• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Star Wars Outlaws Performance Benchmark

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
FWIW Hogwarts Legacy still has this same problem. Forspoken's VRAM hog issue resulting in low-rez textures didn't kill 1% lows so kudos there I guess? But TLOU's VRAM problems did before the fix and Hogwarts still does. Lowering textures fixes those framedrops nicely at least and really: the game doesn't look all that great so lowering textures is a non-issue and the occasional bugged low texture area is quickly ignored.
The crazy thing about Hogwarts is that they had it fixed nice and all and then they rolled out yet another update which broke the game.:laugh:
But ye in Last of us 8 GB is totally fine now as long as you don't push your intended resolution. 'again,thats a different kind of topic

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't mind lower textures here and there but pop-in calls attention to itself and breaks immersion. How much that matters to anyone is an individual experience.
Hardware Unboxed did a comparison video on a 4 vs 8 GB 6500 XT once. The texture pop-ins in Hogwarts Legacy with the 4 GB card were something fierce. So I plonked my 4 GB 6500 XT into my PC to test it myself, and didn't notice any texture pop-in. Sure, textures looked like ass in general, but no pop-in that I could see. Weird.

PrzemekKRK

Hi, I have a question if you have any plan to add some test on maximum graphic settings available after adding command line "-unlockmaxsettings" in uPlay? Of course only for most powerfull cards - I heard that it takes 50% of performance from Ultra settings.

I think it could be interesting addon to this performance test. Graphic comparision would be nice to to verify if there is difference in visual quality :)

System Name Coffeelake the Zen Destroyer
Processor 8700K @5.1GHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
Cooling Cooled by EK
Memory RGB DDR4 4133MHz CL17-17-17-37
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti to future GTX 1180Ti
Storage SAMSUNG 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27VQ to ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
Case Cooler Master HAF X Nvidia Edition
Audio Device(s) Logitech
Power Supply COOLER MASTER 1KW Gold
Mouse LOGITECH Gaming
Keyboard Logitech Gaming
Software MICROSOFT Redstone 4
Benchmark Scores Cine Bench 15 single performance 222
Gentleman, one question. Maybe somewhere on the forum that is spoken off. But in the recent light of that degradation of the 13th and 14th Intel processors, why one of them are used in the review? Or maybe in all reviews, i didn't notice. Some reviewers stopped recommend those parts until investigation about the possible fix. Honest question out of curiosity only.
I own the 14900KS on MSI MEG Z790 ACE MAX with Bios 7D86vA5 with Intel Microcode 0x129

"Zero issues"

Running MSI RTX 4080 Super 16G SUPRIM X on MSI MEG Optix MEG381CQR Plus 3840x1600 144Hz G-Sync Ultimate

GeForce 560.94 c/w DLSS 3.7.20

Running Ultra mode @3840x1600 144Hz G-Sync Ultimate buttury smooth

Cheers

Right :roll: AMD has more VRAM and wider bus, so that is not the problem, core speed is. Also, the game is an Nvidia sponsored title so please. Still, I'd be more than happy to take a 7900 XTX for a grand rather than a 4090 for two. Anyday.
I to saved a $1000. Rather than a RTX 4090.

Glad I bought the MSI RTX 4080 Super 16G SUPRIM X just destroyed the RT 7900 XTX 24GB across the board.

GeForce 560.94 c/w DLSS 3.7.20

7900 XTX 24GB has more spec's with less performance than 4080 Super 16GB

4080 Super 16GB - 320w ❄️

Cheers

With everything set to max, DLSS Quality and RTXDI Lighting to Ultra (which is default off on Ultra Graphics Setting) I have mostly about 70-80 fps on my RTX4090 which is ok for me. Of course RTXDI is quite expensive, setting it to off nearly doubles the framerate in some areas. In a lot of areas the difference is negligible. But if you look closer at Shadow for smaller details, for example the ground in outdoor areas, the difference is obvious as Shadow are perfect with RTXDI raytraced Shadows, otherwise they are rather unsharp and flickers.

But setting DLSS to Native AA (is this DLAA?) gives an boost in sharpness. Framerate is somehow the same with either RTXDI and DLSS Quality or Native AA without. So mostly Personal taste I would say.

Besides that it looks absolutely astonishing, easily at the same Level as Cyberpunk 2077 or rather better. And of course runs far better on my PC than Jedi Survivor where I had lot's of stutter everywhere.

System Name Nebulon B
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Besides that it looks absolutely astonishing, easily at the same Level as Cyberpunk 2077 or rather better.
I wouldn't go that far. Characters and facial animations look quite crap, like 2010 level at the latest. If you like the game, that's cool, but to say it looks nice is a huge overstatement.

W1zz... I'm curious, are you using the legendary Dell 3007WFP? The 2560x1600 thing intrigues me. :laugh:

Well, that's the importance of art style. This game may have accurate and advanced graphics rendering techniques, but that doesn't mean much if you don't like the art style. As for me, admittedly, I'm turned off by knowing who's the developer responsible for this game, IF i ever pick it up, it'll be when it's finally 75% off. I simply loathe Ubisoft.
I personally don't care if a game comes from EA, Ubisoft, Take 2, Activision, whatever. At the end you could be sure, the only thing which counts for all of them is money. I remember that EA was once the "worst" company in the US. Activision was also once the bad guy once. Currently it is Ubisoft.

Seems like videogame players always need a company which is the scapegoat, guilty for "everything", also the extinction of the dinosaurs ;)

I wouldn't go that far. Characters and facial animations look quite crap, like 2010 level at the latest. If you like the game, that's cool, but to say it looks nice is a huge overstatement.
Of course in this area Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II is still the king or maybe the main protagonist from Callisto Protocol. But this are both games with only a few different protagonists, so it was easier to polish them to the max.

In games like Starwars Outlaws, or maybe Starfield with hundreds of protagonists, lot's of them are aliens which needs a different approach to animate them it is more difficult to let all of them look "photorealistic". But looking at the whole picture, size of the world, variation of environment etc. Outlaws is imo far more impressive than the small area you have in Hellblade 2. And I would not even start with the gameplay itself :)

And yes, there is Horizon Forbidden West which also has more impressive looking faces. But they use a trick here. Every character in Horizon Forbidden West has a hidden Rim Light behind them which is often used for portrait pictures to make lighting look more impressive. In Outlaws there is no such "fake" like this which let faces often look more flat. So maybe they should have done this at well :)

But for me it is absolutely okish, I care far more about the enviroment.

If there is something I had to complain regarding the PC Version, than the prerendered 30 fps cutscenes with lot's of Mpegg compression artefacts. There is one directly at the beginning. No idea why this is not realtime graphics, nothing there which is not in the game as realtime graphics. it would have looked far better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Core i7-12700
Motherboard MSI B660 MAG Mortar
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 CL16 @ 3466 MT/s
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800
Storage Too many to list, lol
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Too many to list, lol
Keyboard Keychron low profile
Software Fedora, Mint

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X5 DDR5-6000 CL36 (F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5)
Video Card(s) INNO3D GeForce RTX™ 4070 Ti SUPER TWIN X2
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, 4TB WD Black SN850X
Display(s) 42" LG C2 OLED, 27" ASUS PG279Q
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ Platinum 760W
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE
Keyboard Corsair K100 RGB
VR HMD HTC Vive Cosmos
Anyone else seeing problems with running out of VRAM? Haven't tried Low graphics settings yet but at Medium and above the game eventually simply runs out of VRAM and crashes when wandering around Mirogana...

System Name "Icy Resurrection"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S upgraded with 2x NF-F12 iPPC-3000 fans and Honeywell PTM7950 TIM
Memory 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 7600 MT/s 36-44-44-52-96 1.4V
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 500 GB WD Black SN750 SE NVMe SSD + 4 TB WD Red Plus WD40EFPX HDD
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Pichau Mancer CV500 White Edition
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
Keyboard Generic PS/2
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores I pulled a Qiqi~
I personally don't care if a game comes from EA, Ubisoft, Take 2, Activision, whatever. At the end you could be sure, the only thing which counts for all of them is money. I remember that EA was once the "worst" company in the US. Activision was also once the bad guy once. Currently it is Ubisoft.

Seems like videogame players always need a company which is the scapegoat, guilty for "everything", also the extinction of the dinosaurs ;)

I have very many reasons to dislike Ubisoft. But I'll just remind you of this:

There's more, a lot more, most of which isn't appropriate for discussion in this forum.

I have no idea why he believes that AC Unity Facial Animations look better than in SW Outlaws as it is obviously not the case. Lighting is far better in Starwars Outlaws. Although for the time AC Unity was released it was quite good.

But by looking at some of his other videos ...

He believes water physics in Outlaws is worse than in Black Flack. Ok, but Water does not react at all to the player in Black Flag, in what universe is this better? Also in Outlaws the character is not supposed to swim as it is not part of the gameplay, does not make much sense to complain about this.

I assume Next Video from NikTek will be. Space Invaders has better Water Physic than Star Wars Outlaws ;)

This video makes more sense as comparison of swimming in AC Games.

And in general I suggest to better check out Digital Foundry for tech reviews.

They at least explain in detail what they mean.

Processor Core i7-12700
Motherboard MSI B660 MAG Mortar
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 CL16 @ 3466 MT/s
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800
Storage Too many to list, lol
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Too many to list, lol
Keyboard Keychron low profile
Software Fedora, Mint
System Name "Icy Resurrection"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S upgraded with 2x NF-F12 iPPC-3000 fans and Honeywell PTM7950 TIM
Memory 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 7600 MT/s 36-44-44-52-96 1.4V
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 500 GB WD Black SN750 SE NVMe SSD + 4 TB WD Red Plus WD40EFPX HDD
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Pichau Mancer CV500 White Edition
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
Keyboard Generic PS/2
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores I pulled a Qiqi~
I assume Next Video from NikTek will be. Space Invaders has better Water Physic than Star Wars Outlaws ;)

You mean that guy who made a name for himself making pro-AMD meme videos? LMAO

System Name Coffeelake the Zen Destroyer
Processor 8700K @5.1GHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
Cooling Cooled by EK
Memory RGB DDR4 4133MHz CL17-17-17-37
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti to future GTX 1180Ti
Storage SAMSUNG 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27VQ to ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
Case Cooler Master HAF X Nvidia Edition
Audio Device(s) Logitech
Power Supply COOLER MASTER 1KW Gold
Mouse LOGITECH Gaming
Keyboard Logitech Gaming
Software MICROSOFT Redstone 4
Benchmark Scores Cine Bench 15 single performance 222
STARWARS IS...

RTX 6080 SUPER 32GB

READY!

Cheers

System Name DELL 3630
Processor I7 8700K
Memory 32 gig
Video Card(s) 4070
I have no idea why he believes that AC Unity Facial Animations look better than in SW Outlaws as it is obviously not the case. Lighting is far better in Starwars Outlaws. Although for the time AC Unity was released it was quite good.

But by looking at some of his other videos ...

He believes water physics in Outlaws is worse than in Black Flack. Ok, but Water does not react at all to the player in Black Flag, in what universe is this better? Also in Outlaws the character is not supposed to swim as it is not part of the gameplay, does not make much sense to complain about this.

This video makes more sense as comparison of swimming in AC Games.

And in general I suggest to better check out Digital Foundry for tech reviews.

They at least explain in detail what they mean.
Unfortunately it's become trendy to bash Ubisoft.

System Name Cyberdyne Systems Core
Processor AMD Sceptre 9 3950x Quantum neural processor (384 nodes)
Motherboard Cyberdyne X1470
Cooling Cyberdyne Superconduct SC5600
Memory 128TB QRAM
Storage SK 16EB NVMe PCI-E 9.0 x8
Display(s) Multiple LG C9 3D Matrix OLED Cube
Software Skysoft Skynet
because its not needed for the visuals we get? imagine you have 16 gb and this mediocre does not load in because of a shortage of Vram....

oh dont be such a silly purist or whatever you call it, this is almost as bad as those "audiophiles", apart form a bit of bandwith constrained artifacting you get 99% of the visuals just fine via youtube.
But there isn't a shortage of VRAM? It's using more VRAM when there's lots of VRAM available, if there's less available it's not eating loads. It's only taking a lot when all the ultra bells and whistles and RT reconstruction stuff is turned on, as expected. Did you not read the review?

"Our VRAM testing shows that Star Wars Outlaws will use a ton of memory—when it's available. On cards with less VRAM it does a reasonably good job at memory management. Our results confirm this, the RTX 4060 Ti 8 GB runs at virtually the same FPS as the RTX 4060 Ti 16 GB, even at 1440p and 4K."

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X5 DDR5-6000 CL36 (F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5)
Video Card(s) INNO3D GeForce RTX™ 4070 Ti SUPER TWIN X2
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, 4TB WD Black SN850X
Display(s) 42" LG C2 OLED, 27" ASUS PG279Q
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ Platinum 760W
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE
Keyboard Corsair K100 RGB
VR HMD HTC Vive Cosmos
But there isn't a shortage of VRAM? It's using more VRAM when there's lots of VRAM available, if there's less available it's not eating loads. It's only taking a lot when all the ultra bells and whistles and RT reconstruction stuff is turned on, as expected. Did you not read the review?

"Our VRAM testing shows that Star Wars Outlaws will use a ton of memory—when it's available. On cards with less VRAM it does a reasonably good job at memory management. Our results confirm this, the RTX 4060 Ti 8 GB runs at virtually the same FPS as the RTX 4060 Ti 16 GB, even at 1440p and 4K."
The game seems to have a VRAM leak. Plus, they have messed up their memory management as usual these days where game will try to allocate more memory than available from VRAM and then falls over.

I have a 4070Ti with 16GB VRAM. I play on 2160p with DLSS Quality, so 1440p-ish native plus a little for DLSS. Especially in Mirogana, if I run a lot between different areas, the VRAM usage builds up and game eventually crashes. Same happens in other areas, just generally slower. I can play reliably for a couple hours on Low settings and no RTGI but after a couple hours (or more intense back-and-forth running in Mirogana) it will still crash.

If I turn on Ultra and RTGI then running through Mirogana will pretty much instantly crash the game.

Edit:
Not the best of examples because the VRAM utilization does not show the rise nicely, partly because the monitoring frequency is too low and partly because there is a big chunk of data the game loads there. I just don't care to spend time messing around to find a better example. There are crashes that happen at 15700MB of used VRAM at an area transition when the next chunk is loaded but that takes more time and finessing to see.

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
Of course in this area Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II is still the king or maybe the main protagonist from Callisto Protocol. But this are both games with only a few different protagonists, so it was easier to polish them to the max.

In games like Starwars Outlaws, or maybe Starfield with hundreds of protagonists, lot's of them are aliens which needs a different approach to animate them it is more difficult to let all of them look "photorealistic". But looking at the whole picture, size of the world, variation of environment etc. Outlaws is imo far more impressive than the small area you have in Hellblade 2. And I would not even start with the gameplay itself :)

And yes, there is Horizon Forbidden West which also has more impressive looking faces. But they use a trick here. Every character in Horizon Forbidden West has a hidden Rim Light behind them which is often used for portrait pictures to make lighting look more impressive. In Outlaws there is no such "fake" like this which let faces often look more flat. So maybe they should have done this at well :)

But for me it is absolutely okish, I care far more about the enviroment.

If there is something I had to complain regarding the PC Version, than the prerendered 30 fps cutscenes with lot's of Mpegg compression artefacts. There is one directly at the beginning. No idea why this is not realtime graphics, nothing there which is not in the game as realtime graphics. it would have looked far better.
These are not excuses, not to mention an AAA game shouldn't compromise on any of its qualities on the premise of some lame excuse. The large (empty) world is just a distraction from the fact that the game is severely lacking in other areas. And I'm not even talking about alien faces. I'm talking about human faces, like the main hero, who also has a face flat like a box. No emotion at all. But they added RT to make all these lifeless surfaces shine. Yay? This is not quality graphics. This is smoke and mirrors, and lazy game development.

Unfortunately it's become trendy to bash Ubisoft.
Unfortunately, it's become a trend to write down any criticism to a game from an AAA studio as being trendy, without looking into any argument from either side.

Processor i7-13700k
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming z790-plus
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212 RGB
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR5 7000mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Dual Geforce RTX 4070 Super ( 2800mhz @ 1.0volt, ~60mhz overlock -.1volts)
Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro PCIe4 NVme, 2x Samsung 1tb 850evo SSD, 3x WD drives, 2 seagate
Display(s) Acer Predator XB273u 27inch IPS G-Sync 165hz
Power Supply Corsair RMx Series RM850x (OCZ Z series PSU retired after 13 years of service)
Mouse Logitech G502 hero
Keyboard Logitech G710+
also to be fair, black flag was a game where 75% of it was piloting a pirate ship so making water look good was needed, i haven't seen much outlaws gameplay but doubt there much more then 5-10% of gameplay where water matters.

Silkysmooth

So you've registered just to post that? Thats cute but hey welcome to TPU! :)

I guess you've completely missed the point and did not read the further replies.
Both the 3060 Ti and the 6700 XT are like a 1080p cards nowadays and at that res the extra Vram wont save you since you will run out of raster performance anyway so both cards will struggle at about the same time and the only difference will be is that you can have higher Textures with the 6700 but at the end of the day both card will run the said game like crap so its time to upgrade probably.
This is also proven by the exclusive tests of the 8 and 16 GB 4060 Ti on this very site, sure there are some edge cases but in general the extra Vram hardly helps a card of that performance caliber for its intended resolution and when you go over that res the card itself will struggle so its a moot point.

I'm a daily user of a 3060 Ti since 2022 and I do play new games on a 2560x1080 Ultrawide monitor so I'm very well familiar with how thing are and in the latest and most demanding games its not my Vram thats limiting me but the raster performance of my card and if it wasn't for DLSS I would have a bad time.
Finished Hellblade 2 with maxed textures and ~rest on high and the Vram was a non issue and apparently its the same with Black Myth Wukong so ye UE 5 is crazy GPU heavy but not yet Vram heavy regardless if you run in with UE 5's Lumen,etc or RT on top, the card is simply too weak to really make use of more Vram with decent settings. 'Btw in both games the 3060 Ti is performing better than the 6700 XT and they both kinda need upscaling too'
The only new-ish game where I've had to drop textures from max to 1 notch lower was Forbidden West and even there its such a minimal difference that unless you lick walls and trees you will never notice the difference let alone during actual gameplay.

Also cope really? Sorry but such troll-ish 'reddit/twitter' terms are not exactly welcome here on TPU so keep that 'style' to yourself cause I have a hard time taking anyone serious with such 'slang'.;)

So you've registered just to post that? Thats cute but hey welcome to TPU! :)

I guess you've completely missed the point and did not read the further replies.
Both the 3060 Ti and the 6700 XT are like a 1080p cards nowadays and at that res the extra Vram wont save you since you will run out of raster performance anyway so both cards will struggle at about the same time and the only difference will be is that you can have higher Textures with the 6700 but at the end of the day both card will run the said game like crap so its time to upgrade probably.
This is also proven by the exclusive tests of the 8 and 16 GB 4060 Ti on this very site, sure there are some edge cases but in general the extra Vram hardly helps a card of that performance caliber for its intended resolution and when you go over that res the card itself will struggle so its a moot point.

I'm a daily user of a 3060 Ti since 2022 and I do play new games on a 2560x1080 Ultrawide monitor so I'm very well familiar with how thing are and in the latest and most demanding games its not my Vram thats limiting me but the raster performance of my card and if it wasn't for DLSS I would have a bad time.
Finished Hellblade 2 with maxed textures and ~rest on high and the Vram was a non issue and apparently its the same with Black Myth Wukong so ye UE 5 is crazy GPU heavy but not yet Vram heavy regardless if you run in with UE 5's Lumen,etc or RT on top, the card is simply too weak to really make use of more Vram with decent settings. 'Btw in both games the 3060 Ti is performing better than the 6700 XT and they both kinda need upscaling too'
The only new-ish game where I've had to drop textures from max to 1 notch lower was Forbidden West and even there its such a minimal difference that unless you lick walls and trees you will never notice the difference let alone during actual gameplay.

Also cope really? Sorry but such troll-ish 'reddit/twitter' terms are not exactly welcome here on TPU so keep that 'style' to yourself cause I have a hard time taking anyone serious with such 'slang'.;)
It will save you in titles like Horizon Forbidden west and Last of us , you can crank up the textures without having to worry about vram buffer filling up i would pick the 6700xt anyday over the 3060ti (it'd be a tough choice if it was the 3070 or 3070ti tho cuz of the nvidia goodies ), the increase in vram going from 1080p to 1440p is very minimal , the real increase comes from increasing the texture quality which really impacts the visuals in a very noticable way , UE5 titles are heavy on other effects like lightning and ambient occlusion which do not consume much vram giving the impression that you will run out of raster before the vram and most of these titles tend to be nvidia exclusives , on the other hand well made sony parts tend to be vram hogs but offer the best visual/perf ratios (Ghost of tushima , Tlou after it got patched , HFW , Ratchet and clank ) Do any of these sony titles have advanced RT or Lumen ? No but they still look fantastic despite using traditional baked in lightning and reflections . Granted it takes more time to make a game look good without using these demanding techs but it's well worth it .

System Name DELL 3630
Processor I7 8700K
Memory 32 gig
Video Card(s) 4070
These are not excuses, not to mention an AAA game shouldn't compromise on any of its qualities on the premise of some lame excuse. The large (empty) world is just a distraction from the fact that the game is severely lacking in other areas. And I'm not even talking about alien faces. I'm talking about human faces, like the main hero, who also has a face flat like a box. No emotion at all. But they added RT to make all these lifeless surfaces shine. Yay? This is not quality graphics. This is smoke and mirrors, and lazy game development.

Unfortunately, it's become a trend to write down any criticism to a game from an AAA studio as being trendy, without looking into any argument from either side.
Many are bashing Ubisoft for reasons that have nothing to do with the games they make. Many of their criticisms can be said about most developers, but they don't. I've been gaming since the late 1970's there's been no innovation in the past ten years. Funny (sad) how some will give GTA 6 when it comes out a 10/10, yet it won't be much different from GTA5.

System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
Many are bashing Ubisoft for reasons that have nothing to do with the games they make. Many of their criticisms can be said about most developers, but they don't. I've been gaming since the late 1970's there's been no innovation in the past ten years. Funny (sad) how some will give GTA 6 when it comes out a 10/10, yet it won't be much different from GTA5.
That I agree with. Ubisoft is just an example of what's wrong with gaming in general these days. A lot of things are a copy of a copy of a copy. Luckily, the indie sector is thriving, and there's still a good AAA game or two to enjoy sometimes, however rare they are.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Temporary MSI RTX 4070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Temporary Viewsonic 4K 60 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10

So far over half of the gamers playing this game have a negative opinion of it. That's pretty telling. Also saying other Developers are making low quality AAA games and charging $70 too isn't a defense for Ubisoft. I'm curious what you think Ubisoft is being bashed for unfairly?

System Name DELL 3630
Processor I7 8700K
Memory 32 gig
Video Card(s) 4070
So far over half of the gamers playing this game have a negative opinion of it. That's pretty telling. Also saying other Developers are making low quality AAA games and charging $70 too isn't a defense for Ubisoft. I'm curious what you think Ubisoft is being bashed for unfairly?
Why does Rockstar or any other developer get a pass for making the same game over and over again? Also with Ubisoft you can rent their games you don't have to buy them. I miss the old Blockbuster days when you could rent games even more so now they are climbing up in price.

arson

The benchmarks don't mention what kind of upscaling was used.
and upscaling had to be used to get those numbers.
Maxed on 4090 in 4K the game runs at around 30 fps, and at 1440p can't keep 60 fps.

That's not my system, compared to many benchmarks on youtube and people get the same, so i'd like to know how you achieve those fps without DLSS or FSR.