• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Tradition? A chance for the game to assemble some last-second stuff behind the scenes (which could admittedly happen in a menu screen)? Somewhere to show off some art?

Whatever the reason, it's been common practice for so long that it's hard to believe that there's no practical reason for it. And sometimes those screens are just... nice. One of my favorite gaming moments is the landing screen for ME1 PC. More than once I caught myself just watching the rotating planet and listening to the gorgeous background music for several minutes.
Oh yes, I loved that one. The music... :rolleyes: I get it how the computer could do some final work while that planet slowly moved away before the menu appeared. But there's no animation in LE. Just that screen. :confused:

Edit: Or is my computer too fast for this game? :D

Well, being in a rush to start a game is usually not a sign you'll be enjoying it, maybe the game wants to slow you down a bit to get you immersed. Its the same thing with long intro's and stuff. Gets your mind working towards the world you're going into.
I love intros, really! I just don't know why I have to "press any key" after an animated Bioware ad that features characters from the game which gets me in the mood anyway. Eh, not the end of the world. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
I love intros, really! I just don't know why I have to "press any key" after an animated Bioware ad that features characters from the game which gets me in the mood anyway. Eh, not the end of the world. :ohwell:
Some games are worse offenders, they don't even allow you to click past the half dozen animated logo's that need to be plastered on screen. Every. Single. Time. And the epilepsy warning that they want to show for a mandatory 10 seconds or so... And the thingy saying 'This game has an autosave feature'... And...

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Some games are worse offenders, they don't even allow you to click past the half dozen animated logo's that need to be plastered on screen. Every. Single. Time. And the epilepsy warning that they want to show for a mandatory 10 seconds or so... And the thingy saying 'This game has an autosave feature'... And...
FH5 is the prime example of this. Seriously, all games should have an option to disable startup intros after first launch.

D

Deleted member 24505

Played Squad over the weekend. I really need to start playing it more frequently instead of every month or so, otherwise I'm too rusty.

I have squad, really liked it, but it's a bit elitist

FH5 is the prime example of this. Seriously, all games should have an option to disable startup intros after first launch.

Can't you just delete the video files on some of them for the intros?

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
I have squad, really liked it, but it's a bit elitist

Can't you just delete the video files on some of them for the intros?
Elitist how?

Not unless you want your launcher to download the file everytime you delete it.

Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Squad isn't elitist, some of its players might be, but as long as you're happy to hop between servers you should be fine.

D

Deleted member 24505

Squad isn't elitist, some of its players might be, but as long as you're happy to hop between servers you should be fine.
Players, some are very imo. I can kinda understand why but for someone new to the game it makes it kinda hard to find a group that don't whine as you don't understand the workings of the game yet. I love the way it looks and plays though.

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Players, some are very imo. I can kinda understand why but for someone new to the game it makes it kinda hard to find a group that don't whine as you don't understand the workings of the game yet. I love the way it looks and plays though.
Isn't that a problem with all online games? I used to love World of Tanks, but game development and the player base evolved faster than I ever could, making the game harder to master and less fun for me.

D

Deleted member 24505

Isn't that a problem with all online games? I used to love World of Tanks, but game development and the player base evolved faster than I ever could, making the game harder to master and less fun for me.

Maybe so i guess. Games like squad suffer more though imo, shame really, i did like it, but don't bother with it anymore.

Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Maybe so i guess. Games like squad suffer more though imo, shame really, i did like it, but don't bother with it anymore.
What region are you in? If you're in EU I my go-to servers are from: RB, BB, RIP. Also some servers specifically advertise being "new player friendly" in the server name - that would be my go to for someone new. If you want to give it another try it's always better to clearly say "Hey, I'm new, can I get some pointers" and people should help (at least that's my experience when playing UK/EU servers).
My tips are:
- always join a squad, being unassigned will get you autokicked from most of the servers,
- use mic, it's a team based game and not Typing of the Dead,
- start slow, basic rifleman kit or medic kit, avoid marksman/sniper roles as they are often shunned upon because people that take it often don't know how to play it as a squad role, not a one man army,
- stay back, don't rush into action or get used to dying quick,
- if you don't like the vibe of the server give another server a try,
- if you don't like someone's attitude there's always mute function which can be triggered by clicking the speaker icon next to someone's name on the player list,
- filter out your server list by using the star (favorite) function, then under "show filter" select "show favorites only" - that's the best way to get rid off servers that aren't in your region and make browsing the server list faster.

D

Deleted member 24505

What region are you in? If you're in EU I my go-to servers are from: RB, BB, RIP. Also some servers specifically advertise being "new player friendly" in the server name - that would be my go to for someone new. If you want to give it another try it's always better to clearly say "Hey, I'm new, can I get some pointers" and people should help (at least that's my experience when playing UK/EU servers).
My tips are:
- always join a squad, being unassigned will get you autokicked from most of the servers,
- use mic, it's a team based game and not Typing of the Dead,
- start slow, basic rifleman kit or medic kit, avoid marksman/sniper roles as they are often shunned upon because people that take it often don't know how to play it as a squad role, not a one man army,
- stay back, don't rush into action or get used to dying quick,
- if you don't like the vibe of the server give another server a try,
- if you don't like someone's attitude there's always mute function which can be triggered by clicking the speaker icon next to someone's name on the player list,
- filter out your server list by using the star (favorite) function, then under "show filter" select "show favorites only" - that's the best way to get rid off servers that aren't in your region and make browsing the server list faster.

UK/EUR

I usually did play rifleman and always use a mic if the game needs it. No one really talked to me directly at all, even though i did join a squad, they mostly seemed to do their own thing and ignore me. Some whined at me, where are you going etc then booted me from their squad. It seems to be a lot of pals playing in their own squads that know the game and always play together, very pally pally.

System Name SYBARIS
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Case Montech Air ARGB
UK/EUR

I usually did play rifleman and always use a mic if the game needs it. No one really talked to me directly at all, even though i did join a squad, they mostly seemed to do their own thing and ignore me. Some whined at me, where are you going etc then booted me from their squad. It seems to be a lot of pals playing in their own squads that know the game and always play together, very pally pally.
If you're English I'd stick with ENG/EN servers mostly. Look the server names. Hell I bet you'd have good ping to play in US East Coast servers.

And I rarely experienced the situation you describe. Maybe if you join mid-game. And if someone created a squad for his friends but forgot to lock it. Albeit I haven't played in EU servers so speaking from AU servers experince.

And this game rewards pro-active players, not reactive ones. When you join a squad say hello. Ask squad leader what role you should get. Although since you're starting new stick with gunner, rifleman and medic. Medic would be best imo because people will call out to you. And talk to break ice. Sometimes some SLs will kick you just cause cause they don't like you (which is kinda being a dick).

If you join mid-game and joined the only available squad and it's boring, I'd urge you to wait till match end. Then quickly join the first squads created. Notice the name though. Armor, <vehicle name>, heli are special squads and expect you to be proficient in that task. Just join INF or Infantry squads. The first squad leaders are actual leaders. Later ones are mostly leftovers. And if you missed the rush and nobody's creating squads change the server or try to change the team first. The game's experience heavily relies on charismatic SLs imo.

Finally I wouldn't advise you learn on-the-job for this game. Watch some guides by MoiDawg and Karmkut in YT. The players are mostly chill to new players though. You can tell your SL and squad that you're new beforehand and they'll excuse you. You can also ask questions when it comes to mind and they'll explain it to you. But you should still learn some extracurricular things except pew pew. Like interacting with vehicles (dropping supply, picking up supply, re-arming your ammo), digging down and digging up construction, bandaging self and teammate, dragging friendly dead body to a safe spot for revive, using mortar, using binocular, using local chat to call out to nearby teammates, using squad chat to communicate with squad and most importantly call out enemies (fortification, vehicles, infantry) with compass bearing and accompanying terrain details.

Communication is key in this game and I love this aspect of it. Kinda sad that in-game voice chat is becoming so rare these days.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I knew that if I started Black Mesa again from the beginning that I'd be hooked and so it transpires.
Nice to blast these three to kingdom come!
black-mesa-blast-pit.jpg

D

Deleted member 24505

If you're English I'd stick with ENG/EN servers mostly. Look the server names. Hell I bet you'd have good ping to play in US East Coast servers.

And I rarely experienced the situation you describe. Maybe if you join mid-game. And if someone created a squad for his friends but forgot to lock it. Albeit I haven't played in EU servers so speaking from AU servers experince.

And this game rewards pro-active players, not reactive ones. When you join a squad say hello. Ask squad leader what role you should get. Although since you're starting new stick with gunner, rifleman and medic. Medic would be best imo because people will call out to you. And talk to break ice. Sometimes some SLs will kick you just cause cause they don't like you (which is kinda being a dick).

If you join mid-game and joined the only available squad and it's boring, I'd urge you to wait till match end. Then quickly join the first squads created. Notice the name though. Armor, <vehicle name>, heli are special squads and expect you to be proficient in that task. Just join INF or Infantry squads. The first squad leaders are actual leaders. Later ones are mostly leftovers. And if you missed the rush and nobody's creating squads change the server or try to change the team first. The game's experience heavily relies on charismatic SLs imo.

Finally I wouldn't advise you learn on-the-job for this game. Watch some guides by MoiDawg and Karmkut in YT. The players are mostly chill to new players though. You can tell your SL and squad that you're new beforehand and they'll excuse you. You can also ask questions when it comes to mind and they'll explain it to you. But you should still learn some extracurricular things except pew pew. Like interacting with vehicles (dropping supply, picking up supply, re-arming your ammo), digging down and digging up construction, bandaging self and teammate, dragging friendly dead body to a safe spot for revive, using mortar, using binocular, using local chat to call out to nearby teammates, using squad chat to communicate with squad and most importantly call out enemies (fortification, vehicles, infantry) with compass bearing and accompanying terrain details.

Communication is key in this game and I love this aspect of it. Kinda sad that in-game voice chat is becoming so rare these days.

Initially when it came out, i watched some vids, and love the look of it. I am not a leet player by any means, i play for enjoyment.

System Name SYBARIS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Initially when it came out, i watched some vids, and love the look of it. I am not a leet player by any means, i play for enjoyment.
I mean it's like airsoft. You shouldn't take it seriously. Just play some invasion mode or any mode with insurgents. You'll die laughing after getting blown by their suicide bomb antics.

I've heard about this. Kinda lame if you ask me.
The chinese ganers have ruined online gaming for asians imo. Maybe for europeans as well.
I still remember the their horror stories in ARK and early PUBG days until the devs locked them in their own region.

I mean it's like airsoft. You shouldn't take it seriously. Just play some invasion mode or any mode with insurgents. You'll die laughing after getting blown by their suicide bomb antics.
Case in point:
https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/sy0h0s

System Name SYBARIS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Finished Shadwen. I really liked the short adventure. Apparently it has various endings. If you spare the king, somehow it's a happy ending where you become a permanent babysitter. You mean to tell me after I picked this kid up from the edge of this big-ass medieval town, guide the miserable twerp through endless piece of a castle, alleyways when originally I came to just kill the king, I should spare the bloody fucker? Fug off. Miss me with that gay wholesome shit.

Doubly so after I read the wiki. Apparently the main character was hired to kill the old king by the current king. Then current king burned down the forest where the mc lived. So no shit I ain't not gonna kill the king.

The environmental story-telling is superb. And guard voices sound like proper british voice, not american trying to sound british. Gives the medieval setting credibility.

Off to kill the king
20220223235102_1.jpg

The arts are awesome in this game.
20220224000112_1.jpg

Credit sobg is a banger. Starts at 2:13. The game's so obscure nobody bothered uploading just the song.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Playing Tomb Raider Anniversary on an AMD A6 6320 APU (Radeon HD 6530D) at 80fps. Pretty good.
Not sure about Crysis though... :D

Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
I'm trying to squeeze in at least an hour of Squad daily this week. Had some mediocre rounds yesterday, mostly because of unbalanced teams. I'm really starting to doubt hit detection on some guns. I can pull controlled bursts from C7A2 on a dude 10m away and he shrugs it off like it's nothing. Meanwhile some randoms have no problems scoring a headshot on me immediately after stopping from full sprint.

System Name SYBARIS
Case Montech Air ARGB
I'm trying to squeeze in at least an hour of Squad daily this week. Had some mediocre rounds yesterday, mostly because of unbalanced teams. I'm really starting to doubt hit detection on some guns. I can pull controlled bursts from C7A2 on a dude 10m away and he shrugs it off like it's nothing. Meanwhile some randoms have no problems scoring a headshot on me immediately after stopping from full sprint.
Ping above 100 is rough from my experience. Just put them in full auto when inside towns and semi on open terrain. And from tacticool games like these (insurgency, ins sandstorm) shoot-then-zoom is faster than zoom-then-shoot like every other casual games (battlefield, call of duty). Cause the ADS (Aim Down Sight/right click zoom) speed is purposefully slowed a little. OTOH hipfire is accurate to a T cause they don't use random bullet deviation like casual games. Hell casual games have random bullet deviation even while zoomed.

Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Ping above 100 is rough from my experience. Just put them in full auto when inside towns and semi on open terrain. And from tacticool games like these (insurgency, ins sandstorm) shoot-then-zoom is faster than zoom-then-shoot like every other casual games (battlefield, call of duty). Cause the ADS (Aim Down Sight/right click zoom) speed is purposefully slowed a little. OTOH hipfire is accurate to a T cause they don't use random bullet deviation like casual games. Hell casual games have random bullet deviation even while zoomed.
Yeah it takes time to get used to, same as deploying bipod "Hey, I should be able to do it here, right? Wrong!". It might be that 5.56 used in C7/M4 just sucks against body armor.

System Name SYBARIS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Yeah it takes time to get used to, same as deploying bipod "Hey, I should be able to do it here, right? Wrong!". It might be that 5.56 used in C7/M4 just sucks against body armor.
Well tbf bipods are very hard to get right. I heard DICE tried years to fix it in BFV. Though idk if it's a general trend or modern DICE being modern DICE. Just don't bother. MGs gor negligible recoil in SQUAD anyway.

How did I miss Steam Next Fest this time? I played so many games last two times. Fortunately there's still time. Played a few minutes of CROWZ, Boundary, Trail of Ayash, The Last Oricru, Cynthia Hidden In The Moonshadow.

Will post screenshots later. CROWZ disappointed me. Performance is pitiful even changing from high to low. Though it could be that setting change didn't apply like some games needs restart to take effect.

Boundary was awesome. I went in blind (unless the Nvidia RTX trailer years ago counts) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Dismayed to see it's 5v5. I've moved away from 5v5 sweatfest as I get older.

Trail of Ayash feels like typical survival shit. Will have to play more.

Cynthia Hidden In The Moonshadow I completed in like half an hour? The demo was short. Gave reasonable feedback about it to the dev. Though tbh it's nothing to write home about.

The Last Oricru feels the most polished and dare I say almost release-ready. Giving me AA eurojank vibe. And despite cringey dialogue, I'm mystified almost hooked in the setting and premise. Will play more to get a better idea.

System Name nope
Processor I3 10100F
Motherboard ATM Gigabyte h410
Cooling Arctic 12 passive
Memory ATM Gskill 1x 8GB NT Series (No Heatspreader bling bling garbage, just Black DIMMS)
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7770 and EVGA GTX 470 and Zotac GTX 960
Storage 120GB OS SSD, 240GB M2 Sata, 240GB M2 NVME, 300GB HDD, 500GB HDD
Display(s) Nec EA 241 WM
Case Coolermaster whatever
Audio Device(s) Onkyo on TV and Mi Bluetooth on Screen
Power Supply Super Flower Leadx 550W
Mouse Steelseries Rival Fnatic
Keyboard Logitech K270 Wireless
Software Deepin, BSD and 10 LTSC
i did try today to play god of war on my great pc:respect:, the game runs but i have no audio and im playing with 20 fps totaly in the cpu limit, cant await the 10400F :laugh:
(GPU Load 54%)

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Playing more and more over GeForce Now lately, I got spoiled by silent fans for my mid-life couch gaming ... latency be damned, getting old enough not to notice :laugh: