my steps. The manufactorer supports one type of battery. If i don't use that the duration of the battery will be 1/2 an year. If i take them it will last 2 years. So i got that special batteries. But i didn't want to go to the jewlery with that batteries in my hand. So i got special tools to open the watch and exchange the battery on my own. After thaat i will have to do a leak test. Thereby one has to put the watch into an oven at 50°C. After one should put one drop of water onto the glass. if there will be condensate the clock is not tight. Quite easy.

Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Mouse Logitech M575
For September the orders are done. I ordered a second X-Flow radiator in 360mm length and 30mm heigth. Then i did have a tripleset of the fans in my basket. A second sensor for water temperature and other small things like a paint penin black. That one is needed if a slotcover of an additional card will be not black. Also i did print the frame to add a aRGB stripe to the Heatkiller CPU cooler. That one in general is not available at the market. Also i got the last pack of the fans. It comes from Amazon UK. Locally no one has them any longer. It seems that i'm a trendsetter. :D
Since you're doing 3d printing with your build I thought you might find this interesting.