• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

Processor AMD 5600X
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix B550-e
Cooling Noctua DS 15S
Memory 16 Go
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Software Win 11
Hi,

As i can see on different pictures it seems that “Dolby Home Theater” is included in this mood.
Could someone tell me if it is and if there is the DTHv4 equlizer please ?

thank you and thanks for your work

Last edited:
Well guys i didnt get where is word "UNLOCKED" here? I installed last version of your package and got same request to buy both from Microsoft store.

You can't buy DDL or DTSI from the Microsoft Store.
After installing this driver - i'm trying to choose DTS or DOLBY in sound settings - and redirect to download certain paid apps happens only. Inside apps they want me to order subscription.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
After installing this driver - i'm trying to choose DTS or DOLBY in sound settings - and redirect to download certain paid apps happens only. Inside apps they want me to order subscription.
Could you provide a screenshot of the page where you are getting the DTS and DOLBY options?

rodrigo3d

Hi everyone. I have a Asus B-450M-Pro-S, but I´m getting error -0001 while trying to install this patched driver. Anyone can give some adivice to fix it?

System Name ASUS ROG Strix G15CE 2021 Gaming Desktop
Processor Intel Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz
Motherboard Mobo ASUSTeK G15CE (LGA1200)
Cooling iCUE H150i ELITE CPU Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Storage Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 Gaming Monitor 32"
Case ASUS ROG Strix
Audio Device(s) VIRTUOSO RGB WIRELESS XT T-PAIN Edition
Mouse Corsair DARK CORE RGB PRO
Keyboard Corsair K63 Wireless
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 bit
hi everyone is there any mod working after this ones please and thanks for any info
Realtek Advanced HD Audio 6.0.1.8656 (only working for me before)
AAF Optimus Sound 6.0.8960.1 (Signed)

rodrigo3d

I gave up on the patch. AFF works with Dolby 5.1 in F1 2021, but not DTS.
Just had to follow instructions and disable enhancement.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
okay i still didnt get why we need drivers for dolby and other effects? This is just another software DSP processor - why everything so hard?

Windows 11 Update (Pro version)
After the upgrade, of course realtek driver was updated losing all DTS feature.
I tried the method above however the sound card would not go back and stay on the old driver.

Eventually I had to go in Device Manager > Sound devices > Select the realtek. Then update driver, select the exact path of where the driver is (after you extract and optionally patch it) and uncheck to only show compatible hardware. Then pick the 1st realtek sound driver of the list.
That worked for me on Windows 11. I wish I could freeze that driver in place though.
Good luck everyone. Kind of ridiculous situation but we've seen windows in the past drop support for Webcams and sound cards for example

Windows 11 Update (Pro version)
After the upgrade, of course realtek driver was updated losing all DTS feature.
I tried the method above however the sound card would not go back and stay on the old driver.

Eventually I had to go in Device Manager > Sound devices > Select the realtek. Then update driver, select the exact path of where the driver is (after you extract and optionally patch it) and uncheck to only show compatible hardware. Then pick the 1st realtek sound driver of the list.
That worked for me on Windows 11. I wish I could freeze that driver in place though.
Good luck everyone. Kind of ridiculous situation but we've seen windows in the past drop support for Webcams and sound cards for example
You can freeze it from updating with Shutup10

okay i still didnt get why we need drivers for dolby and other effects? This is just another software DSP processor - why everything so hard?

I do not get it either. I have mentioned several times that though bulky(ish depending on the receiver) to use a older receiver with analog in be it 5.1 or 7.1. Some Sony receivers I have owned had 2 analog inputs in the rear. Then the world is open to you as far as sub, no sub, kinds of towers, or book shelf set. Cheap but great sounding for the money in mono price, dayton, bic, dcm, mtx ect, or go nuts and go high end. It will sound better then any bar you could ever buy. Used for a pc, and all the analog out in the back will even sound better, and better separations of the channels in everything, and have said to prove me wrong. I have it in a way I can do digital spdif, hdmi, and analog, for to the best of my knowledge at this point Marantz is the only brand out there that has analog in still in the rear, all the rest have just out, and have said time and time again, ditch that crap, go just analog, and then use the receiver to do the mixing, and if you buy a good mixer, its got hardware to do that crap with which is 100 billion times better then the software your trying to mod. But no one has, and its a shame, for if you go pure analog, its uncompressed, and the sound card in the pc will send everything to the correct speaker, without needing any mods of the kind.

Then as a party piece, ALL tvs now a days have spdif out, and can double duty the receiver to do dd, dts-Atmos (depending on receiver, my Marantz does do it) and do your set up right and mix all of the good good sweet eye and ear candy then in one place. Some receivers have arc and almost all tvs have arc, so it may just be a lousy hdmi cable from your tv (they make them in several hundred feet, so placement is endless, and some receivers have 2 hdmi outs, that you can send that hdmi out to another room, bedroom perhaps, and get a repeater, and control all that crap in the other room. Buy a shield, play legit pc games as if you built a bad butt pc in 4K 60HZ for $5 a month, and have it all in 7.1 uncompressed, or can then hook ur xbox, and everything to it, and depending on receiver can upscale laser disc or vhs to 1080P or 4K, or open pockets 8K now.

A perfect non oem I could HIGHLY recommend is the Creative X3. Its pretty much the only "newer" card out there with true, not simulated all analog 7.1. All the rest are 5.1 with 7.1 simulated in headphone mode. Plus its a usb so can be used on ANYTHING, turning it into a music/game/home theater studio you plug it into. And its kinda cheap for what it is, and does all and more you are trying to mod your board to do, and I got mine for just $119. Then I stole my Marantz from the goodwill online auction site for MEGA cheap, and when I am not using that I have headphones out of the sound card going to my old sony str-d590 and its pounding hard for they are so efficiant needing to turn the bass all the way down for I had my neighbor yelling at me I was beating there house so bad, without a sub, but a vintage set of DCM KX12 V2, and a set of

BIC America Venturi DV64​

This Sony has Quad out with rear to do simulated stuff, but it all sounds like crap, but in stereo and those speakers, OMG :O

I have almost the full vintage DCM KX Bookshelf units, rears are polks, and a BIC America PL-200, NOT the 200II so tells you how long I been rocking it everyday since new and still going strong Hooked to my Marants SR-5010.

But yeah people, ditch this software crap, I did decades ago pretty much, only coming back every now and then to see whats new, try it, still sucks, go back to what it was again. Its not alll that much, some amps at the good will thing I have bought for people under $50 shipped sometimes. I have Mancave 3.0 coming soon to show pictures of. But ditch this stuff, analong is still where its at with its much higher bits and hurtzes and receivers and good speakers love that crap :D
252514877_917213495589972_3598251040867859672_n.jpg
255090997_2988537928128702_2915385819642456282_n.jpg

252514877_917213495589972_3598251040867859672_n.jpg
255090997_2988537928128702_2915385819642456282_n.jpg
242834353_4719560364735395_7373682129432309343_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there. Any driver with dolby digital, DTS and Pro Logic for realtek alc s1200a in SPDIF???. Thanks

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that it works under Windows 11 but I had to do something more.
First of all I have a Gigabyte Aorus x470 ultra gaming 1.0
Which has a Realtek ALC1220-VB connected to an ageing Logitech Z5500 over spdif

I used Realtek driver 6.0.1.7560 Dated 15 Jul 2015 (I have not tried 6.0.9225) (also in this thread as Realtek_Audio(v7560).zip )
I also patched it ( realtek.hd.sound.driver-patch.zip ) but I think if you do not you just lose Dolby Live so you can still get 5.1 or better via DTS

The annoying thing is when you install the driver, Windows replaces it with some default Windows driver and realtek installer complains that it needs to reboot to complete the process.
Anyway, I ended up having to boot in windows, remove the default driver and quickly go through Realtek's setup.

Once done, another annoying thing is Windows tries to replace it again because the driver's so oooold. So

You need to prevent your Sound Card's Vendor ID from updating itself. How you ask (in a minute).
Once you are ready to block the update, you need to go in the driver properties, select update driver, find the folder where you extracted Realtek_Audio(v7560) and tell it to pick from there. It may list nothing then you need to check the option to show all drivers then pick the first one.
Then quickly disable updates to that specific driver aaaaand.. bob's your uncle.

### How to disable driver updates to a specific device

Good luck everyone, pretty ridiculous we got a motherboard that's not even 4yrs old and already having features stripped off

Ping me if you need the zips I mentioned.

Don Priyantha

pls send me

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)​

Thanks
Priyantha

WHAT IS THE PASSWORD FOR PATCH

For anyone looking for a working Realtek driver (x64), for Windows 10-11, that has DTS Interactive, see here, you also get DTS APO4 as a bonus.
APO4 upgrades Interactive to Interactive:X (multichannel), this version supports 8 channels over 6 channels (5.1, 2 virtual).

Included with the package are flexible optionals, which can be used to unlock other devices.
If you intend to use the provided Sound Unbound, disable store auto-update.

Enjoy!

dozy4850

Does this work for ALC 1220? I'm on Windows 10. 5.1 works for me on my RTX 2080 Ti but not in games over the HDMI connection

Yes, all mainstream ALC's, it also works on GPU's, Realtek needs to be told to support DTS Interactive, whereas other devices don't.

dozy4850

Yes, all mainstream ALC's, it also works on GPU's, Realtek needs to be told to support DTS Interactive, whereas other devices don't.
I am confused atm. I see there's an APO driver? and other optoin where you download a Realtek Driver 2.80 and hack it? Are these the same thing? Which one gives you the newer encoding options. I've never heard of DTS Interactive either. ONly thing I know of is DDL and DTS Connect @Ferather

I am confused atm. I see there's an APO driver? and other optoin where you download a Realtek Driver 2.80 and hack it? Are these the same thing? Which one gives you the newer encoding options. I've never heard of DTS Interactive either. ONly thing I know of is DDL and DTS Connect @Ferather
Dolby Digital Live (DDL) is a real-time encoding technology for interactive media such as video games. It converts any audio signals on a PC or game console into a 5.1 channel 16bit, 48 kHz, 640 kbit/s Dolby Digital format and transports it via a single S/PDIF cable.
  • Dolby Pro Logic II: DPL II processes any high-quality stereo signal source into five separate full frequency channels (right front, center, left front, right rear and left rear), while also decoding 5 channels from stereo signals encoded in traditional four-channel Dolby Surround. DPL II implements greatly enhanced steering compared to DPL, and as a result, offers an exceptionally stable sound field that simulates 5 channel surround sound.
DTS Connect is a blanket name for a two-part system used on the computer platform only, in order to convert PC audio into the DTS format, transported via a single S/PDIF cable.[31] The two components of the system are DTS Interactive and DTS Neo PC. It is found on various CMedia soundcards and onboard audio with Realtek ALC883DTS/ALC889A/ALC888DD-GR/ALC892-DTS-CG and SoundMAX AD1988 chips, as well as several cards based on the X-Fi chipset, such as the SoundBlaster Titanium series and Auzentech's X-Fi Forte, X-Fi Prelude, X-Fi Home Theater HD and X-Fi Bravura cards.
  • DTS Interactive: This is a real-time DTS stream encoder. On the PC, it takes multichannel audio and converts it into a 1.5 Mbit/s DTS stream for output. Because it uses the original DTS codec to transmit audio, fidelity is limited to 5.1 channel at 48 kHz, 24bit 1.5 Mbit/s .
  • DTS Neo PC: This is a technology based on the DTS Neo:6 matrix surround technology, which transforms any stereo content (MP3, WMA, CD Audio, or games) into a simulated 7.1-channel surround sound experience. The 7.1-channel surround sound is output as a DTS stream for output via a S/PDIF cable port.

Attachments

• dolby-digital-live3.png
    dolby-digital-live3.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

MarkBLN

I have DTS 5.1 showing up but I am only geting audio in stereo. I had it all workign before I had to wipe the pc the other day, but now after lots of struggling I have it showing up as DTS 5.1 but even though the receiver detects a dolby signal I am only getting it in stereo. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I've tried countless drivers and always have the same issue. All I want to do is get DTS via spdif to my 5.1 decoder. I initially started to mess with this as cyberpunk wasn't giving me any rear speakers. Some other games were at the time. After trying multiple drivers I finally got it working, but sadly I must have picked up something dodgy in the process as my pc performance suddenly tanked, so had to do a complete wipe. Since freshly installing windows I've been trying to get this working again, but no luck at all.