• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

Lovely. Also on a side note, the certificate is valid until 2480!

Certificate.png

----

EAPO Stereo Surround - Preset Updated.

Last edited:

Northerion

Hi Ferather i use your drivers but some reason i can not use dtx ultra i can not select spatiual sound as dtx ultra. when i select it it forces as off.
Also it says in app ''dts ultra is active! the featuers confugired auto in multichannel output mode"
I use sound bar with spdif out that would be problem. i heard ultradoes not work with spdif output?

@Northerion, the spatial sound options are for stereo (2 channel), its to mimic multichannel over stereo (2 channels).
If the DTS:X Ultra apps says "multichannel" then all is working as intended.

----

@Northerion, You can also set SPDIF to stereo using 'DTS Settings' and editing 'Stereo.reg' with the device GUID.
You can then use the stereo spatial modes, but the Ultra app will likely run in default.

To get control of the stereo side of the Ultra app, it requires form factor: 'Speakers' or 'Headphones'.
Without it, you can open, minimise then show the Ultra app, it will say 'Music'.

Some SPDIF devices will show 'External Speakers' in the Ultra app, if you are lucky. If so you should have control.
The alternative is to switch to 'Speakers' then back to 'SPDIF', which will carry over (temp).

Last edited:

PooPooPod

Hey ya, after installing the driver. I can't quite get the NVIDIA driver to work (My TV is connected through it). Any suggestions?
1703113483400.png

@PooPooPod

Seems you may have also uninstalled the Nvidia driver somehow. The 'High Definition Audio Device' is Nvidia, given the name it's using the Microsoft driver?
Right click the audio device and check what driver its using, if its says 'Microsoft', you will need to install the Nvidia audio driver.

Search for driver and extracted Nvidia folder (Device Manager), or run the Nvidia installer.

@PooPooPod

No the DTS DCH driver wont effect the GPU, its driver, or setup in anyway. If you want to add DTS APO4 to a GPU you need 'DTS Settings' and 'Device Tools'.
I will give you more instructions if you actually want to do it, in some cases Nvidia-AMD might not like the changes made.

In most cases the Nvidia-AMD driver will not add any processing APO's, and use the Microsoft ones.

Here are two older images of when I added (replaced Microsoft), DTS APO4 and Realtek APO's to an AMD GPU (Audio Extractor, in your case TV).

AMD GPU -1.png AMD GPU -2.png

Northerion

@Northerion, the spatial sound options are for stereo (2 channel), its to mimic multichannel over stereo (2 channels).
If the DTS:X Ultra apps says "multichannel" then all is working as intended.

----

@Northerion, You can also set SPDIF to stereo using 'DTS Settings' and editing 'Stereo.reg' with the device GUID.
You can then use the stereo spatial modes, but the Ultra app will likely run in default.

To get control of the stereo side of the Ultra app, it requires form factor: 'Speakers' or 'Headphones'.
Without it, you can open, minimise then show the Ultra app, it will say 'Music'.

Some SPDIF devices will show 'External Speakers' in the Ultra app, if you are lucky. If so you should have control.
The alternative is to switch to 'Speakers' then back to 'SPDIF', which will carry over (temp).
Ty for answer sir. i am not sure what to do.
i have samsung c450 sound bar that is dts 2channel supports since this 2 channel should i use dts interactive or stereo reg?
as you said if i modif,y stereo reg ican use dts ultra spatial sound but then in device setting i cannot select dts interactive.
i am a bit confused. if you dont mind can you give me a favor please ty so much :)

@Northerion

Then you did it all correctly. DTS Interactive enables and outputs 6 channel audio over SPDIF-HDMI, with stereo only this is removed.
I guess it depends how the soundbar reacts to multichannel, stereo might work better for you overall.

If you setup both .reg files (Stereo-Interactive), you can switch between. Make a folder and copy-rename the .reg files.
If you are using 'Stereo Mix', you will need to mute-unmute it in 'Volume Mixer', to refresh changes.

----

Attachments

• Edit REG File.png
    Edit REG File.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I got bored and edited the device name string for my AMD GPU audio (HDA), via registry.
If you see this in a screenshot at a later date that's why, normal driver.

AMD DCH Audio Device.png

====

CPU consumption is very low, expect about 0.4-0.6% with a few audio apps in use.
I moved the device graph up to view it, no hardware offload.

Low CPU Usage.png

Last edited:
I got bored and edited the device name string for my AMD GPU audio (HDA), via registry.
If you see this in a screenshot at a later date that's why, normal driver.

View attachment 326664

====

CPU consumption is very low, expect about 0.4-0.6% with a few audio apps in use.
I moved the device graph up to view it, no hardware offload.

View attachment 326682
seeing you being just happy with dts and realtek hda drivers while i need boom3d, virtual audio with bLoop, AAF drivers/dts drivers while E APo and hesuvi on top of that... why am i like this :D

//edit; on the other hand im lucky enough to experience it with an pair of LCD-X from Audeze with some custom cable that cost me 450€.. they are made out of 4 cores of 5N purity silver awg22 multistrand litz wire. theres only one thing missing.. and thats an DAC like hugo, but santa wasnt so nice this year :D

I guess some people like every enhancer possible all at once xD

Sometimes I listen to Internet DAB, if you want to call it that, then at times I feel like there should be some extra processing.
But ultimately its because DAB is nerfed audio opposed to proper audio, so screw extra delays.

A bit like comparing TV transmission and a Blu-ray, totally different definitions.

Last edited:
man when my audio cable connecting my lcd´s cost more then the z906, send welp :D
for me it was pretty fun checking viper4windows audio profiles out and comparing those
listening experiences with the one im used too is pretty crazy, it was like a new headset each time:D:D

Please note if you are setting up virtual audio cable to force all app and games to detect and use 5.1, you can also set VAC to 7.1.
I have setup SPDIF-DTS to front-rear 5.1 with virtual side support, so it will accept 7.1 PCM input, direct.

You can also do the same to analogue, set 7.1 untick side, now press side.

----

How to Redirect 5.1, 7.1 to SPDIF [DTS-Dolby] - All Apps

----

Attachments

• SPDIF Config.png
    SPDIF Config.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Virtual Side.png
    Virtual Side.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I noticed yesterday when I installed VAC for testing, that there was no added ghosts by Microsoft.
Somehow I changed something, but don't know what, or, Microsoft fixed it.

----

@ Microsoft, if you are listening, you have some more work to do with 'listen to' registry data at the render endpoint, and some hidden APO points which degrade audio.
You actually have the best possible solution for audio in terms of the design of the SFX-MFX-EFX system, but you also drag it down.

Microsoft audio has the potential to beat both exclusive and ASIO. Bit-perfect or go home!

DMAS Design [SPDIF-Optical] | Page 2 | TechPowerUp Forums

Last edited:
Does anyone one know the volume amount for unity (no loss, no gain) with the Z906 system? It seems to be the default, 2 full + 3 sections.
Analogue requires powerful/extreme amp power output to get similar dB, which is a bad idea for powered speakers.

I disconnected analogue from my Z906 a while ago, I plug in stereo just to test.

====

Lets say a DAC for analogue could do 120 dB maximum output, SPDIF will be doing the full 144 dB (24 bit) on output.
I admit the Z906 might lose some dB on conversion of the digital, but its still louder than analogue.

Default volume for SPDIF seems to be 100% always, and Speakers-Headphones 67%.
I suggest running analogue at 100% (its PCM), prior to DAC.

You will notice the volume has gone up, and there is a stronger conversion, without adding power after the DAC.

----

Ignore the smaller flaws, notice SPDIF. And the Microsoft fixes I mentioned.

E1DA PowerDAC V2.png

====

If you have ran my 'Win CAudio' fix, you have much less to worry about. DTS-Realtek can deal with a fair amount of clipping (over 144 dB).

----

I also forgot to mention I updated my [Potplayer + Preset] files, its set to 32 bit float, and decode all formats to PCM.
If you where to play a DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD audio, audio/video, file, it will output as PCM.

I have set Potplayer to output as many channels as are input, for SPDIF this will eventually be DTS Interactive out.
For analogue (speaker-headphones), the PCM will be output to DAC as normal, inc multichannel.

If you get some sound oddities with a/v files, change or disable the a/v normalizer.

----

DMAS (Digitally Managed Audio System) < middle mouse click

32 bit float starting at the black box after input. Should be rated lossless.
Quality loss point, and main point for THD, THD+N is the speaker.

Optical transfer of the audio makes it immune to the separated power.

The input and output from the DMAS can be compared, and adjusted.

Low Level Signals: 32-bit Float versus 24-bit - Sound Devices

----

Attachments

• Bitperfect.png
    Bitperfect.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Interesting.png
    Interesting.png
    431.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DTS-X Home Theatre.png
    DTS-X Home Theatre.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Win CAudio - updated, disable all recording, then playback devices, apply CAudio.reg (regedit as Ti), restart, enable recording then playback.
Reminder for SPDIF and Stereo Mix (Listen To), use 'Clean Listen.reg' after you enable the device, then restart again.

Settings and Utility (Optionals)

Last edited:
Please note if you are setting up virtual audio cable to force all app and games to detect and use 5.1, you can also set VAC to 7.1.
I have setup SPDIF-DTS to front-rear 5.1 with virtual side support, so it will accept 7.1 PCM input, direct.

You can also do the same to analogue, set 7.1 untick side, now press side.

----

How to Redirect 5.1, 7.1 to SPDIF [DTS-Dolby] - All Apps

----
thats what i´ve been trying to do but sofar no luck..
i had it working once and it made an big impact on sound quality for me!
i´ve decided to stay on w11 for now, maybe you can help me out whenever you have time the next days through teamviewer and show me how you would setup audio?
depending on how long you would take for that i would compensate you too via donation

@skymeows, VAC definitely works, that's a bit odd. I can help you via TeamViewer today if you have time, else message me a good day and time.

Optionals I run: MSI Utility *, Win CAudio *, SPDIF Formats *, Equalizer APO (Config.reg and DTS Settings) **, Clean Listen.reg.

* Run/configured only once. ** Run/configured only once per driver install.

Even the greatest hardware will be dragged down by Microsoft audio, you can opt to do nothing, or do something.
In addition, an APO cant be lossless if Windows is not being lossless, its as good as the input.

Example: Lossless Audio In > WD > SFX APO's > WD > MFX APO's > WD > EFX APO's > Degraded Audio Out.

WD = Windows Degradation. An APO can also add degradation.

====

Here are some images of my older 889, where I added the extra formats to SPDIF, ticked all the boxes, then converted the form factor to HDMI.
The data converted from SPDIF to HDMI EDID, interestingly Windows did manage to report back the bit depths and channels.

Channel config option was usable, however limited to stereo due to the 2 channel transmitter (detected).
Had the transmitter been a current one, it could say something like 15+ channels.

Interestingly, a programmable SPDIF transmitter capable of 15+ (such as this one), can be handled at Windows end as HDMI.

Attachments

• SPDIF -Before.png
    SPDIF -Before.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 29
  • SPDIF - HDMI.png
    SPDIF - HDMI.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
  • After - Atmos.png
    After - Atmos.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 34
  • SPDIF.png
    SPDIF.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
@Ferather Been away from techpowerup and i can see so many things changed so what is the proper step for the 5.1 analogue multichannel audio.please can you explain and should i select alternative option during the driver setup

@druboo_666, Welcome back.

Pretty much follow post 1 to remove the device and previous drivers, as per normal. In terms of [Main] or [Alternative], it depends on the device.
If you able to control the Ultra app with 'analogue' and [Main], stick with [Main], if nothing happens follow post 1 and swap.

In some cases the OEM (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, other), has altered the way analogue behaves, and DTS detection requires some changes.
The same can also be said for the SPDIF side of the device, in some cases DTS Interactive will not show (see in post 1).

----

Once you have the right driver setup for your device (Ultra working), take a note of which one you needed for the device (Main or Alternative).
When you have installed the driver, I suggest you set the speaker config to 7.1 and untick side to get virtual side.

Speaker Config.png Virtual Side.png

Windows will downmix 7.1 to 5.1, and playback side over front-rear to virtualize.
Press the side speaker and it should sound like side (with rear setup).

----

You can also register the Realtek API (not APO), and unlock all device-config related Realtek features in the Realtek app.

Edit: Also make sure the analogue amp is set to the lowest setting, if you have a programmable one.

Last edited:
@skymeows, VAC definitely works, that's a bit odd. I can help you via TeamViewer today if you have time, else message me a good day and time.

Optionals I run: MSI Utility *, Win CAudio *, SPDIF Formats *, Equalizer APO (Config.reg and DTS Settings) **, Clean Listen.reg.

* Run/configured only once. ** Run/configured only once per driver install.

Even the greatest hardware will be dragged down by Microsoft audio, you can opt to do nothing, or do something.
In addition, an APO cant be lossless if Windows is not being lossless, its as good as the input.

Example: Lossless Audio In > WD > SFX APO's > WD > MFX APO's > WD > EFX APO's > Degraded Audio Out.

WD = Windows Degradation. An APO can also add degradation.

====

Here are some images of my older 889, where I added the extra formats to SPDIF, ticked all the boxes, then converted the form factor to HDMI.
The data converted from SPDIF to HDMI EDID, interestingly Windows did manage to report back the bit depths and channels.

Channel config option was usable, however limited to stereo due to the 2 channel transmitter (detected).
Had the transmitter been a current one, it could say something like 15+ channels.

Interestingly, a programmable SPDIF transmitter capable of 15+ (such as this one), can be handled at Windows end as HDMI.

i got it working somehow, the difference is insane too!
and yeah i feel the pain of microsoft having undocumented registry entries degrading sound quality hard

Well the 'Win CAudio' one is the Windows audio engine (probably central audio, or something similar). All devices-drivers, run once (like an update).
The repeating one is 'Clean Listen' on device disable-enable, when using 'Listen To' on that particular device, it's very annoying.

Else, not too much negative to say about Microsoft, needs better SPDIF support (formats, multichannel).
Programmable buffer size (user) and latency compensation, would be an improvement.

Well the 'Win CAudio' one is the Windows audio engine (probably central audio, or something similar). All devices-drivers, run once (like an update).
The repeating one is 'Clean Listen' on device disable-enable, when using 'Listen To' on that particular device, it's very annoying.

Else, not too much negative to say about Microsoft, needs better SPDIF support (formats, multichannel).
Programmable buffer size (user) and latency compensation, would be an improvement.
well i guess it isnt that supported because they might think that revealing/implementing those settings do more harm then good where ppl end up tinkering & fucking up their system just to cry about it on a forum like these :D or just being lazy either or;P